Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Sarah Palin - not even the smear campaign can bring her down

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election20...aspx?id=315136

Looks like Palin is as tough as they come and not even the past few weeks of the Leftist Smear campaing will knock her down.

Even she is showing more class that the leftist media...she points out the Historic moment and this is the time for Obama. Yet the media wants to go on anonomous tips trying to continue to smear her.

I wonder, is the left truly afraid of Sarah Palin? If she's as bad as they say, then what are they worried about...you only fear those who are a genuine threat...Sarah Palin is that!!!

Also looks like we are seeing some grass roots efforst starting up with Reagan Conservatives...this will be an interesting few years as we see Republicans get back to the basics, regroup and hit the streets running with a groundswell of new energy and ultimately new votes!!!

2010 is all about a conservative Change!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I hear she plans on running for VP again in 2009...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

uh, it wasn't any "leftist smear campaign" ot "leftist media"...it was republicans themselves who disclosed her failures and odd behavior.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

https://secure.conservativedonations...action/?a=1872
Old 11-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
So, what's the purpose of this site other than to take people's money to "fight liberals" (and how does that money do anything other than make the guy who owns the website rich?)

EDIT: I do like the idea of using Ronald Reagan's image to rip people off (I'm sure he'd be proud...)

Last edited by Underdog; 11-10-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

I'm stuck multi-tasking...conference call from hell...

Not that anything I post ever makes sense, but I am having a real senior moment and have no clue of what/reason posting anything here...

I'm moving on to other posts and will check back with y'all in a bit...I have about 2 more hours for this conference call...no wonder, I'm freakin crazy...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Like Mavie said, its been McCain aides who have been going after Palin. Not only that, but the story broke on effing Fox News.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the next thing I want to hear abut Sarah Palin is this... when is she going to take her clothes off for money? Other than that, I'm taking a long break from the politics thing.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Underdog

...in more serious news: UFO sighting over Philly during Obama rally?

Discuss (in all seriousness... Seriously!)

Old 11-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Palin....

mostly I agree with murph about just wanting to know when the clothes are coming off, but other than that....

Does anyone think McCain would have come closer than 6% to Obamarama if he had picked someone else?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

Still on conference call...

Old 11-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
Palin....

mostly I agree with murph about just wanting to know when the clothes are coming off, but other than that....

Does anyone think McCain would have come closer than 6% to Obamarama if he had picked someone else?
Having Romney as his running mate would have entirely changed the environment in the wake of the economic turmoil...which is what doomed McCain in the end, since he actually had a lead up that point.

Whether he would have had said lead without Palin is a matter of speculation, but I think it's a very safe bet that Romney would have helped during the crisis.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Having Romney as his running mate would have entirely changed the environment in the wake of the economic turmoil...which is what doomed McCain in the end, since he actually had a lead up that point.

Whether he would have had said lead without Palin is a matter of speculation, but I think it's a very safe bet that Romney would have helped during the crisis.
Chum beat me to it. I agree. Romney would have helped a lot, but no one really knew that the proverbial economic sh$% and the proverbial fan were going to meet with such awesome force and timing for Obama when they did.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

yeah....the Palin pick was about the only thing that generated any excitement about his candidacy, so it is really uncertain whether he would have had the lead in the first place.

and I don't know how Romney changes things, unless he might have persuaded McCain to stay the heck away from the banker's boondoggle....and I think it's much more likely that Romney would have been on board with the boondoggle anyway. I don't see that Palin was such a drag on him as McCain was a drag on McCain at that point.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

ya, she's pretty scary alright. I mean, transfering to different junior colleges every 2 semesters or so just to graduate in journalism. The only way she even got to be mayor was by having the GOP fund & support her campaign in a small town election. pretty experienced too, oh, and don't forget first dude. she's foney & fake. as bright as pencil lead. Oh and they say barak is not experienced? at least he taught constitutional law and graduated as the top student from harvard law, she doesn't even know anyone who signed the constitution.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
92bDad
Platinum Member

I'm as much against Obama as anything...I was very lukewarm with McCain, but he was the Republican nominee...when he brought Palin on, that got me fired up. Then with the attacks against her, which were pretty ignorant bashing with no substance, I got more fired up.

She actually fired up the conservative base.

McCain, has his service to speak too, but for the most part, he's middle fo the road...how else do you see he and Lieberman working out so well.

This campaign was filled with Rhetoric from all sides, with very little substance...in the end, the election was what it was.

My view of Palin is that of an outsider with conservative personal values who continues to be put in leadership roles, simply because she is a natural leader.

Didn't know her before this election, after reading and hearing about her, she is a strong leader type individual who I truly believe would stand up to others, Republican or Democrat in the best interest of her constituents.

For those who supported and support Obama, any cracks on Palin is simply a double standard. Disagree with her policies - no problem, however Sarah Palin the individual is someone that I believe would make a great President and for whatever reason, the left is deathly afraid of her and her brand of politics. Yet, she is someone that young woman can look up to as a role model and an alternative to the 'Liberal' view of a Woman.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #17
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I'm as much against Obama as anything...I was very lukewarm with McCain, but he was the Republican nominee...when he brought Palin on, that got me fired up. Then with the attacks against her, which were pretty ignorant bashing with no substance, I got more fired up.

She actually fired up the conservative base.

McCain, has his service to speak too, but for the most part, he's middle fo the road...how else do you see he and Lieberman working out so well.

This campaign was filled with Rhetoric from all sides, with very little substance...in the end, the election was what it was.

My view of Palin is that of an outsider with conservative personal values who continues to be put in leadership roles, simply because she is a natural leader.

Didn't know her before this election, after reading and hearing about her, she is a strong leader type individual who I truly believe would stand up to others, Republican or Democrat in the best interest of her constituents.

For those who supported and support Obama, any cracks on Palin is simply a double standard. Disagree with her policies - no problem, however Sarah Palin the individual is someone that I believe would make a great President and for whatever reason, the left is deathly afraid of her and her brand of politics. Yet, she is someone that young woman can look up to as a role model and an alternative to the 'Liberal' view of a Woman.
Hahahahahahaha. Just go to dailykos or somewhere like that - the left is hardly afraid of Sarah Palin "and her brand of politics." The folks over there hope nothing more than to see her as the Republican nominee in 2012 - if Barack accomplishes ANYTHING, it's a total cakewalk. She antagonized over half the country during the campaign with her real America BS, and embarrassed herself with her lack of knowledge about the issues - not that all of that is her fault, of course, as she was CHOSEN. Only one other failed VP candidate has gone on to win a later election for the big P, and that's FDR. And he was the one positive from the 1920 campaign. Palin was a complete flop among non hardcore Republicans and conservatives. I don't know many people I've talked to who really liked McCain but completely ruled out voting for him because he chose Palin. My grandfather is one of them.

If you want someone the left is afraid of, go east to Louisiana.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I hear that alot about Palin - "she got the base fired up".

That's great, and it made for some riveting TV - but what else was the "base" going to do, excited or not?

I understand the core Republicans were lukewarm about McCain - but they certainly weren't lukewarm about Obama. I wonder how many moderate votes were lost for the sake of exciting a base that, at the very least, was already pretty adamant about Obama NOT being president.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-10-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
If you want someone the left is afraid of, go east to Louisiana
Yes, the Republicans would be smart to re-focus there energies on someone like Jindal.

Palin's going to be a footnote by the time 2012 gets here.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
Underdog

Sarah Palin = John Edwards

Old 11-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

If this is the general reaction of republicans to this election... then the GOP is totally burnt toast sitting in a pile of raw sewage along the side of some road in Gary, Indiana.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #22
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Go Gary High!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #23
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Yes, the Republicans would be smart to re-focus there energies on someone like Jindal.

Palin's going to be a footnote by the time 2012 gets here.
To tell the truth, the Republicans had to do alot to gain the vote of the average American after the RNC. One question that was posed by several posters about what the Republicans can do to get the black and minority vote.

Here is the answer, plain and simple:
It all goes back to Elitest attitude. The nail in the coffin after the Palin pick was them making fun of Community Organizers during the RNC. When they did that, it brought them to the lowest point and Obama got record donations right after that. Republicans need to find SEVERAL Community organizers to help lead the Republican party in the fight to gain more voters. Simple as that. I know for me, them making fun of Community Organizers was just plain wrong. Community organizers are the lifeline to alot of Americans when nobody else will help them. IMO
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #24
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
If this is the general reaction of republicans to this election... then the GOP is totally burnt toast sitting in a pile of raw sewage along the side of some road in Gary, Indiana.
Dont 4get that some of the raw sewage is in Virginia as well.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #25
92bDad
Platinum Member

Silk, you are in my prayers my friend.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #26
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
To tell the truth, the Republicans had to do alot to gain the vote of the average American after the RNC. One question that was posed by several posters about what the Republicans can do to get the black and minority vote.

Here is the answer, plain and simple:
It all goes back to Elitest attitude. The nail in the coffin after the Palin pick was them making fun of Community Organizers during the RNC. When they did that, it brought them to the lowest point and Obama got record donations right after that. Republicans need to find SEVERAL Community organizers to help lead the Republican party in the fight to gain more voters. Simple as that. I know for me, them making fun of Community Organizers was just plain wrong. Community organizers are the lifeline to alot of Americans when nobody else will help them. IMO
And those responsibility-less community organizers are what constructed Obama's absolutely insane ground game, which is what led to the wins in Virginia, North Carolina, and Indiana.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #27
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
And those responsibility-less community organizers are what constructed Obama's absolutely insane ground game, which is what led to the wins in Virginia, North Carolina, and Indiana.
LMAO...You are so right. You cant just throw money out there and expect results from the average voter. The average voter wants to hear,see and touch you so that they feel you are there with them. This is what makes communiter organizers so special. They are right there in the trenches w/ you, listening, caring and reacting to your needs and concerns. And to that, the RNC made fun of community organizers. Go figure..
Old 11-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #28
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

"The word is that Hillary Clinton does want the job as secretary of state. And as you know, the secretary of state serves at the pleasure of the president, to which Bill said, 'Yeah, that will be a first.'" --Jay Leno

"How about that Sarah Palin? A lot of people said, what will happen to her when she goes back to being the governor of Alaska? Don't worry: book deal, $7 million. She got it through a guy named Joe the Publisher." --David Letterman
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter