Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #81
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Barca's decisions relate to the emergence of Messi, since he's clearly going to be a legitimate star for years to come--some of the other names have become expendable.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #82
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Good point. As a sidenote, it is my duty to hate Messi as he's Argentine :-P But I thoroughly enjoy them soiling their pants when they play Brazil everytime. I've never seen him or the highly revered Riquelme do a damn thing against us.

Last edited by bernardos70; 06-20-2008 at 12:21 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #83
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Today, the Orange shall show the Russians what they think about communism.....
Old 06-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #84
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TURKEY

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #85
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
You must spread some reputation around, before giving it to FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN players (and one former) again.
I spread some Reputation around before giving it to Karl-Heinz again.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #86
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Turkey has Allah on its side. No one can beat that.

Last edited by Caseman; 06-20-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #87
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Turkey has Allah on its side. No one can beat that.
Haah you mite be joking, but it could prove to be true ; )...and I am hoping he is and it will.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 06-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #88
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
That´s just ridiculous. European championships used to be best tournament, better than world cup and copa libertadores, but i can´t remember having witnessed so much crappy games. It´s just a horror. Three lions are badly missed.
After the group stage and the first two games of the quarter finals, I can't agree with your take on the quality of games. There have been some great games so far. I must admit I haven't seen France-Romania and Greece-Russia, but most of the games I have seen were pretty good. The best games were Holland vs. Italy, Holland vs. France, Turkey vs. Czech Republic, Germany vs. Portugal, and Spain vs. Russia. I was a bit disappointed by the Italy-France game, but overall a good tournament compared to previous ones. I don't miss England at all, they almost always disappoint on the pitch and their fans make always trouble in the cities.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #89
bernardos70
Diamond Member

The Turks are like the Cardiac Jags of a couple of years back.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #90
bernardos70
Diamond Member

The Russians party today! Wow! And Van Der Sar, don't complain about offside! There is no offside on a throw-in! Jeez.

Even though the team I was rooting for is out, it was a very entertaining game. Those Russians sure are fast, aren't they?
Old 06-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #91
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

All the more reason to cheer on our Turkey brothers.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #92
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Well, Turkey's journey will end on Wednesday - book it.

Germany is exactly the team it needs to kick out teams like Turkey.
They rely on hard work, physicality, seriousness, self-assurance.
Don't think Turkey has anything against this mixture.
But we'll see - and if Turkey wins, they'll have me rooting for them!

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #93
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel
Anyways I still think the Netherlands won´t make it in the end. The 1988 team was too good to choke it up, but usually they allways do, just like Spain or England. Therefore it´s pretty hard to pick a favourite right now, as the best teams so far (Portugese, Netherlands, Spain) aren´t exactly known to be winners who come through when it counts. The teams who have just the opposite reputation (Italy, Germany) haven´t looked real good as of yet.
Two down, one to go.

(Also it is interesting that both teams who played with their 2nd unit in the third goupmatch are now out. Let´s see what will happen to Spain who did the same).

Last edited by Fidel; 06-21-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #94
yao1860

yao1860 will become famous soon enough
Talking

russia paly a good match,go russia!

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
yao1860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #95
yao1860

who will win the champion?

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-22-2008, 12:13 AM   #96
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

My finals looks like this

Turkey vs. Spain/Italy...at this point I have a feeling it will be Spain.

**Just to point out I have been rite about all my previous predictions ...Turkey beating both Chezc and Croats and Russia beating Neth.

GOOOO Turkey...

........GO MAVS
Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #97
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
My finals looks like this

Turkey vs. Spain/Italy...at this point I have a feeling it will be Spain.

**Just to point out I have been rite about all my previous predictions ...Turkey beating both Chezc and Croats and Russia beating Neth.

GOOOO Turkey...
Allalalalalalalalalalalalalalah!!
Old 06-22-2008, 03:03 AM   #98
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

There is no way the Turks beat Germany, absolutely no way. The Germans are too experienced, they have overall better players, and they have been playing well together. The Turks are missing some of their starters and they have been very lucky to score late at the end of three games. The luck will be running out on them. At this level you need some experienced veterans like Ballack who know what to do when the stakes are high.

I think the Germans go through and beat Italy in the final.

I expect Toni to score twice against Spain.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #99
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
After the group stage and the first two games of the quarter finals, I can't agree with your take on the quality of games. There have been some great games so far. I must admit I haven't seen France-Romania and Greece-Russia, but most of the games I have seen were pretty good. The best games were Holland vs. Italy, Holland vs. France, Turkey vs. Czech Republic, Germany vs. Portugal, and Spain vs. Russia. I was a bit disappointed by the Italy-France game, but overall a good tournament compared to previous ones. I don't miss England at all, they almost always disappoint on the pitch and their fans make always trouble in the cities.
True, Euro has improved. But the first 6 or 8 games were really crappy. Anyway.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #100
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
There is no way the Turks beat Germany, absolutely no way. The Germans are too experienced, they have overall better players, and they have been playing well together. The Turks are missing some of their starters and they have been very lucky to score late at the end of three games. The luck will be running out on them. At this level you need some experienced veterans like Ballack who know what to do when the stakes are high.

I think the Germans go through and beat Italy in the final.

I expect Toni to score twice against Spain.
Thats wht they said about the last 2 games for Turkey and they came thru. If you are realistic then you know its possible. yes Germany mite be the favorite, but I think it can happen and I think it will.

Gooooooooo Turkey

........GO MAVS
Old 06-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #101
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

sooooo far.....i am right. keep it coming...

go Turkey : )

........GO MAVS
Old 06-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #102
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

crappy match today. surprisingly spain finally won a penalty shootout. they will lose to russia anyways.

so the final will be germany vs. russia.

Last edited by Fidel; 06-22-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #103
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Spaniards looked pretty good, just couldn't finish some chances. I like their passing attack.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:16 AM   #104
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Spain vs. Turkey.....

........GO MAVS
Old 06-23-2008, 05:01 AM   #105
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
that's funny... ha ha

Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 AM   #106
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Spaniards looked pretty good, just couldn't finish some chances. I like their passing attack.
They look boring. They pass the ball around for 15 minutes before they decide to knock it in the box. I'm glad I slept through most of it and was awake for the extra time and penalty kicks.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #107
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

That game yesterday was a boredom festival.
Think the Spanish never realized that Gattuso and Pirlo were missing, otherwise they may have been a bit more attacking.

I just realized that the semi will be the rematch of the 4:1(Esp - Rus) of the group stages, that may be some extra motivation for these young russian guns (who probably don't need it).

Last edited by Zaknaf3in; 06-23-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #108
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the Italy v. Spain game at LAX International. And let me tell you, the atmosphere was amazing.

Contact Me
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #109
bernardos70
Diamond Member

When are the Semi's?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #110
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Tomorrow is Turkey vs. Germany
Go Turkey

........GO MAVS
Old 06-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #111
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Just wanted to share this EM beauties with you

Click the chick
Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #112
twelli
Diamond Member

Tomorrow is Turkey vs. Germany
Go Home Turkey

Old 06-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #113
yao1860

Smile

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
who's going to be watchin this
who are you cheering for?

I want France or Portugal

sidenote*
Have you guys read about Ronaldo joining Real Madrid?
^_^,Spain or Germany,not France or Portugal

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 AM   #114
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Owned
Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #115
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yao1860
[/color]

^_^,Spain or Germany,not France or Portugal
yeah.. sucks =]

Contact Me
Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #116
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Owned
That's a well-built door.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #117
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
That's a well-built door.
German engineering...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #118
Zaknaf3in

Ok guys, I'm off to the fanmile - go Germany!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #119
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TURKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

........GO MAVS
Old 06-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #120
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

The Dirks will prevail