Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #121
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Philly gives a shit. Niether do I.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 AM   #122
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Also. If they really wanted something they would moved him this summer. Philly is a team hamstrung by a selfish player that has them by the balls. I'm grateful that Dirk is a better person than AI otherwise he could hang us over the coals like AI has done to Philly for years. Philly has known for several years that AI is a dieing prospect. And every year they have known he's a loose cannon, and his contract is nowhere near what they can get for him. He was overpaid to begin with and now Philly is trying to get whatever they can get out of him.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #123
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Stackhouse: Iverson can still be the Answer
LINK
Someone to get a great player, Mavs guard says of ex-teammate

10:39 PM CST on Thursday, December 14, 2006
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

The Allen Iverson sideshow comes to town tonight, and Jerry Stackhouse has some inside information for everybody.

The Mavericks guard touched base with Iverson on Thursday morning, just to see how his former teammate in Philadelphia was doing. Iverson is away from the 76ers as they try to accommodate his trade request.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
"He's in good spirits," Stackhouse said of Iverson. "He's just ready for a change. It's just one of those things that it may be a year too late. It should have happened a couple years ago. But he's welcoming it.

"And no matter where he goes, somebody's going to get a special player with a lot of game."

Iverson has been out of action for much of the Sixers' nine-game losing streak that they haul into American Airlines Center tonight. The trade rumors have been nonstop. None of them involve the Mavericks as owner Mark Cuban has steadfastly said nothing has changed regarding the Mavericks possibly trading for the 6-0 guard.

The Mavericks remain uninterested, believing coach Avery Johnson's devotion to quality practice time would run counter to Iverson's method of operation.

But Stackhouse remains a huge Iverson backer. And anybody who is wary of Iverson's mileage shouldn't be, he said. "I don't know how you can put a time frame on it," Stackhouse said. "Just let the wheels roll until they roll off. Just let nature take its course.

"There's a lot of guys who have unbelievable talent but don't have the heart or the competitive drive to really get it done in this league. And he possesses a lot of all that."

Johnson said situations like Iverson's are things that have to be dealt with internally. And while it's never fun to go through them, sometimes they are inevitable.

"You have a situation where you seem to have some irreconcilable differences," Johnson said. "So you have to figure out what's best for the organization. I know he's trying to get in a good situation."

Stackhouse, meanwhile, expects to come back Saturday at New Orleans from a tweaked groin muscle. He went through all of practice Thursday, but the game plan is to avoid back-to-back games for now, which means he'll sit tonight.

His return won't come soon enough for the Mavericks, who are 3-3 since their 12-game winning streak.

If you don't think Stack has Avery's ear you're a fool. I think all this talk is textbook "Nellie" smokescreen....

Croshere, AJ2 + JET = Iverson

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 12-15-2006 at 01:41 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:24 AM   #124
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you tease me birdsancuary.....why?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:38 AM   #125
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Because it makes way too much sense...

and that I know the Brain trust is smarter than me...

if we can see it than they must too...

I'm afraid that JET may be involved in this deal...

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 12-15-2006 at 01:39 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:06 AM   #126
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

That would explain the waiting, i hope its Harris, but if its Jet thn so be it.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:48 AM   #127
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i dont think croshere, aj2, and terry gets the job done. you probably have to take back one of their bad contracts, and the only ones that could be construed as bad are dalembert's and webbers.

if thats the case, i dont think cuban is going to eat webber's contract, but he may take on dalembert.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:02 AM   #128
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

THERE IS NO MILK LEFT IN THIS COW
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #129
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

Eh, I'm beginning to think it won't happen.

Crosh, AJ2, and Jet?

They can get better.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:36 AM   #130
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
But it is still fun to pull on the teat.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #131
syrian fan

syrian fan will become famous soon enough

i has just watched San antonio vs NOK's game recorded -their big three really played well
especially manu i wonder if any one watched it but it made me want AI more than before
he gives us alot of points avec steals hustle assists to face this healthy spurs team
syrian fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #132
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
If you don't think Stack has Avery's ear you're a fool. I think all this talk is textbook "Nellie" smokescreen....

Croshere, AJ2 + JET = Iverson
I really wish you were right, but I am sceptical. Philly wants Devin.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:08 AM   #133
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Why hasnt a trade happen allready, which other teams have to wait for Dec. 15?
Maybe right before tipoff AI enters the arena in a Mavs jersey and Stack, Cro and ? get a sixers jersey.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #134
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I agree

NO MORE IVERSON TALK. stop talking about it, it was never going to happen.

grrr!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #135
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
Why hasnt a trade happen allready, which other teams have to wait for Dec. 15?
This is the thought that keeps me thinking is isn't over until it's over although I doubt at this point the Mavs are even talking to Philly.

Quote:
Maybe right before tipoff AI enters the arena in a Mavs jersey and Stack, Cro and ? get a sixers jersey.
That would be so awesome.....and really awkward.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #136
Drbio
Banned

I think Flaco is going to stroke out if AI isn't traded soon.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #137
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Also. If they really wanted something they would moved him this summer. Philly is a team hamstrung by a selfish player that has them by the balls. I'm grateful that Dirk is a better person than AI otherwise he could hang us over the coals like AI has done to Philly for years.
Please... Hamstrung by a selfish player? Give me a break. That dude has pushed himself to the limit night in-night out for that team for his entire career. He's given the Sixers everything's he's had; the best years of his NBA career, and some of the most statistically dominant performances in NBA history. That team is hamstrung by management with their heads so far up their collective asses that they've wasted the greater part of Allen Iverson's career by not surrounding him with a decent f*cking team. The best they could do over the years is surround him with washed-up, inefficient scorers. I mean, this guy's a 5-10 ball-dominating guard, and they surround him with guys like Glenn Robinson, Keith Van Horn, Jerry Stackhouse, Toni Kukoc, and a post-microfacture Chris Webber. BTW, when Philly traded for Webber's monstrocity of a contract, that should've put to rest right then and there any notion that AI was the one causing any kind of problems in Philadelphia. Kyle Korver, Andre Iguadala, one-legged Chris Webber, and Samuel Dalembert... Yeah, there's a lineup that had potential.

Quote:
Philly has known for several years that AI is a dieing prospect. And every year they have known he's a loose cannon, and his contract is nowhere near what they can get for him. He was overpaid to begin with and now Philly is trying to get whatever they can get out of him.
Oh really? If Philly has known "for years" as you say that AI is a "dying prospect" then why the hell didn't they trade his ass years ago? Better yet, why didn't they trade him this past summer instead of waiting until mid-season? Loose cannon? All he's done is given that team a reason for people to watch their games, an MVP season, a finals appearence, and a career that will be remembered for ages. Loose cannon my ass.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-15-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #138
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I'm cool.

he's going to the Nuggets....trust me. It's all over and done with
Old 12-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #139
Drbio
Banned

You know for years I have had contacts within the Nuggets and would hear about rumored trades...several before they happened....but I am getting nada right now from that way.

I wouldn't mind AI going there if he can't come here, but I think it puts Nene in play and I have always liked him. Plus, I doubt the Sixers would take his contract back without a third team. Who knows though?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #140
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well I wish he'd stay out of the West completely...I'm rooting for Boston to come up with something for him, but I don't think he'd go there anyway....

Minnesota seems to be trying hard too....we really don't want to see him there.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #141
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Please... Hamstrung by a selfish player? Give me a break. That dude has pushed himself to the limit night in-night out for that team for his entire career. He's given the Sixers everything's he's had; the best years of his NBA career, and some of the most statistically dominant performances in NBA history. That team is hamstrung by management with their heads so far up their collective asses that they've wasted the greater part of Allen Iverson's career by not surrounding him with a decent f*cking team. The best they could do over the years is surround him with washed-up, inefficient scorers. I mean, this guy's a 5-10 ball-dominating guard, and they surround him with guys like Glenn Robinson, Keith Van Horn, Jerry Stackhouse, Toni Kukoc, and a post-microfacture Chris Webber. BTW, when Philly traded for Webber's monstrocity of a contract, that should've put to rest right then and there any notion that AI was the one causing any kind of problems in Philadelphia. Kyle Korver, Andre Iguadala, one-legged Chris Webber, and Samuel Dalembert... Yeah, there's a lineup that had potential.

Oh really? If Philly has known "for years" as you say that AI is a "dying prospect" then why the hell didn't they trade his ass years ago? Better yet, why didn't they trade him this past summer instead of waiting until mid-season? Loose cannon? All he's done is given that team a reason for people to watch their games, an MVP season, a finals appearence, and a career that will be remembered for ages. Loose cannon my ass.
Buy
Old 12-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #142
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

From the Denver Post:

Denver trying to seal a deal for A.I.
Source: Nuggets "in driver's seat"
By Mark Kiszla and Marc J. Spears
Denver Post Staff Writers
Article Last Updated:12/15/2006 01:23:31 AM MST

As the front-runner to acquire Allen Iverson from the Philadelphia 76ers, the Nuggets are pushing hard to complete a trade for the 31-year-old point guard as early as today.
According to league sources, the Nuggets are leading the race for Iverson by working aggressively to meet the demands of Philadelphia, which seeks the salary-cap flexibility provided by expiring contracts of veteran players and the draft picks required to rebuild its roster.
With two first-round picks in the 2007 draft, the Nuggets have positioned themselves in "the driver's seat" and are "leading the pack" against league rivals also looking to acquire Iverson, according to a source familiar with negotiations.
It's a complicated trade, however, that would involve at least five players, three teams and two draft choices, plus the approval of Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke and Sixers chairman Ed Snider.
From all indications, Philadelphia is more concerned with financial freedom than the raw ability of the players it receives in return for Iverson and his $17.1 million salary.
Key to completing the deal is Denver's ability to persuade a third team to get involved in the trade, with the Nuggets working on at least two fronts Thursday, holding discussions with Dallas and Portland.
For Philadelphia's purposes, the most desirable trade bait on Denver's roster is Joe Smith, not for his 5.6 scoring average, but because the veteran big man is earning $6.8 million in the final year of his contract.
With the exception of Smith and two draft picks, however, Denver's end of the deal remains fluid, and could include forward Eduardo Najera, according to an NBA source.
To satisfy the 76ers' desire for as many expiring contracts as possible, league sources said Denver has held trade talks with Dallas regarding forward Austin Croshere ($7.3 million salary) and Portland for Jamaal Magloire ($8.4 million), both role players in the final year of what would be considered bad contracts except in this situation.
Frustrated by earlier attempts to pry Magloire from Portland by offering Nene, the Nuggets have heard from other less-than-benevolent potential trade partners, including Chicago. The Bulls, however, had their sights set on center Marcus Camby, whom Denver has no interest in moving.
The hefty financial weight of Nene's new, long-term contract has diminished chances he will be included in the trade.
With the seventh-best record in the Western Conference this season and not so much as a single playoff series won since 1994, Denver is willing to take a chance on Iverson's history of off-court drama to obtain his 28.1 career scoring average and a fierce competitiveness that makes the skinny guard the most intimidating player on the court.
"He's unstoppable," Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony said of Iverson, currently the top vote-getter among Eastern Conference guards in balloting for the NBA All-Star Game. "That pretty much explains what he can do on the court."
Although guard J.R. Smith's name has been floated in discussions, the Nuggets hope to retain him, sources indicated, because this deal will depend more on the fine print of contracts than talent. Other reported suitors for Iverson include the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota, Boston and Miami. Although Philadelphia has indicated interest in getting a deal done quickly, if the Sixers decide to wait, the list of competitors against Denver could grow. That's why the Nuggets are in a hurry to end the competition.

Sorry, there is a new thread again!?!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 12-15-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #143
Drbio
Banned

How would we move Cro? And what would we get back?
Old 12-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #144
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How would we move Cro? And what would we get back?
Checkout KG's post on the subject. Someone moved it to the Trade section.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #145
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody else listen to Goob-an on the Ticket? Said that if it was a case where Philly released him and he was a free agent, the Mavs would be interested. Then went on to talk about the failed Antwin experiment and how Iverson would need the ball too much.

I guess he was trying to say that they would be interested in experimenting if they could just cut the guy loose without much of a loss when the experiment failed. Sure sounded like he was talking out of both sides of his mouth, though.

Or, as has been his modus operandi the last few years, he continues to try to hide the fact that he's no longer willing to pay a salary premium in order to give the team a better shot to win.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #146
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

and yet he gives dirk the big extension, even when dirk was possibly unsure if he wanted it. hmm, i guess that was just fan pressure huh?

spending money does not equal wins, theres all kinds of examples. if we fall short this year, and cro and stack's money does not bring in a big-time player, THEN maybe i'll buy the "mark cuban is trying to save money/isnt interested in winning anymore crap"

the guy i see jumping up and down and fistpumping at every mavs game sure seems to care about winning...
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #147
Drbio
Banned

Ignore chum's schtick. He hates all things Mav and Cuban.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #148
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That was AWFULLY clever how he did the play on words with Cubans name. You see, he took the word "Goob" as in Goober I suppose, and replaced the "Cub" part of Mark Cuban's last name with it.... thus resulting in Goob-an.

ahHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH haa haaa haaa huuhh....

Funny.

Original.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #149
WurzburgBorn

Oh ok.
I thought the Goo part stood for Google or Gootube, Mark's favorite blog topic of late.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #150
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
With the exception of Smith and two draft picks, however, Denver's end of the deal remains fluid, and could include forward Eduardo Najera, according to an NBA source.
To satisfy the 76ers' desire for as many expiring contracts as possible, league sources said Denver has held trade talks with Dallas regarding forward Austin Croshere ($7.3 million salary) and Portland for Jamaal Magloire ($8.4 million), both role players in the final year of what would be considered bad contracts except in this situation.
That would be sweet if we could get Eddie Najera back. I always loved him when he played for the Mavs

Last edited by thurst0509; 12-15-2006 at 03:51 PM.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #151
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

*Please oh please basketball gods let Eddie come back here so I can get giggles from Murphy more often?*
Old 12-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #152
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, I'd probably do the KG Trade idea..........

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #153
WurzburgBorn

Realgm.com 11:31am

NBA Source Says Denver Deal for Iverson is Close

Last Edited: Friday, 15 Dec 2006, 8:02 AM MST
Created: Friday, 15 Dec 2006, 8:02 AM MST

Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers. NBA league sources say that the Denver Nuggets are close to a deal that would bring All-star point guard Allen Iverson from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Mile High City.

The sources say the deal could be reached as early as Friday.

Iverson demanded a trade from Philadelphia, where he has played his entire career.

A source familiar with negotiations sas it would be a complicated trade involving at least three teams and at least five players. In addition, the Nuggets would likely have to give up both of their first round draft picks in the next draft.

Philadelphia 76ers management has said every team in the NBA contacted them about acquiring Iverson.

The point-guard is the leading vote-getter at his position in the Eastern Conference in All-star balloting.

Last edited by WurzburgBorn; 12-15-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #154
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I agree

NO MORE IVERSON TALK. stop talking about it, it was never going to happen.

grrr!
I cant see a deal happening as well here for A.I. Not only that, we have our own A.I. here already in T.O. We dont need 2 people that go by just initials in Dallas. One initial guy at a time

Plus, I dont want to lose any core players from the Mavs. I look at Terry/Harris as both core players as well.

If A.I. comes here, I will stick dirt in my mouth and chew the rocks like bubble gum, then slide down a slide full of razor blades while bathed in rubbing alcohol.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #155
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Heres a thought for you all...How about just getting Daniels back from the Pacers??????

Daniels will be available for a trade this month. Daniels can fill any void at the PG,SG,SF position better than most players could.

I say, lets bring DANIELS back, like we brought Henderson back that year.....
Old 12-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #156
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm scared of a team with AI and Carmello.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #157
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
If A.I. comes here, I will stick dirt in my mouth and chew the rocks like bubble gum, then slide down a slide full of razor blades while bathed in rubbing alcohol.
Get the camera ready.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #158
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I'm cool.

he's going to the Nuggets....trust me. It's all over and done with
They will make the announcement with Denver either today or this weekend...If I was a betting man, I would be all in with my vCash on this..

How about someone start a vBookie thread with potential teams for A.I. That would be so interesting..
Old 12-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #159
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
You know for years I have had contacts within the Nuggets and would hear about rumored trades...several before they happened....but I am getting nada right now from that way.

I wouldn't mind AI going there if he can't come here, but I think it puts Nene in play and I have always liked him. Plus, I doubt the Sixers would take his contract back without a third team. Who knows though?
Remember your boy Keke is gone now :-)
Old 12-15-2006, 05:49 PM   #160
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Get the camera ready.
Now that I think about it, the Mavs may be part of an A.I., but it will not be for A.I. coming here. It will be with us getting somebody we want, while Croshere is traded to Philly because of his contract ending.. How about that for a Mavs trade with A.I.