Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NFL Draft Thread

Kiper's top 25 (not a mock)

1. Calvin Johnson*, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: Same
He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's a hard worker and very team oriented. Based on the needs of the Raiders and Lions, Johnson might not be the No. 1 overall pick, but he won't fall out of the top five.

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same
Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan.

3. Adrian Peterson*, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: Same
The most talented running back in the draft with an excellent burst to the outside for his size. The concern with Peterson is his durability.

4. JaMarcus Russell*, QB, LSU (6-6, 260) | previous: Same
Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.

5. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225) | previous: Same
Poised, smart and at his best in pressure situations. Quinn did throw two interceptions in the Sugar Bowl after throwing just one INT in his previous eight games.

6. LaRon Landry, DB, LSU (6-1½, 205) | previous: Same
Four-year starter who has proven to be Mr. Reliable throughout his career.

7. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: Same
A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield.

8. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (5-11, 193) | previous: 9
Tough customer who also shows very good anticipation and awareness in coverage.

9. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260) | previous: 8
Flashes dominating ability with his athleticism and quickness. Adams led the Tigers with 10½ sacks and 15½ tackles for loss.

10. Jamaal Anderson*, DE, Arkansas (6-5, 270) | previous: Same
A gifted athlete who is coming off an exceptional 2006 season. Anderson is a complete player, equally solid against the run and as a pass rusher.

11. Greg Olsen*, Miami, TE (6-5, 254) | previous: Same
His performance at the combine should move Olsen up to the middle of the first round. Great hands and very athletic, Olsen reminds me of Baltimore Ravens tight end Todd Heap.

12. Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi (6-2, 235) | previous: Same
Tackling machine with great football sense. Willis lead the Rebels with 137 tackles (87 solo).

13. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska (6-6, 298) | previous: Same
You don't see many defensive ends carrying 300 pounds who can move as well as Carriker.

14. Ted Ginn Jr.*, WR, Ohio State (5-11, 175) | previous: 15
Takes a backseat to no one in the speed department, brings a big-play dimension to the wide receiver position and also the return game.

15. Levi Brown, OT, Penn St. (6-4½, 325) | previous: 17
Steady and reliable at protecting the quarterback's blind side.

16. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan (6-5½, 300) | previous: 19
He's a former tight end who has developed into a natural left tackle. Staley brings incredible footwork, athleticism and agility to the position.

17. Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn (6-3, 300) | previous: 20
A versatile athlete who started his career at defensive tackle and then shifted to tight end. Grubbs brings a great deal of athletic ability to the interior of the offensive line.

18. Jarvis Moss*, DE, Florida (6-5, 250) | previous: 14
Speed rusher who is also excellent in pursuit, using his lateral quickness to chase down running plays before they can amount to anything.

19. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue (6-2½, 261) | previous: Unranked
He became a much more effective pass rusher in 2006 for the Boilermakers. The key at the next level will be his athleticism and versatility, because I project he'll be an ideal outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

20. Marshawn Lynch*, RB, California (5-11, 224) | previous: 16
Complete big back, right on the heels of Adrian Peterson when it comes to who will be the top RB in the draft.

21. Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St. (6-1½, 235) | previous: Same
A productive and consistent player who studies and prepares as thoroughly as anybody.

22. Ryan Kalil, C, USC (6-3, 285) | previous: Same
Game improved dramatically thanks in part to facing great competition in practice.

23. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU (6-2, 217) | previous: 25
Big and productive, Bowe runs excellent routes and has the toughness to catch the ball in traffic.

24. Lawrence Timmons*, LB, Florida St. (6-2¼, 233) | previous: 18
Moves right to the top of a very subpar linebacking group, particularly from the senior class. Timmons' production and consistency from game to game are what jumps out at you.

25. Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas (6-5, 305) | previous: 24
Athletically gifted left tackle with a tremendous amount of upside.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Todd Mcshay Cowboys pick (updated 4/24)

22. Dallas (9-7)
Projected pick: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
Needs: CB, WR, S, OT, DE, PK, C, NT, ILB, OLB
• The Cowboys have done a nice job of filling their holes during free agency, which gives them some freedom early in the draft. They have interest in moving down if they get the right deal. Otherwise, they will take the best available cornerback, wide receiver, offensive tackle or edge rusher at No. 22.
• In this scenario, Bowe is the best fit. The 6-foot-2, 222-pound wideout displays the size, agility and playmaking skills to develop into a quality starter at the next level. As a rookie in 2007, Bowe could serve as an excellent No. 3 option behind aging veterans Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn.
• Signing Ken Hamlin certainly does not preclude the Cowboys from using this pick on a safety such as Nelson, Griffin or Meriweather.
The Cowboys should also consider a cornerback like Ross, an offensive tackle like Staley or a 3-4 rush-linebacker like Spencer, if available.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-24-2007 at 10:20 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder where he has Meacham. Meacham is starting to become my favorite choice at 22! (Or better yet, trade down and still get him.)

If one of Meacham and Bowe is still there, I wonder if the Raiders would be interested in moving up to get him. Assuming they take the QB first, that is.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

edit

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-24-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I wonder where he has Meacham. Meacham is starting to become my favorite choice at 22! (Or better yet, trade down and still get him.)

If one of Meacham and Bowe is still there, I wonder if the Raiders would be interested in moving up to get him. Assuming they take the QB first, that is.
Seems like every mock I see has them going WR. I've seen Bowe, Meachum and Jarrett.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

So who do yall want the Cowboys to select? (I used to keep up with the football draft more than I do now. I just can't get as up for it as the Mavs have been playing in the playoffs lately. When the Mavs were done by this time it was easy to focus on the Boys.)

Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 04-21-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing -- look for linemen, Branch, Moss, maybe even Blaylock if they can trade down a few spots.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Dwayne Bowe is my man...I likes 'em big and strong!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so little draft conversation...so sad.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Dwayne Bowe is my man...I likes 'em big and strong!
Yeah well.... never mind
Old 04-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

you have a bag.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
so little draft conversation...so sad.
I think it's because we don't have a very high pick or any glaring holes. It'll pick up this weekend.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I think it's because we don't have a very high pick or any glaring holes. It'll pick up this weekend.
where do you think they should and where do you think they will go with the first rounder?

Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
where do you think they should and where do you think they will go with the first rounder?
At the risk of sounding like cliché draft guy, I think they should (and will) with the highest rated player on their board.

We won't draft a QB, RB or TE. Everything else we could use.

Like most I'm intrigued by the WR's that will likely be on the board but then I have to ask myself: will there be a wide out that can contribute this year? I think the answer may be no. When you take into account the learning curve at that position, the 22nd pick may not be able to be able to beat out Patrick Crayton for the 3rd WR position. So if you draft one, there's a good chance you're drafting for 2008 when Glenn or Owens could be gone.

Honestly, I don't have a pet player that I'm hoping we'll go with in the 1st. I wouldn't mind taking a late flyer on Ramonce though.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

What's the odds if Peterson drops to 12-15 of Jerry trading up?

I am curious if he could pull the trigger, and if they think AP is a franchise type back.

Thoughts?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #16
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wouldn't mind taking a late flyer on Ramonce though.
I thought his 40 was crap.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At the risk of sounding like cliché draft guy, I think they should (and will) with the highest rated player on their board.

Like most I'm intrigued by the WR's that will likely be on the board but then I have to ask myself: will there be a wide out that can contribute this year? I think the answer may be no. When you take into account the learning curve at that position, the 22nd pick may not be able to be able to beat out Patrick Crayton for the 3rd WR position. So if you draft one, there's a good chance you're drafting for 2008 when Glenn or Owens could be gone.

Honestly, I don't have a pet player that I'm hoping we'll go with in the 1st. I wouldn't mind taking a late flyer on Ramonce though.
i think my perfect draft would be trading the first and getting a later first and a 3rd or something like that and then having blalock have a jonathon scott type fall(though obviously not as far). Blalock may never make that many pro bowls but he is the kind of guy who has a 15-18 year career. i think that jarrett would have the best chance of any of the receivers that could be there of making an impact this year but i could also see him being a monumental bust. robert meachem physically is basically a roy williams(the receiver) clone. So id be thrilled if we got him. i want an offensive lineman on the first day and no defensive front 7 players and ill be happy. i would definitely take a flyer on ramonce. He really is a good guy despite the problems hes had and his story still seems exceedingly fishy to me.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
I thought his 40 was crap.
he ran a 4.5 at the combine and a 4.46 at pro day. not quite what he runs when hes in game shape but its still pretty damn fast especially if you are drafting him as a rb.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #19
dirno2000
Diamond Member

He's football fast. It would be worth a 7th round flyer to see if he can be the poor mans Reggie Bush that he was in college.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep..sometimes you don't have to see a 40 time to realize that a guy is fast.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Spencer kid from Purdue.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
I like the Spencer kid from Purdue.
He's an interesting kid. The question is, how many resources can you throw at one position in the salary cap era?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

Well, it's a damn critical position. If Ellis can't come back, I worry.

I also don't think that any receiver not named Charles Johnson could make any sort of impact this year. Crayton would hold those young guys off, and that's not to mention Austin and Hurd.

I like defense, still, with the first pick. Unless it can be parlayed into Peterson.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
I also don't think that any receiver not named Charles Johnson could make any sort of impact this year.
I think Ginn could if he's still there. My gut tells me that he's Alvin Harper with return skills, but those are not ordinary return skills. He's a field turner.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

I take it he takes back punts as well? If so, I'm interested. Thompson can handle the kick returns, but we need a little more pizzazz on the punt returns, lest we use Newman all the time.

But I think it's pretty safe to say that he's not going to slide that far. The Cowboys are probably going to draft a DB or trade down. (Or trade up if Peterson slides.)
Old 04-26-2007, 12:34 AM   #26
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
But I think it's pretty safe to say that he's not going to slide that far. The Cowboys are probably going to draft a DB or trade down. (Or trade up if Peterson slides.)
He does return punts.

I'm not expecting him to be there but it wouldn't shock me. Most of the mocks that I've seen have him going at 19. He's coming off an injury so you never know.

As for trading up, Micky was speculating that Willis may be the traget if they go that route.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

Is Willis a "wow" player? I haven't heard that.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 AM   #28
dirno2000
Diamond Member

He didn't put up big sack numbers but check out this youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IqadSMQm5o

He plays sideline to sideline.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:10 AM   #29
Five-ofan
Guru

i really dont want another linebacker. the cowboys have just put too many resources into the front seven to keep doing it. if we are going to get another front 7 guy it has to be a pass rusher but im not sure where we could play him.

all that said, drafting a linebacker is where you are least likely to draft a bust statistically among first round picks.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
He didn't put up big sack numbers but check out this youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IqadSMQm5o

He plays sideline to sideline.
The tackle on the Arkansas back was sick. As was the tackle on the LSU back at the outset (can you say "textbook"?).

I still doubt he is one of Jerry's "wow" guys, though. Carpenter probablay had similar highlight reels.

If Jerry is serious about moving up, I think it's because Peterson falls.

I'm also keeping my eyes on the Mike Turner talks.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

D2, what are your views on Merriweather's off field problems? Also, do you think that Jarvis Moss could play in our 3-4? And if so, should he be given extra credit for being a hometown boy?

You are a Texas fan, I know. Griffin or Merriweather or Nelson? Can Griffin play center field? Can he play corner, as I have heard suggested? How does he compare to Michael Huff? (Who is from my high school, I am proud to add.)

Will Blaylock go the way of other UT o-linemen of recent vintage who have disappointed?

Is the linebacker from Penn State a hit or a bust? I've heard it said that he is the best linebacker ever to play there, which is seriously high praise.

Is Beason a draftnik's pet project, or can he really play?

What about the RB who had a terribly broken leg last year, out of Louisville, I think? I think Bush might be his name? Is he worth a 4th or 5th? We gambled on Skyler Green last year. Might this guy be worth another chance.

Would we really go kicker in the first day, like some have suggested? I find that hard to believe.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
D2, what are your views on Merriweather's off field problems? Also, do you think that Jarvis Moss could play in our 3-4? And if so, should he be given extra credit for being a hometown boy?
I’d be willing to look past the off field problems in the second round.

Moss looks like a prototypical 4-3 end to me. And I’d actually downgrade him for snubbing Mack Brown and Texas

Seriously when he was at Denton Ryan I saw a picture of him in the paper and said to myself “that kid looks like a player” I hated to see him leave the state.

Quote:
You are a Texas fan, I know. Griffin or Merriweather or Nelson? Can Griffin play center field? Can he play corner, as I have heard suggested? How does he compare to Michael Huff? (Who is from my high school, I am proud to add.)
Griffin can play centerfield and play it well. His interception of what looked like a sure Lienart touchdown in the Rose Bowl was amazing.

He’s no Michael Huff though. As you probably know, Huff was a track star in high school and possesses blazing speed for a safety. He was also one of the smarter players that I’ve seen.

I can’t see Griffin playing corner.

Quote:
Will Blaylock go the way of other UT o-linemen of recent vintage who have disappointed?
I’m with 5-0, I think Blaylock will be a really good player for a long time. He’s strong as an ox, he can play guard and tackle and he had the highest wonderlich(sp) at the combine.

I know the perception is that UT lineman have disappointed but two of those “disappointments” cashed pretty big checks this summer.

Quote:
Is the linebacker from Penn State a hit or a bust? I've heard it said that he is the best linebacker ever to play there, which is seriously high praise.
No way was he better than Arrington. That guy was a freak in college. I don’t have much of a feel for how good of a pro he’ll be. I wouldn’t draft him if that says anything.

Quote:
Is Beason a draftnik's pet project, or can he really play?
He never stood out to me the 2 times I watched Miami play this year. Of course that was months ago so maybe I’m forgetting something.

Quote:
What about the RB who had a terribly broken leg last year, out of Louisville, I think? I think Bush might be his name? Is he worth a 4th or 5th? We gambled on Skyler Green last year. Might this guy be worth another chance.
Skyler Green was the worst pick of Bill’s tenure. I don’t know what got into him.

I do think Bush would be a good value in that range. Especially if we trade Julius. There’s a lot of smoke there.

Quote:
Would we really go kicker in the first day, like some have suggested? I find that hard to believe.
Zero chance of this happening. Jerry thinks the position is too unpredictable.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-26-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:35 AM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

griffin is essentially a slightly better version of roy williams in coverage. hes good for some big plays but he'll get toasted alot too. that pick on leinart last year was just sick though.

as for blalock i honestly think he is the safest pick in this draft relative to where i think he will end up being drafted(i dont think he'll go in the first). very rarely do you get a guy after the top 10 and especially after the first round that you can plug in for 15 years. Im curious what ut lineman your talking about? One of them is obviously mike williams who is a monumental bust. He just happened to be lazy as hell(as a strange aside which im sure dan will make fun of me for, the guy who was his oline coach in buffalo is the oline coach at smu(or he was last year im not sure if he still is) where my best friend happens to play and I got to talk to them a few times about him. All the talent in the world, no coachability and lazy as hell were how he described him.) davis isnt a bust. not quite what some had hoped but hes good and we just paid him alot so youd better hope hes not a bust either. dockery? hes still a starter. scott? he was starting toward the end of the year as a 5th round pick. who else you thinking? speaking of ut lineman, kasey studdard wouldnt be a bad late round pick. you can never have too many guys like that on your football team.

as for the receivers, jarret scares me. alot. the list of successful receivers 6-4 or taller is essentially herman moore..... (moss is 6-3)

Id love to get peterson. he is a flat out stud. Dont see anyway we could do it unless he slid and someone would take jj plus our first for their first which i would do in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-26-2007 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #34
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
griffin is essentially a slightly better version of roy williams in coverage. hes good for some big plays but he'll get toasted alot too. that pick on leinart last year was just sick though.
I think Chizik was part of the problem last year. His first priority was to make sure that nobody could run on his defense and the secondary suffered because if it. He had his safeties playing so aggressively that they probably set the record for most touchdowns given up on flea flickers.

Quote:
as for the receivers, jarret scares me. alot. the list of successful receivers 6-4 or taller is essentially herman moore..... (moss is 6-3)
You probably weren't even alive when 6'9 Herald Carmichael was terrorizing defenses.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

I would like to see Glenn in the 3rd spot..only if PC can beat him out of course...I just hope he is given the chance.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

If anyone is interested, ESPN is doing a live mock with Pascaralli and Clayton. The Cowboys just took Ginn at 22.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2848586
Old 04-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #37
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

you take a safety. i'm telling you...anything else would be a mistake, i think.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If anyone is interested, ESPN is doing a live mock with Pascaralli and Clayton. The Cowboys just took Ginn at 22.
yuck. I am not a big fan.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #39
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
yuck. I am not a big fan.
+1.

Skyler Green part II.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #40
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Is Kasey Studdard even gonna get drafted?

I'd love to see the boys take a flier on that dude.