Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-12-2008, 02:52 AM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Sounds about right. He's been playing pretty well lately so that means he's due for bad game.
Just so long as everyone recognizes the fact that when it happens, it has absolutely 0.00% to do with how the cowboys are playing defense at the time.

Eli is due to throw picks. The Cowboys "defense" has nothing to do with it.-
Old 01-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Just so long as everyone recognizes the fact that when it happens, it has absolutely 0.00% to do with how the cowboys are playing defense at the time.

Eli is due to throw picks. The Cowboys "defense" has nothing to do with it.-

I'm sure that's what they'll be saying in New York after the Giants lose...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:36 AM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care if you are at the game or at home.......

Raise hell baby!

Be loud! Be proud! Be Cowboys fans!

We ARE going to win. We ARE going to beat GB/Sea. We are going to beat Indy/NE/SD/Jax. We WILL win our 6th SB.

Believe baby! Believe!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I hope that statement was born of the same karmatic mojo as Alby's "Fasano touchdown" prediction...
just plain awesome.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #45
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

PROPS TO G. ELLIS

he beat out Randy Moss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3193239

NEW YORK -- Players entering their 10th season, coming off a major injury and in the midst of a position change rarely make an impact.
But Greg Ellis managed to do so for the Dallas Cowboys at outside linebacker and on Saturday was voted The Associated Press 2007 NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

Ellis went from non-factor in Dallas to a Pro Bowler in his new position after spending most of his career as a defensive end. He had 12½ sacks, forming a dynamic pass-rushing force with All-Pro linebacker DeMarcus Ware.

"It's been great," Ellis said. "I thank God for blessing me, letting me get out there and have a good support group, starting from the doctors. We have good people here, the coaches have done a good job working me back into it. They've been telling me, 'You're fine, you're fine.' It was just getting the confidence to get out there and do it."

He did it so well that Ellis drew 12 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. In a season marked by strong comebacks, Ellis beat New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss, who was chosen on 10 ballots, and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, selected on seven.

Ellis is the first Cowboy and also the first linebacker to win the award, which went to Jets quarterback Chad Pennington last season.
"Guys will tell you the correct thing -- you don't seek after those awards," Ellis said. "But when you're blessed to get any award on a national level ... our [linebackers] coach, Paul Pasqualoni, says the respect of the game is one of the reasons everybody in the NFL plays. And he's right.
"So once you've got the respect of everybody in the country, if you will, at doing something -- whether it's for your efforts on coming back or for your just play on the field, whatever it is -- it's a great award to get, obviously."

Ellis became a starter as a rookie in 1998 after being selected in the first round (eighth overall) out of North Carolina. He has had a knack for finding fumbles, and he has 69 sacks in his career. He also averaged 64 tackles in his first eight seasons as an end, and he had eight sacks in 2005, his first year in a 3-4 defense.

But nine games into the 2006 season, Ware tore his Achilles tendon, one of the most debilitating of all injuries for a football player.
Even Ellis doubted his comeback at times.

"Oh, yeah," he said with a laugh. "It went through two phases, really, two phases where I felt like that's going to be it. When it first happened, I felt like that's probably going to do it for me, because I'm familiar with the Achilles and know guys who have torn it before. The guys I knew, most hadn't returned back to that same rare form that they were before they left the game.

"Then the second time was in training camp. Everything started going good. I started rehabbing here, then I got to training camp and started to have pain around the heel part of it."

So Ellis stopped practicing and wound up missing the first three games this season as the Cowboys slowly brought him along. But when he got back on the field, Ellis was a revelation. He had 1½ sacks in his first game, then two sacks in his first start.

"I have seen him out there week in and week out working really hard," Ware said. "To see him come back and contribute even more after that injury, it shows the courage that he has.

"He's sort of a like a DE/LB -- he's two players playing in the 4-3 and in the 3-4. He contributes on both. Just to have him out there is a really big deal."

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre got five votes, as did Cleveland Browns running back Jamal Lewis. Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Bobby Engram earned three and his teammate, defensive end Patrick Kerney, got two. So did Cleveland Browns quarterback Derek Anderson.
Drawing one vote apiece were New York Giants receiver Amani Toomer, Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, Houston Texans defensive end Mario Williams and Washington Redskins defensive end Andre Carter.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 01-12-2008 at 02:20 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
But nine games into the 2006 season, Ware tore his Achilles tendon, one of the most debilitating of all injuries for a football player. Even Ellis doubted his comeback at times.
That's backwards - Ellis tore his Achilles, Ware doubted his comeback...

But it's nice to see Ellis get some recognition after getting snubbed for a Pro Bowl selection - he's been a workhorse this season... I can't wait to see him & Ware knock Eli on his ass tomorrow!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-12-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #47
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
That's backwards - Ellis tore his Achilles, Ware doubted his comeback...

But it's nice to see Ellis get some recognition after getting snubbed for a Pro Bowl selection - he's been a workhorse this season... I can't wait to see him & Ware knock Eli on his ass tomorrow!
I totally agree. It's awesome for him to get that award after not getting in the Pro Bowl.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:09 AM   #48
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

When the Cowboys destroy the Giants what are the headlines going to be on Monday morning since everyone has the Giants winning? Will it be considered an upset? I can't believe how much of a lovefest Eli is getting. Its about time I guess. He's been catching a tough break against the media for years for his mediocre play. He strings two good games together now he's going to beat the Cowboys. I wonder does the media realize he actually played good against the Cowboys in the previous 2 meetings and still lost?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #49
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

13.5 hours until game time!

GO BOYS!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:19 AM   #50
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Judgement day?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 AM   #51
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Eli has truely come into his own.... he is even better than his brother now. pffffft seriously, does the media forget that easily about how inconsistent this guy is! wow.