Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default Memphis, Lets make a deal

When looking around the league at teams who could be possible trade partners, almost no team has as many attractive pieces as Memphis. There are tons of trade possibilities becasue of their players.

Jason Williams- Memphis wants to get rid of him becuase Jerry West is sick of his Attitude
Lorenzen Wringht- UNdersized Center with talent, hard working, good rebounder
Stromile Swift- Great Talent but hasnt achieved anything yet... requires a sign & trade
James Posey- Athletic Swingman who is disiplined, athletic, good shooter, and can defend
Bonzi Wells- Another bad apple who definetly has talent. Can post up other swingmen and also shoot the 3.
Brian Cardinal- Hard Worker, but I dont think he is talented enough. Memphis would like to get rid of his contract because he has at least 4 more years.
Mike Miller- Maybe off limits, but a good small foward with a great shot.

Trade #1
KVH/JET/(DJ or Pavel) for J-will/Posey/wright

Trade #2 (Mentioned in another thread)
KVH for Cardinal/Swift

Trade #3
Jet for Lorenzen

Trade #4
TAW/Stack/JET for Bonzi/Wright/J-Will

I only mention JET in so many of the trades because I think that Jerry West would love to have him while getting rid of J-will. I cant find a way to get Mike MIller, because I dont think we need him. If we did get Jason Williams, It would put a lot more responsibility on Harris and Daniels becaue they would have to play more PG because I would only trust white chocolate for about 20 minutes per game.

If anyone can think of other trades with Memphis, feel free to post them here.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Memphis, Lets make a deal

trade number 2 would probaly be the best because we get swift but i like trade 1 too cuz of j-will but i would hate to loose jet
Old 07-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
fin4life

Default RE:Memphis, Lets make a deal

Well the problem with #2 is that I dont think we have a shot at swift.

If he does decide to sign for the MLE... he will do so in Houston where he will be a starter. If he wants more money, we will have to find a way to do a sign and trade (which I dont think that West really wants to do). I dont even think that Swift is all that great. I would much rather have Lorenzen Wright.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Unorthodox trade that I think would put the Mavs over the top.
Marquis Daniels
Tariq Abdul-Wahad
Erick Dampier
Mavs next years #1
for:
Lorenzen Wright
Pau Gasol

Dirk and Pau would basically be interchangable at the PF/C with Pau being more of the inside post and 15'.
Wright would be the defender/post-up guy.

Both Pau and Wright have a little inside post game.

Harris (1), Terry (1/2), Stackhouse (2), Finley (2/3), Howard (3), KVH (3/4), Dirk (4), Gasol (4/5), Wright (5) --- DJ, PPod, MLE guy as a shooter (pref SG), some of the summer squad guys. 9 solid deep guys and developing players.

Why would Dallas do it? to get a very strong frontcourt that could score inside or out on anyone. If Avery really is a scheme/team defensive guy then they would be middle of the pack defensively because they would always have height in the game. They would be top 3 offensively easily, and be able to run, play the half court, slash, etc. They would be quicker than last year, and since no one in the Western Conference is names Shaq, they really wouldn't have to Bang that much. They would have PPod and DJ for those games though.

Why would Memphis do it? Because they wanted Damp (actually I assume it was to play beside Pau), and the #1 and Daniels was enough to peak their interest. If they are rebuilding, then this would allow them cap space, and more picks. Also Wright seems to want out. I am not sure that they would do it, but it is at least a thought. TAW would come off due to injury clause automatically. If they resigned Swift as the PF then they would be set.

Yes, I know this hurts the defense a little, but more than makes up for it in talent. It gives the Mavs a frontcourt that can defend a little, and be very offensive with Pau/Dirk. They would be the offensive equivalent in frontcourt of the Wallaces defense.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

No to anything involving Jason Williams coming to Dallas.

Don't know if Pau would help us that much because he's really a PF and that's Dirk's true position as well. And I can't see West giving him up for what was listed.

Of all the players on the Grizz, Battier is the one that I'd like most to add to Dallas.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
fin4life

Unfortunately, I think that Gasol and Battier are off limits. Battier is their best value considering he makes only about four million next year, and Gasol is their best player (and also a decent value). I cannot imagine Jerry West parting with either one of those players this summer because he likes them so much.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I agree with you, I don't see West trading Battier or Gasol unless its a fleecing in talent in his favor. I doubt that we will be able to do a very big, either in numbers or in talent, trade with Memphis since they are in our division.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #8
fin4life

I think a team like Memphis would trade with a team in their division if it helps them out.... even if it helps us out in return. When teams usually stop trading with teams in their division is when they are on an equal level with the other team, or they are big rivals. I do not consider Memphis to be a rival. That is why the Lakers, Spurs, Kings, or Rockets are not likely to trade with us. Since memphis is a franchise that is aspiring to be in that Western elite, but isnt there yet, they dont care about trading with us.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with you, I don't see West trading Battier or Gasol unless its a fleecing in talent in his favor. I doubt that we will be able to do a very big, either in numbers or in talent, trade with Memphis since they are in our division.
I hope you are wrong.... but I think you are right.

Quote:
Don't know if Pau would help us that much because he's really a PF and that's Dirk's true position as well.
I think Detroit has done pretty well the last two years with playing two PF instead of a true center. Phoenix did pretty well with Amare there this year as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Of all the players on the Grizz, Battier is the one that I'd like most to add to Dallas.

Him and Posey are the only players i want from that team.

But like i said in another trade thread, besides Dirk, Dallas can't trade to Memphis anything they don't already have.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #11
fin4life

They dont have legit starting point gaurd (Earl Watson is decent, but not that great) and they dont have a big center like Dampier. I think that they have lost their interest in Damp, but I think JET could be very appealing. Also, they want to get rid of their players with bad attitudes and replace them with good guys. They might need replacements for Bonzi and J-will... and a guy like Marquis could replace Bonzi very nicely.