Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #1
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Samuel Dalembert

ESPN listed the mavs as teams interested in sammy. He is a great athletic big, the prob is he is a restricted free agent with plenty of team interested.

The question is, how can we get him, and will it cause us to give up too much talent?!?!!?

A major problem is that KVH and Stack were in Philly and they gave them up, so will they be interested in them?

Another question is are they interested in Damp. I am willing to give up damp for Sammy.

But to be realistic, i think they want Daniels. He is perfect for them to play with Allen and run the point and let Allen be the SG. Just PERFECT.

We have to remember that most of the teams will offer them some young guys in return.

My trade that is Great for BOTH is:

Damp + Daniels, For, Sammy and Willie Green.

If we wave finely and give up Daniels, we loose SG. We get Willie who wants to leave Philly (he is a free agent).

What do u think people?!?!

Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Samuel Dalembert

I think it works wonderfully if PPod or Benga develop into a great defending backup Center, or the Mavs trade for Lorenzen Wright as well.

Otherwise, I think you are trading off one piece of the puzzle for a different piece, and still not getting any closer to finishing the puzzle.

Also, money isn't close.

Now make that Fin-Daniels-Damp for Webber-Green-Dalembert maybe: then Philly may or may not cut Fin, and Dallas may or may not cut CWebb.
This would get the money alot closer, and be very, very interesting if CWebb comes back to 85% or greater of his former self.

If this one did happen. Fin would go East, would Dallas automatically cut CWebb? or see how he played with Dirk?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Samuel Dalembert

Yeah, we need an athletic guy at center to complement our strong rebounder. If we trade Dampier for Dalembert, we'll need a strong guy to complement our athletic shot-blocker.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

as a philly fan, dalmations idea fin-daniels-damp

doesn't seem like too bad a deal.
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'd do the Fin-Daniels-Damp for Webber-Green-Dalembert, although I never want to see Green in a Mavs uni and Webber would definitely be cut for money, eventhough I wouldn't mind having him as a VERY solid backup for the 4/5.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do u think people?!?!
I think a lot of people overrate Dalembert because he's so athletic. He's a nice player but there's no way you trade him for essentially Damp and Daniels. He's younger then Damp and will probably be more productive at the end of his but Daniels is too high of a premium to pay.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:53 PM   #7
Lebanese_Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
I think it works wonderfully if PPod or Benga develop into a great defending backup Center, or the Mavs trade for Lorenzen Wright as well.

Otherwise, I think you are trading off one piece of the puzzle for a different piece, and still not getting any closer to finishing the puzzle.

Also, money isn't close.

Now make that Fin-Daniels-Damp for Webber-Green-Dalembert maybe: then Philly may or may not cut Fin, and Dallas may or may not cut CWebb.
This would get the money alot closer, and be very, very interesting if CWebb comes back to 85% or greater of his former self.

If this one did happen. Fin would go East, would Dallas automatically cut CWebb? or see how he played with Dirk?
The numbers DO work without Fin and Web. Dalambert will want 7 mill a year, which is similar to damp, and green will get 3 mill a year.

Another thing, dalambert is as good defensively as damp but he is more athletic. Now, KVH is a sufficient backup with little help from DJ and P-POD.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another thing, dalambert is as good defensively as damp but he is more athletic. Now, KVH is a sufficient backup with little help from DJ and P-POD.
Damp's a better rebounder...plus he's stronger and thus more adept at doing the little things like holding his man off to clear a driving or rebounding lane.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The numbers DO work without Fin and Web. Dalambert will want 7 mill a year, which is similar to damp, and green will get 3 mill a year.

I guess they can work, if they make them, because both are RFA. Damp + Marquis is about 13M --- Dalembert is coming off a 4M contract, and Green at minimum. So you are going to give them raises to ~ 13M from 5M. If you dropped 25%, you would still need at leat 10M. That is one heafty raise.

And Sammy is a different style defender than Damp. Damp is a bruiser. He is strong, and seals very well. He is one of the only people to ever give Shaq fits (which is one reason I think Philly might do this -- because they have to get through Shaq to win it all). Yes, Dalembert is a good shot-blocker, and more athletic, but couldn't stop many players from backing him down. (Wouldn't it be great to have both)

KVH is still not a center, and still doesn't need to see 20 min a game at Center, because that basically puts Dirk at Center when it is said and done.

IMO, even if the trade w/o Webber/Fin is made then one of the younger Centers will have to step up for the Mavs to have a team that can get by the fast paced Suns, and the half-court Spurs, as well as the up and comers.

If the trade were made with Fin, then I think the play of Webber(or what they would do with him) determines the outcome of their season.

If the trade went down with Fin/Webber:

Terry, Harris
Stackhouse, Green
Howard, KVH
Dirk, KVH
CWebb, Dalembert

Harris(1), Terry(1/2), Green(2), Stackhouse(2/3), Howard(3), KVH(3/4), Dirk (4), CWebb(4/5), Dalembert (5)

Wow, you would be versitile.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 07-04-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
Lebanese_Fan

They need Webb more than Fin. They already have Korver and Igudala and Allen. So Fin is going of the bench. Webber is a better fit for them.

But i want Sammy. I saw how well he played against the Wallaces. Great Great center. Maybe we give them TAW, Daniels for Dalambert and Kyle or Green. I am ready to give Dalambert 7 mill and Kyle 5 or Dalambert 7 and green 3.

This is great trade for us. We get 2 young guys with great potential. I really think highly of green. Think he can be pretty good.

It is also insane if Philly doesn't accept. They get Daniels who is perfect complement to Iverson.

Also, if they want to give up Aron Mckie contract, I don’t mind taking it and maybe send Evan Eschmeyer (injured, not in luxury).
Old 07-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #11
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

philly won't part easily with kyle, certainly not for TAW and Daniels... Iguodala is a much better player at the same position.
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:15 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
They need Webb more than Fin. They already have Korver and Igudala and Allen. So Fin is going of the bench. Webber is a better fit for them.
I suspect they cut Fin or Webber -- maybe not though. If they are going to cut someone, it might pay for them to get something for them, instead of just cutting them, and Fin is less $$ to pay in the long run than CWebb.

CWebb/Dalembert/Green seems like a win for Philly for Fin/Damp/Daniels

For Philly:
They get a center to bang with Shaq. They get a Big PG to run with AI. They have less overall payout on the contract of Fin than CWebb (if they are cutting him anyway).

For Dallas - They get an athletic young 5. They get a young SG (and clear a 2/3 issue). They have to decide whether CWebb can help the team, or if they just cut him taking many $$$$ in luxury tax off the books.

If Dallas can get 20min out of PPod or DJ, or they can get a Wright/Gadzuric/Unknown center for the MLE, or they can get 20 min out of CWebb as a 5 --- then this trade makes lots of sense for both sides, IMO.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #13
Lebanese_Fan

I will do this trade in a heartBeat.

Problem is, i don't think they will waive webb because that will make allen doubt himself winning in philly and will cause him to request a trade.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:54 AM   #14
Lebanese_Fan

And if they waive fin, we can be resign him. We can only dream of this trade to work.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Im not as big a dalembert fan as some on this board are but i think he could help and i would do the trade that involved fin and webber. I think that if you do that and webber ever gets back to 80-90 percent of his oldself you are clearly the front runner. The only problem i see is dirk kvh and webber being dirk walker and jamison all over again. But webber i would take the chance on it as in the last couple of years webber has developed a post game and mark my words dirk will be among the better post players in the league next year.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote