Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-19-2002, 10:57 AM   #41
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I guess if I had a choice, I would take Harp over Fizer but I wouldn't complain about either for somebody we will lose anyway.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:59 AM   #42
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

hehe ...
The Seelenjaeger Policy: I can save half of my posts just when everyone starts to understand that almost anytime my Opinion is exactly the opposite of our fellow NELLIE.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:13 AM   #43
Nellie
Golden Member

It's hard to judge Fizer's potential just cause the situation in Chicago is so fubar but his size definitely makes him a questionmark. Harpring is a little bigger and more proven.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:27 AM   #44
Nellie
Golden Member

I just thought that I would note that I was just at the Philidelphia Inquirer site and there is no mention of the Buckner signing at all. I also went to the Chicago Tribune site and there was no mention of a possible deal involving Fizer. It seems that the only press sources stating this are the Dallas/Ft. Worth affiliates. I know the Fizer deal is a rumour so I wouldn't neccesarily expect anything there, but no mention in the Philly paper was a bit surprising. It makes you wonder what's going on.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:28 AM   #45
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I hope it has to do with a sign-and-trade...Buck for Harpring.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:39 AM   #46
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I saw on a philly board that they wanted Najera, that's insane they would have to find another team to work that out cause neither the Bulls or philly has anything of that worth to give us.

Also they said Jamal Crawford might be included somohow.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:27 PM   #47
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

<< Harpring is a little bigger and more proven. >>

Really?

Harpring - 6'7&quot;, 231 lbs. 4 years pro. 22.3 MPG for career.

Fizer - 6'9&quot;, 262 lbs. 2 years pro. 23.9 MPG for career.

anyway, just the facts. don't know why i put the pics in there. just felt like it.

so fizer is bigger and harpring has more experience, even though fizer has been getting 1.6 more MPG in his career. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

if i had my way, i'd prefer harpring, because he seems like a harder worker. gritty, and i haven't heard anything about him complaining, which i have heard about fizer. plus, he got more rebounds per game, even from the SF spot.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:31 PM   #48
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Fizer would do, but I think Harpring is obviously a true SF and a much better fit for the team because of that.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 12:35 PM   #49
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I think if you take a look at the Mavs player personnel, Fizer could easily play the PF spot - and not even as an undersized or especially thin guy. That´s why I take Fizer over Harpring.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:40 PM   #50
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk at SF and Fizer at PF
...is a much much worse rebounding lineup than
Harpring at SF and Dirk at PF.

not to mention that Dirk matches up much better on both sides of the ball at PF.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:40 PM   #51
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Fizer's height is overstated. He's 6-7ish max. Tweenerama.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:45 PM   #52
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

what's up with Harpring wearing that AI sleeve on his arm
Old 07-19-2002, 12:48 PM   #53
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

its more like Dirk at C Fizer at PF ...

I still don´t trust Nellies &quot;go big&quot; idea ... for some reason I´m kinda convinced that Nellie won´t go too big ...

I don´t see either of the two as a Mavs starter ... so it´s more who comes in for Raef as first big Subst.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:48 PM   #54
Nellie
Golden Member

Fizer is not 6'9. If he was, there shouldn't be a question of what position he plays.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:54 PM   #55
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Also they said Jamal Crawford might be included somohow. >>

This is interesting, especialy since the KT/NVE talk has come up again.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:54 PM   #56
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

listed at 6'9&quot; on nba.com. 6'8&quot; at espn.

260 lbs. at both sites.

anyway harpring is not bigger than fizer. but i bet dollars to donuts that he's tougher.
Old 07-19-2002, 02:04 PM   #57
Nellie
Golden Member

Why can't they find a position for Fizer then? He is been described as a player that doesn't have the skills to be a SF and is too small to be a PF. If he is 6'9 260, that shouldn't be a problem. I know what the stats say but I smell smoke.

Harpring would definitely be tougher and there would be no question that he plays a SF.
Old 07-19-2002, 02:13 PM   #58
Nellie
Golden Member

<< I saw on a philly board that they wanted Najera, that's insane they would have to find another team to work that out cause neither the Bulls or philly has anything of that worth to give us.

Also they said Jamal Crawford might be included somohow.
>>

This is where things could get complicated because if Philly and Chicago are having heated talks with us about a deal, Najera's name would have to come up. Based on what we are speculating, the possibility of giving up Najera and Buck to get Fizer and Crawford in return I am strongly against. To get Harpring and Crawford back would be better but I am still not sure.
Old 07-19-2002, 02:17 PM   #59
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

Fizer is LISTED at 6-9....he was measured at closer to 6-7 like another poster said. He could be a decent addition similar to other tweener PFs....Corliss Williamson, Danny Fortson, and someone we all know Gary Trent. I would prefer Harpring....when he first came into the league he played for Chuck Daly in Orlando and was his version of Eddie Najera...he scrapped and hustled his way onto the team and then into getting PT. He had a bad ankle injury and his stock fell once Daly left Orlando. If he can and will still play with that intensity he would be a good fit in Dallas.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 02:24 PM   #60
Just211
Platinum Member

i don't get rid of najera for any off them
Old 07-19-2002, 02:25 PM   #61
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I'd be upset if we let Najera go, but if we got Harpring AND somebody else good for Buck and Najera... then basketball-wise I could live with it.

But we better keep Eddie.
Old 07-19-2002, 02:27 PM   #62
Nellie
Golden Member

Just211, what board is discussing this?
Old 07-19-2002, 02:30 PM   #63
Nellie
Golden Member

<< But we better keep Eddie. >>

Yeah, I think I agree with that too. Harpring would be nice but if we couldn't get the deal done without Eddie, I would say just let Buckner walk.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:18 PM   #64
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

we are overvaluing najera.

is he a good player? yes.
does he hustle and scrap? yes.
but will he ever be a legitimate NBA starter? no.

if you can get crawford, fizer for buck who is walking, and najera who will probably get more than hes actually worth, do it.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 03:30 PM   #65
Nellie
Golden Member

Well, Crawford would give us a decent back-up PG that would allow us to move NVE. However, this might jeopardize the NY deal cause we won't need Ward anymore which means salaries would not match up. Harpring would be at least as good as Buck if not better so that is a wash. Losing Najera would suck but could be justified in who we can get for NVE.

As much as I don't want to give up Eddie, I would have to say there is some sense to that.

(Although I still have reservations about Fizer)
Old 07-19-2002, 04:39 PM   #66
Just211
Platinum Member

It's a Fanhome board

Actually if we are going to sign Russell, I'd rather send Buck for Dalembert and a 2nd(or a throw in player) Dalembert is similar to Najera(young and hustles), but is 6'11&quot; 250. It would be nice to get a young PF for someone who is leaving anyways. Fizer is nice but do we really need another tweener.
Old 07-19-2002, 05:12 PM   #67
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I'll say it. Ya know why I don't want Harpring?

'Cause he's white.

Not that I care, but if we get Harpring, we in all likelyhood will have 4 out of 5 white starters. I could care less, but I just don't want to have to put up with the beating of commentators and other teams fans making jokes.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 05:12 PM   #68
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Hot.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 07-19-2002, 05:13 PM   #69
Dooby
Diamond Member

Sports.

Old 07-19-2002, 05:13 PM   #70
Dooby
Diamond Member

Opinion.

Old 07-19-2002, 05:18 PM   #71
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, start nash, harpring, dirk, raef, and bradley...

uh-oh. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 07:07 PM   #72
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Maybe Cube can sign Woody Harrelson off waivers.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 07:49 PM   #73
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Or Robby Benson as an experienced point guard beyond his prime to back up Steve Nash.
Old 07-19-2002, 08:47 PM   #74
threadkilla

threadkilla is on a distinguished road

Trade NVE for Brad Miller, and we wouldn't have to start Bradley. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
threadkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 05:55 AM   #75
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Better still, upgrade from Mantis to Gheorghes Muresan.