Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed the D-M League keeper selections got enough votes to make the decision final:

1 keeper - 1
2 keepers - 4
3 keepers - 6

The last vote won't change the outcome - 3 keeper selections for the win (same as it was in the first place...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-17-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #82
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Just noticed the D-M League keeper selections got enough votes to make the decision final:

1 keeper - 1
2 keepers - 4
3 keepers - 6

The last vote won't change the outcome - 3 keeper selections for the win (same as it was in the first place...)
At least it gotten taken care of haha.

Now everyone needs to make sure and send those in before Sunday and lock in that you're good to go for the draft the following Sunday.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #83
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I recently set up a 3rd FF keeper league (semi-dynasty) with an auction draft and unlimited keepers (going into the 2011-2012 season...)

Draft is Sat, Sep. 4 at 5:00 PM ET.
8/12 spots filled...

Anyone else who's interested should PM me ASAP!

Old 08-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #84
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, how on earth do they determine dollar prices for auction drafts? I feel like every time I mess around with mock drafts on ESPN, there's a different price for each player.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #85
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Btw, how on earth do they determine dollar prices for auction drafts? I feel like every time I mess around with mock drafts on ESPN, there's a different price for each player.
The price is different for 10-team and 12-team leagues because of the supply/demand principal (high school economics FTW)... And based on that rule, every player jumps up about $1 because I eliminated the kicker position... Plus, ESPN changes the values day-to-day based on player evaluation, the same way they change snake draft positions regularly...

But at the end of the day, it's an auction - a player is only worth what someone wants to pay for them... Using the $71 base price for Chris Johnson, I've seen an arrogant group of bidders go as high as $85 for him and I've seen a savvy group of bidders pay no more than $55 for him... The buck stops at the ego's limitations, but one idiot can throw the whole thing off (well, until they're left with $30 to fill out their last 10 roster spots, then fiscal sense becomes the great equalizer!)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-20-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #86
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plus, ESPN changes the values day-to-day based on player evaluation, the same way they change snake draft positions regularly...
Okay, this is exactly what I was looking for. I noticed that there was a noticeable jump in prices between the 10 and 12 team leagues. I couldn't figure out why there seemed to be variation beyond that. Do they maybe factor in the average price from previous drafts as well? I would imagine they have the power to do that as well.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #87
Underdog

Quote:
Okay, this is exactly what I was looking for. I noticed that there was a noticeable jump in prices between the 10 and 12 team leagues. I couldn't figure out why there seemed to be variation beyond that. Do they maybe factor in the average price from previous drafts as well? I would imagine they have the power to do that as well.
I think they determine value based on what Berry/Harris/Karabell come up with vs. average draft position/value in both mocks and real drafts, but I'm not 100% sure about that...

Old 08-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #88
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen some CRAZY stuff pulled off in mock auction drafts...some people are crafty for sure.

Just a reminder! Sunday is the deadline for keeper selections in the DM league. There are a few owners who still haven't submitted the entries. You STILL have time to change your selections even if you've entered them in...deadline is THE deadline.

Would anyone have any issues with pushing that draft back by one hour?
4PM CST instead of 3?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #89
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I've seen some CRAZY stuff pulled off in mock auction drafts...some people are crafty for sure.
The (Seattle) Adrian Peterson trick is the cheapest...

(nothing sucks worse than paying $65 for a guy who will only get 5 fantasy points for the season!)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-20-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #90
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
The (Seattle) Adrian Peterson trick is the cheapest...

(nothing sucks worse than paying $65 for a guy who will only get 5 fantasy points for the season!)
I've seen some ridiculously good bargains. One I remember was Favre for 7 bucks. He's not going to match last season, but come on....

Yeah, I saw that bit once or twice. The first time I was barely paying attention and heard "going once..." and saw and was like WOAH That's a dea...WAIT no it isn't haha.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #91
Underdog

Quote:
I've seen some ridiculously good bargains. One I remember was Favre for 7 bucks. He's not going to match last season, but come on....
Was that before or after he declared his return?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #92
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Was that before or after he declared his return?
Before...I would've taken a flier on it but I was finding other bargains at the time.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #93
Underdog

Wow, I'm absolutely shocked at some of the players who weren't kept in the D-M league... Did some of you forget to choose your keepers, or what?

(I'm looking at you, Jthig - how could you throw MJD back on the board???)

Old 08-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #94
BGMaverick9
Guru

I definitely think it was a case of people not being able to get come around and select their keepers.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #95
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I suck. The last few times I had looked I was kicking some things around so I didn't set them, and then I just forgot. And then when BG sent that email out today I wasn't in a position to do anything about it.

*sigh*

I'm retarded.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-22-2010 at 04:51 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #96
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I suck. The last few times I had looked I was kicking some things around so I didn't set them, and then I just forgot. And then when BG sent that email out today I wasn't in a position to do anything about it.

*sigh*

I'm retarded.
A championship win can get you back in the running for Fantasy Executive of the Year

On the bright side, There's still a decent chance you'll get 1 or 2 of the guys you were considering keeping..
Old 08-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #97
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

What's the draft order?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #98
BGMaverick9
Guru

You can look on your team page and you'll see it. I believe you're 8th, but most owners had keepers so you'll only have to deal with an owner or two in the first 3 rounds.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #99
Underdog

FINtastic didn't keep anyone either and he has the 3rd overall pick...

Old 08-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #100
Underdog

Based on the keepers selected, I believe the starting draft order will be:

Fin
Jthig
Fin
Nike
Jthig
Fin
Nike
Fluid
Jthig
BG

Then the draft continues as normal in the 4th round...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-22-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Based on the keepers selected, I believe the starting draft order will be:

Fin
Jthig
Fin
Nike
Jthig
Fin
Nike
Fluid
Jthig
BG

Then the draft continues as normal in the 4th round...
10th overall pick will have to be something good! It's the sh!ts having to be the last pick in the snake format. Usually that means you won, but I didn't...grrr.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #102
Underdog

Quote:
The last few times I had looked I was kicking some things around so I didn't set them, and then I just forgot.
Just for future reference - you can set/change your keepers as often as you want before the deadline and nobody else can see them until after the deadline...

Old 08-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #103
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Just for future reference - you can set/change your keepers as often as you want before the deadline and nobody else can see them until after the deadline...
I knew this. I just didn't bother because I hadn't decided anything. Although at no point was I contemplating not keeping MJD, so I'm not really sure why I didn't lock him in.

*sigh*

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #104
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I knew this. I just didn't bother because I hadn't decided anything. Although at no point was I contemplating not keeping MJD, so I'm not really sure why I didn't lock him in.

*sigh*
He's going to feel scorned and under-appreciated...
Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #105
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Just as a hypothetical, if we were to, for instance, have a vote on whether or not anyone who "meant" to select keepers but didn't should be allowed to keep some after the fact...I would side with letting them. Because I'm a real forgiving guy like that

(and obviously thig wanted to keep MJD...not real sure why a technicality needs to ruin anything amongst friends.)

All hypothetical, of course.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #106
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Soo... keepers count as your "pick" right?.. so someone like thig who doesn't have any keepers would get one of the first cracks at all the not-kept players. It looks like he's 2nd so unless Fin didn't take any keepers either AND wants to take MJD, it looks like thig will get him anyway.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 AM   #107
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Soo... keepers count as your "pick" right?.. so someone like thig who doesn't have any keepers would get one of the first cracks at all the not-kept players. It looks like he's 2nd so unless Fin didn't take any keepers either AND wants to take MJD, it looks like thig will get him anyway.
You're 100% right about the first part - the order of folks who get "extra" picks (since they didn't keep 3) is up in post #100... So by the 4th round, everyone should have 3 players on their roster and we'll draft as normal...

As for the second part, Fin didn't keep anyone either, so if he wants MJD, he's got him... But the top-nine players on the board after MJD are Turner, Fitz, Grant, Mendenhall, Moreno, DeSean, Mathews, Jennings and Sidney Rice, so there are still plenty of great picks left...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-23-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #108
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Just as a hypothetical, if we were to, for instance, have a vote on whether or not anyone who "meant" to select keepers but didn't should be allowed to keep some after the fact...I would side with letting them. Because I'm a real forgiving guy like that

(and obviously thig wanted to keep MJD...not real sure why a technicality needs to ruin anything amongst friends.)

All hypothetical, of course.
Nah, it's not fair because I've seen everyone's keeps now. No worries, there are good players to choose from. Not MJD-level players, but hey, that's what I get.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #109
BGMaverick9
Guru

Just don't draft Glen Coffee as your MJD replacement lol

Is everyone OK pushing the draft back an hour...no one has commented on that.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 08-23-2010 at 10:10 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #110
Underdog

Quote:
Is everyone OK pushing the draft back an hour...no one has commented on that.
Scratch that - I rescheduled my move... We can keep the draft time the same.

Thanks for asking everyone though!

Last edited by Underdog; 08-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #111
BGMaverick9
Guru

Fantasy > Moving

Just saying!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #112
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

We could even do it earlier in the day...earlier would be better for me, but the original time is fine.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #113
Underdog

Quote:
Fantasy > Moving

Just saying!
Exactly.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #114
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
We could even do it earlier in the day...earlier would be better for me, but the original time is fine.
I'm okay with earlier too. I've got a work trip that afternoon, so I'm probably boned regardless, but earlier might give me a shot at not drafting Kurt Warner as my QB.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #115
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I'm okay with earlier too. I've got a work trip that afternoon, so I'm probably boned regardless, but earlier might give me a shot at not drafting Kurt Warner as my QB.
Why wouldn't you draft Warner? He was a top-10 QB last season!

(welcome to my low-rent version of inception...)

Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #116
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, I'm torn here.

You get two keepers in Spygate Freakout (for those of you guys not in it, it is a PPR with one offensive option slot which allows a QB). I know MJD is going to be one of them, cause he's a beast, but then I have Matt Schaub and Greg Jennings. I'd been leaning towards Schaub all this time between of the dual QB, but now I'm second guessing myself. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm not keeping Schaub now. The question is, keep Jennings or just take the 2nd round draft pick.

And that's mainly why I'm typing this. This is my first year dealing with keepers, so how common is it for people to forgo their second keeper and just use their draft pick?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #117
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Wow, only check the boards every few days and look what you miss...

Should I be nice and let Thig have MJD?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #118
Underdog

Quote:
Should I be nice and let Thig have MJD?
Only if you want him to roll your ass this season...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #119
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Yeah I figure that if I do it, Mojo will drop 2500 total yards and 20+ TDs just to rub it in.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 08-23-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #120
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
This is my first year dealing with keepers, so how common is it for people to forgo their second keeper and just use their draft pick?
If you forgo your second keeper, you're left with whatever other people don't keep... Problem is, most people hang onto the quality 1st/2nd rounders, so you're left picking that guy who usually falls to the 3rd anyway... Greg Jennings looks like a top-ten WR this season - you can't go wrong there...

Plus, I'm pretty sure the guy who came in second-to-last isn't keeping anyone (his best player was Ricky Williams), so he'll have the pick of the litter...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-23-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Tags
all cadban all the time, cadban's imaginarium, psychic or pathological?, psychological!, return of the quack!, validate me!!