Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Needing to vent!!! Phone company customer service...argh!!!

Okay, I'm about ready to blow my top, and saddly I have respect and restraint as the individual that will come on the other side of my phone is only the bottom of the todem pole and really have nothing to do with my displeasure of these phone companies lousy customer support.

Here's the situation:

I pay xxx.xx amount of dollars for Phone, Internet, TV services.

Currently, my TV service is not what I had ordered and it has never been provided as was orginally ordered...however I have been billed for it since the start.

Secon, my internet service is not working as it has previously...I believe the problem is with the Wireless Router box provided by the phone company...I am having to reboot that box 3-4 times a day in order to maintain a connection with my PC's

Now, I have tried to contact Verizon via the internet or e-mail...being as I don't want to waist a day or more explaining to different people on the phone what the problems or what I have done to troubleshoot on my end. I would rather write it out, let them read and pass it along to the appropriate tech support person and have that person contact me via phone or e-mail where we can both focus on the issue with undivided attention.

Unfortunately, the e-mail replies from Verizon take you to a list of Q&A troubleshooting tips, that not a single one is useful to my situation.

Additional replies, request that I resubmit the problem via e-mail only to get the same e-mail response, over and over again.

Now I finally get to the end of my rope and I pick up the phone and call in...

after 22 minutes on the phone with someone in accounting, who will credit me one month for the TV service that I have NOT ever received...then she transferrs me to Tech Support...once connected...we lost our phone connection...

So now I call back in yet again and I have been on hold now for another 20 minutes...without even talking to a live person...

It sure would be nice if I could take 30 seconds, type up an e-mail, send it in and they could take their own sweet time internally to filter through it and get it to the correct person who can provide me with service to get me up and running.

Instead, I have to waste my time wating on hold...I wonder, can I send Verizon and invoice for my time...after all, I get paid by the hour for what I do and it is taking me away from work?

I would love to scream and be unreasonable...but again...for some reason I feel sorry for whoever answers these calls...they are regular folks like you and I and I know that some of the calls they have to put up with are pretty insane...I just can't get myself to be one of those loud squeeky wheels...but lord knows I want to!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Next time - try using lubrication!

(it hurts less that way...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

haha
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

wait, wasn't there a rant thread?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter