Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-28-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rebuild Sac -- changing Dallas philosophy

Dallas never seems to make a trade that is from the ordinary which people talk about, so I am throwing this one out from off the wall.
*** Dallas decides to keep Fin ***

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Erick Dampier
Marquis Daniels
Josh Howard

Incoming
Brad Miller
Peja Stojakovic
Change in team outlook: +4.8 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Brad Miller
Peja Stojakovic
Incoming
Erick Dampier
Marquis Daniels
Josh Howard
Change in team outlook: -4.8 ppg, +4.9 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

Why Sac might do it? $$$ and having more to build around.

Why Dal might do it? talent -- change

Terry/Harris
Stackhouse/Fin
Peja/Fin
Dirk/KVH
Miller/PPod/DJ

Good for next 3-4 years as most are in their primes. AJ would have to prove that it is system on defense. This team could play with anyone, any style though --- if they could get just a little advancement from PPod and MBenga.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Rebuild Sac -- changing Dallas philosophy

That team would be near the bottom of the league in rebounding and defense; sorta like how Sacramento is near the bottom of the league in those areas. I'll pass on that one.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rebuild Sac -- changing Dallas philosophy

Let's see--- Miller 15.6 ppg and 9.3 rpg vs Damp 9.2 and 8.5 --- advantage Miller -- at least IMO
Let's see -- Peja 20.1 ppg and 4.3 rpg vs Howard 12.6 and 6.4 --- advantage Peja -- at least IMO

I don't see the Mavs losing out much on the rebounding at all.

I have to agree that in general defense would be tested. I really think that if AJ pushed scheme in defense though, that the team would be unstoppable.

It would have its slasher in Stack, Shooters in Terry, Dirk, Fin, KVH, Peja, post presence in Miller who can also hit the 15'. It would have lots of length with Miller 7' , Dirk 7', Peja nad KVH at 6'10". It would have a little youth (Harris), and the wily vets in Fin/Stack. It would have a goto in Dirk, but a #2 in Peja that can light any team up.

Admittedly they would be closer to Phoenix than Detroit --- but it would be absolute fun to watch.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 06-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road

THIS IS THE WORST TRADE IN MAV HISTORY. Look at the teams that were in the finals. They were about DEFENSE. That is why Nash was disposable.

How can you even mention a trade like this? We all love what Avery is doing and that is how it should stay and that is the only way we can win a ring.

Mark my words; phoenix will never EVER win a championship with Steve as the starting point guard. NEVER EVER EVER.

Do you know how I measured Steve’s production this year, I’ll tell you. I subtracted the opposing point guard’s stats from his hence getting his REAL production. If you score 30 points but allow an AVARAGE point guard to score 25, that would be stupid.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's see--- Miller 15.6 ppg and 9.3 rpg vs Damp 9.2 and 8.5 --- advantage Miller -- at least IMO
Let's see -- Peja 20.1 ppg and 4.3 rpg vs Howard 12.6 and 6.4 --- advantage Peja -- at least IMO

I don't see the Mavs losing out much on the rebounding at all.
You have to adjust for minutes. John Hollinger's rebounding rate stat is minute sensitive and is based on a scale of 3-20.

Damp 17.4 - 14th in the league
Miller 16.3 - 20th in the league

That may not sound like much but keep in mind that Damp plays with Dirk who eats up defensive rebounds.

Josh Howard - 11.1 78th in the league
Peja - 6.3 - 144th in the league
Old 06-28-2005, 04:56 PM   #6
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

That trade is yucky for Dallas.

Do you really want a Peja, Dirk, Miller frontline? I sure don't.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'd pass on this. And I just can't see the Mavs and the Kings doing a huge trade like this considering how many times we've faced each other in the playoffs in recent years. You just don't do major trades with your conference rivals.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
That trade is yucky for Dallas.

Do you really want a Peja, Dirk, Miller frontline? I sure don't.
That would really be an interesting frontline, especially if you had Nash and, say, Kyle Korver in the backcourt.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #9
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Man, I almost threw up.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #10
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Josh isn't going anywhere, ever.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We would have the all-white team definitely lol

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:14 AM   #12
Lebanese_Fan

LOL
Old 06-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Boston Celtics --- three time champs with a lineup almost exactly like this one.

I agree, that Defense is the in thing right now..... But I remember when Showtime was about offense, and Celtics scored on anybody, and Dr.J's Sixers were just awesome. Sorry, but I hate the way the game is played all about defense now. I would much rather see a team put together that can play D, but can score on anyone.

If Avery were to preach scheme/team defense, which he would, then this lineup would be the best offense in the league, and middle of the pack defensively -- and that could very possibly win the title.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #14
Lebanese_Fan

Honestly, a dunk is exciting, but you always see dunks. The rarity of blocks makes them fun to watch, especially if it was one of the payers on a team I am cheering. I loved how Dikembe blocked shots then waved his finger. I enjoy it when I see Dallas lock down on defense and shock the world. How fun is that?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:49 AM   #15
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

no way a trade between dallas and sactown happens just like all the shaq to dallas talk . there`s just no way two playoff teams from the western conference trade essential parts to the other..
Old 07-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #16
Mavs4skin

Mavs4skin is on a distinguished road

NO WAY sac would ever do this! I don't care what defensive situation that would put Dallas in, that there is a championship calibur team.

Plus the Kings have already said they are going to build around Peja, Bibby, and Miller. As a Dallas fan I would do it in a heartbeat.
Mavs4skin is offline   Reply With Quote