Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
He will go wherever you, personally don't want him to go. Book it.

He will also go wherever I, personally don't want him to go. And where Dirka doesn't want him. It will be worst case scenario. Bookit.
He's not a free agent.

Even if he opts-out, there are very few teams that can afford him.

All the pessimism in the world doesn't change that.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #82
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
He's not a free agent.

Even if he opts-out, there are very few teams that can afford him.

All the pessimism in the world doesn't change that.
somehow they will work out a Dirk for Lamar Odom trade. I just know it.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #83
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

If people are implying that Dirk will go to the Lakers..thats not going to happen.

They dont need Dirk. They have a couple of the most versatile big men in the game in Gasol and Odom and a young C thats up and down in Bynum.

Plus Gasol is a bettr fit for that Lakers team than Dirk
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #84
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

One nice move with the Dust chip that I just thought of:

Dampier for Gilbert Arenas!!!!!! He would be our starting 2 guard, Wizards really want to get rid of him now that they have JOhn Wall, and he can REALLY PLAY

Wood/Damp or other fill in
Dirk/Marion
Marion/Tough Juice
Agent Zero/Rodrique Beaubois/Jet/Tough
Kidd/Rodrique Beaubois/JJB

Arenas averaged over 22 and 7 assists last year!!!!!

We would have Dirk, Roddy, Tough Juice, Agent 0, and maybe still JEt that could still erupt for 20+ on any given night
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #85
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

What a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #86
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Another trade that's not Dust, but would improve our team talent wise and age wise:

Butler for Iguodola

Iggy's a 2, his PER is much higher than Butler's last year and he just turned 26. Philly wants to get rid of him now that they are getting Turner (which will put them over the cap) and Iggy is locked in for 4 more years at 12 mill per!!!!!! If Cuban will pay it, it's a big improvement for the mavs
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #87
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Arenas wouldn't be too bad, he can spell Kidd in stretches, on and off the floor. He can create and finish, any word on his defense? Hopefully this latest incident scared him straight. But I have my doubts.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #88
Jerry Stackhouse

Jerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to all

Arenas is not a serious player.
Jerry Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #89
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stackhouse View Post
Not a proven one, but between Dirk and Kidd this is the first time he will be playing with HOFers. Now they aren't the in your face types, but who knows if Arenas would turn a new leaf....chances are........slim.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stackhouse View Post
Agreed, I'd rather come back with the same exact team next season than end up with Arenas.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-19-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #91
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Agreed, I'd rather come back with the same exact team next season than end up with Arenas.
Me, too. Three knee surgeries over a 17 month span, one leg atrophying into a weak chicken leg due to not taking rehab seriously, blaming the team for believing him when he promised that he was healthy only to re-injure himself, and that little loaded-gun-in-the-lockerroom thing somehow keep me from liking the possibility of acquiring him.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #92
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Me, too. Three knee surgeries over a 17 month span, one leg atrophying into a weak chicken leg due to not taking rehab seriously, blaming the team for believing him when he promised that he was healthy only to re-injure himself, and that little loaded-gun-in-the-lockerroom thing somehow keep me from liking the possibility of acquiring him.
Haha, those knee injuries, has me convinced, stay away.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #93
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Arenas is a joke. Is he also the one who took a dump in a teammate's shoe? With the knee issues and his alarming lack of common sense, he'd be the last guy I'd want on the Mavs. DUST would be absolutely wasted on him.
Have you taken a look at his unjustified contract? Cuban would be in financial hell for eternity.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #94
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

man... the people bringing up Arenas for Damp's contract.... I wonder if anyone actually pays attention to the NBA anymore.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #95
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I expect Roddy to be a better player than Arenas next year so I'm not sure why you would trade for him.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #96
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Another trade that's not Dust, but would improve our team talent wise and age wise:

Butler for Iguodola

Iggy's a 2, his PER is much higher than Butler's last year and he just turned 26. Philly wants to get rid of him now that they are getting Turner (which will put them over the cap) and Iggy is locked in for 4 more years at 12 mill per!!!!!! If Cuban will pay it, it's a big improvement for the mavs
I don't see it happening, but I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #97
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Honestly, I expect Roddy to be a better player than Arenas next year so I'm not sure why you would trade for him.
I don't want Arenas for other reasons, but you are underselling him a bit here. As much upside as Roddy has, Arenas is a very, very, very good basketball player. It would be absolutely incredible if Roddy was even 2/3 as good as Arenas by next season.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #98
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

There is one that is a huge GAMBLE that could pay off huge - I just read:

Philly willing to send the #2 overall pick with Brand.

Dust chip for this - clears huge payroll for them.

Dallas on the other hand then has Butler, filler (maybe even Roddy), and the #2 pick to throw at Cleveland for the SNT. (If I remember correctly, picks don't actually have value until they are signed)

Still leaves Dallas with Kidd, LBJ, Dirk, and Brand (so Dallas now has an inside force).
Resign Haywood.

Kidd, Stevenson, LBJ, Dirk, Haywood
Brand, Marion, and Terry off the bench.

Resign Damp with the MLE for C depth and wow.

You could play basically any type of ball any time efficiently.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #99
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
There is one that is a huge GAMBLE that could pay off huge - I just read:

Philly willing to send the #2 overall pick with Brand.

Dust chip for this - clears huge payroll for them.

Dallas on the other hand then has Butler, filler (maybe even Roddy), and the #2 pick to throw at Cleveland for the SNT. (If I remember correctly, picks don't actually have value until they are signed)

Still leaves Dallas with Kidd, LBJ, Dirk, and Brand (so Dallas now has an inside force).
Resign Haywood.

Kidd, Stevenson, LBJ, Dirk, Haywood
Brand, Marion, and Terry off the bench.

Resign Damp with the MLE for C depth and wow.

You could play basically any type of ball any time efficiently.

source????
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #100
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
source????
The story about Brand and the #2 pick came from Realgm.
<edit>
The rest is just an IDEA from my head.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Last edited by dalmations202; 05-21-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #101
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

i like it bc we get lebron but thats about it.we have no bench...i guessing barea at backup point??
theres no way ima rely on JET or pray that brand stays healthy all year..
and thats about a 200million$ deal for cuban..im not sure he would wanna do that. creative idea but highly highly unlikely.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #102
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
i like it bc we get lebron but thats about it.we have no bench...i guessing barea at backup point??
and thats about a 200million$ deal for cuban..im not sure he would wanna do that. creative idea but highly highly unlikely.
Bench of Terry (6th man of the year), Marion (former all star), Brand (former All-star), Damp (legit 7' defensive center) --- constitutes no bench.

Add a dynamic PG (say Rose) to the group and this team gets to the playoffs in the East.

And who is rely in JET or Brand -- they are bench. I am relying on Dirk and LBJ. The rest just fill a role as needed. Jet for his outside touch (zone breaking) and Brand for his inside scoring and shot blocking ability.

$$$$ is Cubans issue, not mine.

and Yes I agree VERY HIGHLY unlikely -- but so is getting LBJ to begin with.

Eh, just another thought on the template to multiple championships.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #103
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
I would think the #2 pick in the draft should be starting alongside Kidd in the backcourt...or at least get 24-30 minutes. I think this will alleviate some of the reliance we have on Kidd-Jet. Boobs and Turner would be an awesome back court of the future, never know who's the 1 and 2. Either can play both spots. Would be a nice deal if Turner is the pick there. Plus we won't have rely on Turner so much that he's going to slam into the proverbial rookie wall, some nights he will be off, then we'll see more Jet. It's a great idea.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #104
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I don't want Arenas for other reasons, but you are underselling him a bit here. As much upside as Roddy has, Arenas is a very, very, very good basketball player. It would be absolutely incredible if Roddy was even 2/3 as good as Arenas by next season.
I don't think so to be honest. Gilbert still hasn't shown that he's fully overcome the whole knee issue and isn't near the level he was at in his prime. Going off the per 36 minutes stats they put up last year:

Roddy - 20.4 pts, 4.0 ast, 3.8 rbd, 61.7 TS%
Arenas - 22.2 pts, 7.1 ast, 4.1 rbd, 51.1 TS%

Throw in the fact that Arenas hasn't really played at a higher level than that in three or so years as well as Roddy being a young player who should only improve, and I don't see why Gilbert is really a much better option than Roddy at this point. I do realize there is some danger in extrapolating his per minute stats and assuming that he can put those up in 36 minutes a game, but is it any more dangerous than assuming that Arenas is overcome all of his injury issues and legal troubles? Plus, I know that Roddy works pretty well with Kidd. I'm not sure how well a ball-dominating guard such as Arenas will work with Kidd.

I don't like the trade for Arenas because I think it will eat into Roddy's minutes, and I'd much rather gamble on what I think Roddy can be than gamble that Arenas can come back from the mess he's gotten himself into. Maybe Arenas is fueled by his frustrations and takes it out on the league, returning to his form of four years prior, but I don't have much faith that it's going to go down like that. I do have faith that Roddy can be the second scoring option on this team if we allow him to grow into that role.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-21-2010 at 05:58 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #105
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Bosh gave his agent a wish list of teams he would want to go and the Rockets, Mavs, Spurs and Thunder were NOT included.

Per Marc Stein of ESPN.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #106
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Good. Bosh ain't on my wish list either.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #107
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd
Roddy
James
Dirk
Haywood

Our game would have such a dynamic we never had. And i prefer Roddy over Butler, lol
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #108
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Bosh is still a tool.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #109
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Bosh gave his agent a wish list of teams he would want to go and the Rockets, Mavs, Spurs and Thunder were NOT included.

Per Marc Stein of ESPN.
Interesting that he would release his top 5 already.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #110
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

and a few days later he relesed this:

Quote:
I saw that i supposedly had a " top 5" yesterday. Here's something more accurate. http://j.mp/cWS0SV
Old 05-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #111
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

it's going to be interesting because MIami has like zero trade assets. i wonder how willing Bosh is to walk and sacrifice $ if push comes to shove. Raptors should play hardball and get the best deal they can. i'll bet he expands his "list"

Last edited by mac222b; 05-24-2010 at 06:19 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #112
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
it's going to be interesting because MIami has like zero trade assets. i wonder how willing Bosh is to walk and sacrifice $ if push comes to shove. Raptors should play hardball and get the best deal they can. i'll bet he expands his "list"
Beasley, Chalmers couple of 1st rounders and cash.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #113
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Beasley, Chalmers couple of 1st rounders and cash.
I kinda want Beasley, at least to come off the bench.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #114
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
I kinda want Beasley, at least to come off the bench.
Think he's making close to the option Stevenson picked up today.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #115
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Think he's making close to the option Stevenson picked up today.
sounds like a plan. he has one of those all around games. just needs to work on his defense and personality off the court. we don't need another J-Ho if you ask me.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #116
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
sounds like a plan. he has one of those all around games. just needs to work on his defense and personality off the court. we don't need another J-Ho if you ask me.
If Bosh is choosing Miami, we can jump into the fray offer up Stevenson for Beasley. I know Colangelo owes Cuban something for coming to the rescue in the Hedo sign and trade last summer. Dump in 3 million for Toronto's troubles.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #117
KINGBEEF

Quote:
If Bosh is choosing Miami, we can jump into the fray offer up Stevenson for Beasley. I know Colangelo owes Cuban something for coming to the rescue in the Hedo sign and trade last summer. Dump in 3 million for Toronto's troubles.
almost sounds too good. I could definitely see Beasley coming off the bench for Dirk. That's a definite upgrade. Because we had Najera coming in for Dirk and that was a bit skeptic.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #118
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

if the offer is Beasley, Chalmers and a couple of picks(in the 20's) i let Bosh walk. call his bluff. give him other options(rockets, nets, bulls). or let him sacrifice $ and grab a top 3 pick next year. Beasley is damaged goods. Chalmers would be a great back-up for a playoff team. not enough there.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #119
mac222b
Diamond Member

if Beasley is still in the league in 6 or 7 yrs. i could def. see him coming off the bench ala Aguirre w/ Pistons or Terry Cummings and just being that versatile bench scorer on a really good team. knowing his role and settled down and matured. has a couple signature moves. until then he's more trouble than he's worth
Old 05-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #120
KINGBEEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
if Beasley is still in the league in 6 or 7 yrs. i could def. see him coming off the bench ala Aguirre w/ Pistons or Terry Cummings and just being that versatile bench scorer on a really good team. knowing his role and settled down and matured. has a couple signature moves. until then he's more trouble than he's worth
i'm quite sure he'll be in the league for longer than that. I really like his mid-range game plus his ability to go the hole whenever he wants. he's a great rebounder too. Hits his free throws, but the only issue is that he still hasn't found his niche let alone found his head on and off the court. But compared to anyone else that we have on our bench in my eyes Beasley would be an upgrade.

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here, gtfo beasley blowers, the fluff chip