Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-24-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
aggie805

aggie805 is on a distinguished road
Default Let's go get a high draft pick!

How about trading Quisy and Terry for the #1 pick. We can then draft Aldridge or put a pretty nice package together for trades.
aggie805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

only an aggie...

did you not watch game 6 without JET? You really think Devin is ready to take over full time after that string of performances?
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
aggie805

lol......I don't want jet to leave but I think he's stock has skyrocketed. We need to get something for him and we can build around Dirk, Devin, and J-Ho. Maybe we can try and sign Cassell with the MLE.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Cassel will cost more than the MLE. He has already stated that.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip41
Cassel will cost more than the MLE. He has already stated that.
What Sam states and the market dictates could be two different things. See Latrell Sprewell.

That said, I am convinced after watching these playoffs that we need to bring Terry back, even if we have to overpay to keep him.

Quisy, on the other hand, has probably become expendable--which I hate, since I'm a big Quis fan, but I think it's pretty clear he doesn't fit Avery's game. $6MM is a lot to pay your 4th/5th guard, when you figure Terry & Josh are both headed for big paydays.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie805
lol......I don't want jet to leave but I think he's stock has skyrocketed. We need to get something for him and we can build around Dirk, Devin, and J-Ho. Maybe we can try and sign Cassell with the MLE.
btw, I was just giving you crud about the aggs as I am a Tech graduate.

Why not let Jet be part of what we are building around also? He's only in his mid 20s as well and is a very good guard. He can run the 1 and slide over to the 2 in a pinch as we have seen this season. If we were to lose him, we would have absolutely no outside threat besides Dirk. Our offense is many times predicated on drive and kick and swing the ball around. We need outside shooting to run this offense as proven in Game 6 and 7. Not to mention, Jet wants to be here, seems to love Dallas and the crowds and you need that type of player on your team.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 05-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
What Sam states and the market dictates could be two different things. See Latrell Sprewell.

That said, I am convinced after watching these playoffs that we need to bring Terry back, even if we have to overpay to keep him.

Quisy, on the other hand, has probably become expendable--which I hate, since I'm a big Quis fan, but I think it's pretty clear he doesn't fit Avery's game. $6MM is a lot to pay your 4th/5th guard, when you figure Terry & Josh are both headed for big paydays.
I would love to unload Quisy for a sweet shooting 2 that can d up a little. Who could that be? I'd love to see some names.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
aggie805

Terry is going to be 29 in September. That's not old but you're looking at another Steve Nash scenario. He's not better than Nash.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #9
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie805
Terry is going to be 29 in September. That's not old but you're looking at another Steve Nash scenario. He's not better than Nash.
Good point, but Terry is beyond clutch. We cannot afford to lose him. JHo or Marquis can NEVER make a shot like the one Terry made over Duncan, possibly the most important of the series.

And he's got 3-4 yrs big years left in him. And he wants to stay. And he is hungry to win. You can see the gleam in his eyes.

It's a no-brainer: re-sign Terry.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #10
aggie805

Yeah, I like Terry too. But I don't want him walking and us get nothing in return.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #11
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Terry shouldn't walk for the simple reason Devin isn't ready,we can always trade Jet after a couple of years...
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #12
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I dont think we should let Terry go... would definitely have him rather than Cassel considering the age. Plus i dont think the raps wouldnt give up the #1 for Terry and Quis even if they do need a pg...
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #13
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Sounds crazy but I'd like to get rid of Stack and move JET to the 6th man role. Love to move Quis to Boston somehow to get Pierce, but he'd probably need to be packaged with JET?