Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #37
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I agree, but I think if we get Raja Bell and Wallace we instantly become contenders and we can have Dirk stay and have a serious chance at winning a title and retiring as a Mavs player. Jet is still here as well, and he is playing lights out, so we need to keep Jet as well. If we do this, we would be set, and the only thing left would be to find a way to get rid of Diop and George (I like George, but we need to get younger)
I don't think Kidd is the right PG for this team. We need someone that is an offensive threat. Kidd's set 3 is great, but we need someone that can attack some. With players like Diop, Williams, and George getting minutes, we lack firepower. We only get offense from 3 guys- Dirk, Josh, and Terry. Think back to pre-Kidd. We also had Devin and Stack providing scoring whenever we needed it.

The Spurs get away with 3 guys on offense, but they are dominant defensively. All 3 of their guys on offense also go to the basket, which our top 3 rarely do. They also have issues with draughts on offense that they struggle with even with their defense.

Our mediocre defense and 3 weapons on offense aren't enough. As I said a while ago, we need Green. We need him to develop into a starter for this team to be competitive. There is a slim chance we could get a 4th option with Stack's expiring, but that's a slim chance.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote