Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-17-2022, 10:12 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
need to get him out of there right now
he's not hitting shots or rebounding or anything
Just another one trick pony we've grown used to for this franchise

I don't expect him to be in the rotation by playoff time
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:14 PM   #2
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

It's nitpicking, but Luka was straight trash to end this one. Forcing shots, forcing dribbles. They know exactly what's coming and he played right into their hands.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:24 PM   #3
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
It's nitpicking, but Luka was straight trash to end this one. Forcing shots, forcing dribbles. They know exactly what's coming and he played right into their hands.
Yeah his decision making at times can be brutal

You wish he valued possessions a little more and that's where I think a veteran like Dragic could actually help him.

At times I almost wish they would take the ball out his hands and give it to Brunson who seems to play more safe.
Old 02-17-2022, 10:14 PM   #4
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Just another one trick pony we've grown used to for this franchise

I don't expect him to be in the rotation by playoff time
i think you put him in for a few minutes each half - if he's on, you let it ride for a bit
if not, pull him quick
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:22 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i think you put him in for a few minutes each half - if he's on, you let it ride for a bit
if not, pull him quick
The problem with this theory is that it applies to basically everyone not named Luka and Brunson. Can't not let players shoot themselves out of a slump because they all can suffer from that game to game.

The team is maxed out offensively, and we aren't a contender. If the FO doesn't do anything about that this offseason, then it's just gonna be more treadmill of mediocrity.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-17-2022 at 10:22 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:44 PM   #6
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The problem with this theory is that it applies to basically everyone not named Luka and Brunson. Can't not let players shoot themselves out of a slump because they all can suffer from that game to game.

The team is maxed out offensively, and we aren't a contender. If the FO doesn't do anything about that this offseason, then it's just gonna be more treadmill of mediocrity.
For Bertans, since he doesn't offer anything else then this philosophy holds.

guys like Dodo and Maxi, Bullock, even Green/Frank -they can offer some defense and rebounding, ball-handling/passing. I'd give them a longer leash...

Dinwiddie def needs more reps but it's nice to have someone who can dribble
Old 02-18-2022, 12:19 AM   #7
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
For Bertans, since he doesn't offer anything else then this philosophy holds.

guys like Dodo and Maxi, Bullock, even Green/Frank -they can offer some defense and rebounding, ball-handling/passing. I'd give them a longer leash...

Dinwiddie def needs more reps but it's nice to have someone who can dribble
Yeah that's why I believe he'll be out of the rotation by playoff time.

No defense or rebounding help if he's not hitting shots.

I also get tired of hearing how dudes help space the floor. Give me Josh Green's cutting, passing and defense all day over those types of dudes who might hit 1-2 3-Pt shots per game but offer nothing else if they aren't knocking down shots.

This part of the trade might turn out to be Melli 2.0 version
Old 02-18-2022, 12:30 AM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yeah that's why I believe he'll be out of the rotation by playoff time.

No defense or rebounding help if he's not hitting shots.

I also get tired of hearing how dudes help space the floor. Give me Josh Green's cutting, passing and defense all day over those types of dudes who might hit 1-2 3-Pt shots per game but offer nothing else if they aren't knocking down shots.

This part of the trade might turn out to be Melli 2.0 version
You say that like Green didn't get any minutes. He played 25 minutes and didn't score a point. To poo poo that like it doesn't matter is ridiculous. I like that Green does other things on the court, but he part of the offensive problem.

Things should stabilize when Bullock gets back (provided those threes are still falling), but it's still basically a player can't take a game off to win situation right now.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:30 AM   #9
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You say that like Green didn't get any minutes. He played 25 minutes and didn't score a point. To poo poo that like it doesn't matter is ridiculous. I like that Green does other things on the court, but he part of the offensive problem.

Things should stabilize when Bullock gets back (provided those threes are still falling), but it's still basically a player can't take a game off to win situation right now.
Green definitely needs work
since he's younger and has more potential and provides other benefits currently i'm glad Kidd gave him 25 minutes honestly. At least the non offense part of his game is consistent.

I don't know how but Mavs please hype him for his defense and get him a reputation for that. Green gets fouls called on him sometimes for being in the same zipcode as the guy he's defending. (Meanwhile Tony effin' Snell can beat the $hit out of Luka and it's play on...)