Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind Pops coming back here. I hear he is free again.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #42
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

The Mavs trading again with the Nets...is this the only team we can deal with?

I read somewhere that the Nets were looking to onload Josh Boone...His contract cannot be that much different to Eddie's, and he will fill a need.

And no to Sean Williams.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #43
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I think this really sums up why the mavs made this move pretty succinctly.

http://www.theunticket.com/najera-a-...duardo-najera/

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #44
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Anybody interested in Mikki Moore? He was waived by the warriors the other day. He could make a good 3rd stringer. Or is he injured or something?
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #45
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
As an aside, I can't believe we're 39 posts into this thread, and nobody has mentioned Murphy.
I have no idea how Murphy and Dirk would work together.

And if the Pacers are so desperate to cut money the trade would probably also went down before the Gooden 10. january...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #46
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Hump's upside, but this deal is ok by me, for a couple reasons.

1, it saves the team a lot of money ($5MM in salary + tax). Cuban has generally shown he's willing to spend money to win, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him add some more salary on the heels of this move.

2, Eddie's contract isn't fully guaranteed the next few years, and it declines in value, so he's potentially a more tradeable contract than Hump would have been.

3, We get a $2.4MM trade exception in the deal...which we might just use to turn around and acquire somebody else useful from a cash-strapped team

4, Opens a roster spot, to sign Voskuhl, Moore, whoever...or work out our own 1-for-2 with another team

5, Even if nothing else happens, trading two guys who weren't playing for one guy who isn't going to play, and gaining some financial & cap flexibility as a result, is a solid move
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #47
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
Anybody interested in Mikki Moore? He was waived by the warriors the other day. He could make a good 3rd stringer. Or is he injured or something?
Out until April, no help.

And Sean Williams is a douche and incredible stupid, he wont help us here...
Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Watching the games, I've gotten frustrated a few times this season when Gooden was playing poorly because I felt like Humphries could have been given a chance to contribute. But the reality is, bench players (which both of them are) are inconsistent. And if you have to choose one of them to be your backup 5, I think Gooden is the better bet. He's got more offensive skill, and he's the better rebounder and defender of the two. Sure, he's a bonehead, but that's why he's on the bench.

None of this changes what I've said repeatedly (and I believe you agree): this team needs another center to seriously contend in the playoffs. Nobody fancy, just somebody who could give 15 mpg and who has the size to defend the rim and larger centers. I think Gooden does just fine against teams that don't have big centers (like Denver, Phoenix, San Antonio). It's the teams like the Lakers and Cavs that scare me if we don't have some more bulk.
I don't disagree with any of this. I just wish Carlisle would not treat goode like a permanent rotation player when he had other options.

And yes, I very much think that a real backup center is essential going forward. As mentioned already, even voskul would help a little.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This move actually makes me very disapointed. Its all about the money, and its an ominous sign for the future. Sure its not a fullscale liquidation, but its definitely a bad sign that this team isnt looking to bloat up for more talent.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #50
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be pleased if we signed Jake Voskuhl.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #51
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Per Art Garcia's Twitter, there's more to the deal. We get a Trade Exception that could actually come in useful:

#DallasMavs also get $2.3 mil trade exception w/ $5 mil savings & roster spot in NJ deal.

And it looks like we might make use of that extra roster spot:

Possible 10-day contracts options for #DallasMavs at PG: Dontell Jefferson (Utah) & Will Conroy (Rio Grande) from #NBADLeague.

I'm kind of hoping we pick someone up from the NBDL just because this moment was so badass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fpMGk7MlLM
Old 01-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #52
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

We need size, enough guards.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #53
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Im quite disappointed, Im sure that if Hump was given minutes he would have been productive...
Old 01-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #54
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

they'll probably sign marbury, lol
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #55
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I have no idea how Murphy and Dirk would work together.

And if the Pacers are so desperate to cut money the trade would probably also went down before the Gooden 10. january...
I think he's not talking about the player ... he's talking about the nun (a member here) and his most beloved player ever

If you would have been around a few years ago you would know what I'm talking about
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #56
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
This move actually makes me very disapointed. Its all about the money, and its an ominous sign for the future. Sure its not a fullscale liquidation, but its definitely a bad sign that this team isnt looking to bloat up for more talent.
This same kind of doom-and-gloom comes out every time the Mavs make a move that doesn't increase payroll. I'm more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt to an owner who opens his wallet to bring in starting talent (Marion) but looks to save $5 MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS by swapping 12th men with another team.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #57
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
This same kind of doom-and-gloom comes out every time the Mavs make a move that doesn't increase payroll. I'm more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt to an owner who opens his wallet to bring in starting talent (Marion) but looks to save $5 MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS by swapping 12th men with another team.
I get your point but the problem is that Kris Humphries was actually a good player. Some around these parts even think Gooden's minutes should have been going to Humphries. Its one thing to trade someone who's trash and its another thing to trade someone who can be productive on the court. Also, I think Hump brought attitude and toughness to this team. It sucks for me to see him go, especially to that sh*tty Nets team.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #58
sefant77
Guru

Players able to play the 4 behind Dirk with decent defense and a lot of hustle:

Marion, TT, Singleton, Najera.

Im fine with that move, it opens some other options.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #59
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

so we got another seat warmer?
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disappointed. I liked Humph... I can see that guy being a consistent end of the rotation type guy in the future.

But, I suppose we'll have to see what else happens.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #61
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Hopefully this is just the calm before the storm. We have pieces to bring in a rotation type player.

We're a good team as is, but we need that last piece in order to contend for a title.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs have the bacon cooking up in the frying pan.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cash is a commodity just like everything else. I liked humphries but the roster spot and cash given to williams needed to be gone. So they freed up that spot, saved the 5 mill and gave up a guy who although I liked, wasn't a difference maker in any sense of the words.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #64
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

so when is the press conference?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

At least this lowers the odds of Shawne turning Howard into a coke addict.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #66
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I personally feel this deal sucks. The Mavs trade away a **useful** backup big to save money.

And watching the game last night it was painfully obvious they needed a big in there to help Dirk and Damp.

(And the Mavs better get a 15th guy. And he really needs to be a big.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #67
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I personally feel this deal sucks. The Mavs trade away a **useful** backup big to save money.

And watching the game last night it was painfully obvious they needed a big in there to help Dirk and Damp.

(And the Mavs better get a 15th guy. And he really needs to be a big.)
Well yeah, but he was sitting on the bench (gooden). And I still think Najera will give about as much as Humphries will. Again I liked the energy humphries brought but he wasn't going to make much of a diff on this team. Nor will singleton or carroll.

You sound like humphries was actually doing enough to make him untradeable. ?????
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #68
Rick41
Diamond Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fy-3SVwPzk

That was as recent.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #69
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You sound like humphries was actually doing enough to make him untradeable. ?????
He was tradeable. But the Mavs traded him away not for a baody but for money. And while that helps Cuban's pocketbook it hurts the Mavs on the court.

The Mavs have 5 guys on the roster above 6'9"

Tim Thomas
Erick Dampier
Dirk Nowitzki
Drew Gooden

And out of that group, there is one star and one center. What happens if one gets hurt? One gets in foul trouble? Then you have to play smallball. That is why Humphries is needed if you don't get another body in his place. He is "insurance" for those reasons. And depending on the matchup he may be better suited to play against some teams anyway.

Let's face it, Gooden, and Thomas are widely inconsistent. Therefore having another big body "just in case" is a must.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #70
Bayliss

I haven't watched the Nets play at all this year. So if Najera can still play in limited minutes than he is nice insurance. But I didn't think he could still play. All we need is a guy who might play 10-15 minutes a night in emergency situations.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #71
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Humphries was not an effective center anyway. He was a backup PF, and we had plenty of those. It's not a big loss.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #72
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Najera sucks balls on the court. He is pretty much useless.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #73
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah I should of clarified, it's not a big loss or a big gain. It doesn't keep us from winning the championship or does it keep us from making the playoffs. It's just kinda...feh.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #74
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully the savings free up some cash for a future trade. or we get someone useful with the trade exception, though that seems unlikely as it's only 2.3 million. doesn't hurt to save now so we can potentially spend later.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #75
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

It's no fun being on this side of a salary dump. But I can't blame Cubes if Carlisle is intent on keeping Hump tied to the bench. Eddie can now become a modern day Bill Wennington and wave his towel to the delight of Mavs fans old enough to remember his high energy days.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #76
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

The key for this team is to have everyone over 30. lol
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #77
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I think this was mostly done to create roster flexibility. Shawne Williams has occupied a spot on the roster for too long. When the appropriate 2 for 1 came up, Cuban jumped. I can't really seeing this a monetary thing, I mean 10 million versus 12 million is chump change. This is more done to create a space on the roster for possible trades or an addition to fill a need. Other than the spelling there is no difference between Sean and Shawne Williams. Tremoundously gifted players with way too much off court baggage. I'd think since Sean did ball with JKidd for a year, Cuban and Nelson should get some inside info from Kidd before taking a flyer or passing on the kid. He maybe a disruptive force off the court like Shawne was, management may not want to gamble on it again.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #78
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

did any of you people actually read the article about this?

this was a money saving deal for both teams. jeez
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #79
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

The deal is now official and has been approved.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmaveri...medium=twitter

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #80
SMC0007
Guru

Might be a crackheeeaad, dat got hold to da wrong stuff!