Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #81
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget I took Brady as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Hahaha... You are obviously the other big Megatron lover on this board, and you did steal him from me on at least one of our drafts ...

Megatron must be stopped! No matter the cost...
Old 09-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #82
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I would go Nike's route. I'd try to find an owner who desperately needs a QB and has a stud RB or a good RB to spare and won't gut his team. I'm not sure you'll find the team that fits that exact criteria, but it's worth doing the move. You'll always be second guessing yourself each week. It's wasted points on the bench, you can easily move that to fill a need and it won't hurt your roster at all...it's helping it. You just have to find the right deal.
That's true... both your, Nikeball's, and CD's advice are all almost certainly right on the money here, as thinking about hoarding QB's in a 10-man league is probably an unrealistic and overly complex strategy to contemplate. In a ten man league it's hard for any team to not have at least a semi-decent QB as starter, although looking at the lay of the land, a lot of the managers in this league have some ugly, ugly, bad combos at QB... But still, trading the hotter ultra-elite QB hand early, and driving hard to sell that hot hand at a damned high price with a struggling team is probably the way to go here. Best not to waste points on the bench, and all that...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-04-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #83
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's true... both your, Nikeball's, and CD's advice are all almost certainly right on the money here, as thinking about hoarding QB's in a 10-man league is probably an unrealistic and overly complex strategy to contemplate. In a ten man league it's hard for any team to not have at least a semi-decent QB as starter, although looking at the lay of the land, a lot of the managers in this league have some ugly, ugly, bad combos at QB... But still, trading the hotter ultra-elite QB hand early, and driving hard to sell that hot hand at a damned high price with a struggling team is probably the way to go here. Best not to waste points on the bench, and all that...
Yeah, you gotta find a team that has the RB with a nice fill-in/#2 back, but stinky QB and is losing games in a hurry. That's your prime target right there. I would say it has to be done within the first 3-5 weeks of the season...I would think. I don't know, that seemed like a nice range. I just can't stand not doing a deal if it's there, lol. That's me.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 09-04-2008 at 12:11 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:11 AM   #84
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hell, you didn't draft them to play them all. Carry your strategy out. You drafted BPA, and you will be damned if it doesn't ultimately enrich the coffers of your good and righteous team.

When you have the upper hand, you command a king's ransom to sell it off.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #85
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Hell, you didn't draft them to play them all. Carry your strategy out. You drafted BPA, and you will be damned if it doesn't ultimately enrich the coffers of your good and righteous team.

I agree with that, but there has to be a certain cut-off point. What if there is the off-shoot chance he loses a game or comes close to losing and the bench QB had higher points? You just don't like that 2nd guessing coming into play. You can hold off on doing it for a few weeks to let things play out and let the buyers become more visible, but you can't wait too long.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #86
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg

That's darned well true... But I will have to wait a couple of weeks to make it happen, because most of the goofs who drafted in this league don't look like they understand the scoring rules well enough to realize that even in a shallow ten man league, a Romo or a Brady is worth a damned well helluva lot more than a Clinton Portis or a Frank Gore...

With this scoring format, and with only ten teams in the league, it's going to be the squad that is starting Hasselback, Garrard, or maybe even Palmer that hits the ugly reality-check wall by statistically tanking a big portion of the first few week's matchups, and that's the team to target...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-04-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #87
BGMaverick9
Guru

I would say the Garrard owner should be looking to find you pretty quickly.

who are the RBs for those teams?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #88
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

-Edit-

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-04-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #89
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
8man league, lot of positions to fill:
QB: Drew Brees
QB: Derek Anderson
WR: Braylon Edwards
WR: Andre Johnson
WR:Roy Williams
RB: LT
RB:Michael Turner
TE: T-Gonz
W/R: Reggie Bush (w/ Mendenhall and matt Forte on the bench)
W/T: Nate Burleson (W/ steve smith on the bench, the panthers one.)
well my team owned this week... i'm standing at 178 points for now..

oh and I have chi defense, with a safety and a fumble td. best opening week for me ever lol...but players never keep the same level of play throughout the year do they?

Last edited by Ninkobei; 09-07-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell do I do with Randy Moss now???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #91
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
What the hell do I do with Randy Moss now???

moss will still be okay.. the backup did pretty well didnt he? dont expect 20 tds from him but 11 or 12 and 1200 yards is still pretty good.