Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 08-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #121
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You guys almost make me regret not paying for HBO...or Showtime, or whatever that show is on.

But not quite.

Looking for some more iPhone testimonials...
I didn't have HBO until very recently, and I got my hands on all five seasons of The Wire.

And just from my point of view (and I know Dirno agrees) you should do whatever you need to do to watch it at some point.

</hijack>

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #122
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So did anyone actually get one of these abominations?

My wife's contract is up soon and she's starting to get annoying...I'm thinking of caving, but I'm concerned with all the reports of dropped calls and poor network coverage recently.
The 3G network is spotty in underdeveloped areas obviously..and in some areas 1-2 bars ...but the EDGE network should be viable there if you cannot get 3G.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #123
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anything about iPhones, but 3G is still pretty spotty, as Nike said. Even in downtown Dallas, if you're in an area where you're only getting 1 to 2 bars with Edge, you're probably not getting 3G.

Depending on how seamlessly it switches between Edge and 3G that might not be a big deal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #124
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity

It will be mine.
It's still mine. I bought it back in October 2007 when I was visiting the states and I have to say that I've never been as pleased with a technological product as with the iPhone. I recently even bought a MacBook and I have to say that I like the iPhone even better now. The sync function is priceless.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #125
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Got an iPhone 3G about 2 weeks ago. So far, my primary complaint is the one already noted: the 3G network is often spotty.

Honestly, for me, it's not a huge deal, because the vast majority of the time I'm on WiFi anyway. But the EDGE network is considerably slower than 3G, so in places where I don't have WiFi (which is rare) it kind of sucks.

Overall, though, I love the phone. I'm happy with my purchase.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #126
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

I've had my iphone for about 3 weeks, and all in all it's great. traded up from a treo, and there is no comparison in accessing corporate e mail (treo required goodlink, iphone doesn't), going on the web (much much faster on iphone), and the app store is greatness. have not travelled yet with it but have had no problems with reception anywhere in dfw. call clarity is very good. and it is a portable ipod with a built in speaker.

negatives: the battery in the iphone is pathetic, there's somedays I have to charge it twice. my fingers are a bit big for the alpha keys but I'm getting used to it.

all in all I am a very satisfied customer.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #127
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
negatives: the battery in the iphone is pathetic, there's somedays I have to charge it twice. my fingers are a bit big for the alpha keys but I'm getting used to it.
Do you have push on for any of your accounts? That will murder your battery. I had push set to on for a over-the-air exchange server I use to sync my calendar, which was completely unnecessary. As soon as I turned push off, my battery literally started to last about 4-5x longer.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #128
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Ran into my first major problem with my iphone. All my 3rd party apps have stopped working. They'll open but close after a couple of seconds. Apparently this is a known issue that Apple hasn't been willing or able to fix to this point. I found a thread on another boards suggesting possible fixes but, as far as I can tell, there's no definitive fix that's worked for everyone.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #129
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Ran into my first major problem with my iphone. All my 3rd party apps have stopped working. They'll open but close after a couple of seconds. Apparently this is a known issue that Apple hasn't been willing or able to fix to this point. I found a thread on another boards suggesting possible fixes but, as far as I can tell, there's no definitive fix that's worked for everyone.
Me too. This is pissing me off. I have restored my phone twice. Jobs promised a fix by september but GORRAMIT. I was looking forward to using my sports app for football this weekend. FRACKING PIECE OF CRAAAAAAAAP.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #130
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Me too. This is pissing me off. I have restored my phone twice. Jobs promised a fix by september but GORRAMIT. I was looking forward to using my sports app for football this weekend. FRACKING PIECE OF CRAAAAAAAAP.
lol. nice.

Anyway...these 3rd party apps that don't work anymore, are these are things you've acquired independently from any official apple/att sources? or are these the apps downloaded from the new official app store?

Are At&t stores carrying these in stock these days? Or will I have to track down an actual Apple store to get one of these things for my wife?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #131
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
lol. nice.

Anyway...these 3rd party apps that don't work anymore, are these are things you've acquired independently from any official apple/att sources? or are these the apps downloaded from the new official app store?

Are At&t stores carrying these in stock these days? Or will I have to track down an actual Apple store to get one of these things for my wife?
The 3rd party apps are from official apple apps store that were approved and ready to go. I believe it is more of a problem with the firmware than the programs itself.

Most stores should be carrying the iPhones in stock. I would definitely go to an Apple store to get the phone. They would be more knowledgable to helping you get the phone activated and working.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #132
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Any of you iPhoners tried any remote desktop apps on your phones?

http://cre.ations.net/creation/webvn...on-your-iphone

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-09-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #133
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Lasik is a requirement for using this app? :-p

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #134
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I got mine about three weeks ago and at the time there was a 10 day wait at AT&T stores while Apple stores had them in stock.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #135
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I guess Lasik is a requirement for using this app? :-p
I assume like anything else on the iPhone you can do that awesome thing with your fingers where you zoom in on something, as with the web browser.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 09-09-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #136
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
What do you lose when you restore your phone?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #137
LonghornDub

Quote:
I had this problem. I fixed it by deleting all the apps off my phone and re-syncing it with my computer.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #138
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any of you iPhoners tried any remote desktop apps on your phones?

http://cre.ations.net/creation/webvn...on-your-iphone

that is very sweet.

but..

i'd like to hijack this thread for a minute. Can someone please name some FREE software for a Blackberry. I have the 8800.

i need a terminal services client program. Which i can use to remote desktop into our term. server. anyone got any names? I was using TSMobiles for awhile, but it cost money so it turned off.

next i need an app like PuTTY that i can use to ssh into some routers/switches, free! i was using MidpSSH but..it never worked right..

thanks +1 rep to poster

do it
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #139
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
I had this problem. I fixed it by deleting all the apps off my phone and re-syncing it with my computer.
I've seen that suggested a couple of places. I'll try it when I get home.

They need go get this fixed. Having to download apps to your PC and sync negates one of the coolest features of the phone which happens to be the one that they're pushing in the current television add campaign.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #140
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
What do you lose when you restore your phone?
If your iPhone was "backed up" before you won't lose anything. Saves all settings and stuff. It takes awhile to restore though. You will probably need to set aside 30mins - 1 hour. It transfers everything back onto your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub

I tried this as well..bc it was suggested on other forums but it did not work. Hopefully with iTunes 8 coming out it fixes it.

Edit: software update announced -- 10:49AM "This is a big update, it fixes lots of bugs. Fewer dropped calls, big battery life improvements. No crashes with Apps. Backing up is faster." Nice.

NEW IPOD LINE AS WELL.
http://live.gizmodo.com/
http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/09/l...san-francisco/

Last edited by nikeball; 09-09-2008 at 12:53 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #141
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
that is very sweet.

but..

i'd like to hijack this thread for a minute. Can someone please name some FREE software for a Blackberry. I have the 8800.

i need a terminal services client program. Which i can use to remote desktop into our term. server. anyone got any names? I was using TSMobiles for awhile, but it cost money so it turned off.

next i need an app like PuTTY that i can use to ssh into some routers/switches, free! i was using MidpSSH but..it never worked right..

thanks +1 rep to poster

do it

bump
Old 09-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #142
nikeball
Platinum Member

Anyone have the Sportacular APP? It owns.

Up to minute stats for games, players, teams etc. I can even create my own fantasy team to keep track of how my players are doing.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #143
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Anyone have the Sportacular APP? It owns.

Up to minute stats for games, players, teams etc. I can even create my own fantasy team to keep track of how my players are doing.
Wow that looks cool. It's free too, right?

I'm taking my wife this weekend to get a stinking 200 dollar iPhone, so I'm looking forward to playing around with it. If I approve, I may get one too, but I'm not eligible for a discount until December and there doesn't seem to be any way around that.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #144
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wow that looks cool. It's free too, right?

I'm taking my wife this weekend to get a stinking 200 dollar iPhone, so I'm looking forward to playing around with it. If I approve, I may get one too, but I'm not eligible for a discount until December and there doesn't seem to be any way around that.
I only have free APPs downloaded thus far. Until the Star Wars game comes out.

It also shows game times, current standings, news....great for when you are in a meeting at work and bored

EDIT: I went and got another case yesterday at the Apple store. The Incase "SLIDER" case is my favorite thus far. --- Out of other ones I have felt and tested..this was the best. and....that's what she said.

Last edited by nikeball; 09-11-2008 at 10:56 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #145
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I have vowed to never by an Apple product.... however I will purchase an iPhone if capitalcity will post his 3000th post....
Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #146
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I have vowed to never by an Apple product.... however I will purchase an iPhone if capitalcity will post his 3000th post....
I feel the same way. I'm very anti-Apple....but the iPhone lures me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #147
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I've never been anti-apple as far as peripherals go like the phone and the iPod. Have you ever played with an iPhone? It's just too cool. It's just cooler than cool.

As far as freaking Mac machines and laptops go, that's where I say "never."
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #148
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've never been anti-apple as far as peripherals go like the phone and the iPod. Have you ever played with an iPhone? It's just too cool. It's just cooler than cool.

As far as freaking Mac machines and laptops go, that's where I say "never."
My MacBook is freaking awesome! It runs and runs and runs and runs and I never ever lose any data or have to restart.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #149
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo

alright capitalcity..this one is on you!

you post that G-D 3000th post, so U2 will go buy an iPhone.

do it.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #150
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair to me.... this is good until the end of September 2008.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #151
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Someone should make graph on the price of gas since capcity last posted....I'm sure there's a correlation there
Old 09-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #152
MavsX
Diamond Member

Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #153
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
My MacBook is freaking awesome! It runs and runs and runs and runs and I never ever lose any data or have to restart.
My three year old Dell is the same. Course I'm running Linux and also OSX86.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #154
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

posting from iPhone...very cool
Old 09-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #155
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
posting from iPhone...very cool
haha nice.

My phone still has service! iPhone FTW!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #156
dirno2000
Diamond Member

sports

Last edited by dirno2000; 09-13-2008 at 11:26 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #157
nikeball
Platinum Member

It did update. Did you click "Check for updates?"

I am running on 2.1 right now
Old 09-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #158
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
It did update. Did you click "Check for updates?"

I am running on 2.1 right now
Yea, that's why I edited my original post.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #159
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I want to put some video on my wifes iPhone...anyone know of a good free .avi to mp4 converter?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #160
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

If I remember correctly it does iPhone optimized size videos too.