Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default David Wesley and his towel

how annoying is THAT? he looks like an arabic person. or a nun. but god I hate seeing that
Old 04-29-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE: David Wesley and his towel

Why do players do that anyway? Do their heads get cold?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #3
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:David Wesley and his towel

I dont see how that could possibly annoy someone.
That getty images watermark in the middle of the picture is more annoying, I think.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:03 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing

how annoying is THAT? he looks like an arabic person. or a nun. but god I hate seeing that

Wesley donning his habit

Wesley at the Jinadriyah

[Editted to put in a nicer picture of David Wesley with Arabs. Not all Mohammadens or Arabs are suicide-bombing, ravening murderers and terrorists, so I won't depict Wesley as such, regardless of what exotic nun/arab-like headgarb he chooses to wear.]
Old 04-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

That's funny................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

what's wrong with arabic people?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #7
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
well basically, to people like the thread starter, what's wrong with arabic people is that they're not white. what's wrong with non-white people is that they're not white

the population that feels this way the most are usually old geezers who are dying off by the hundreds anyway, and I'm lovin it

die idiots, die
MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #8
MaverickFFL

another thing, some morons have nothing better to do than to ask stupid questions like "omg, why do players do that..." about a towel on their head

why are you so worried about it? is it a big deal to you? if it is, go to Walgreens and take every anti-depressant drug on the shelf
Old 04-29-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

how annoying is THAT? he looks like an arabic person...
I thought Arabic people made their women veil their faces????

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i've done this before with a towel, during games.

a lot of body heat gets released through the top of the head when you exercise/sweat. So your head gets cold, fast, in air-condiitioned gyms. having a towel up there happens to help with that problem. I don't even have a shaved head (which I imagine would make it worse). also, if you are ever exercising/working out, you should always put on a hat before leaving the building in cold weather.

and i certainly don't see how someone doing that would be annoying.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

NVE and Stack must really be annoying then.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MaverickFFL
Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
well basically, to people like the thread starter, what's wrong with arabic people is that they're not white. what's wrong with non-white people is that they're not white

the population that feels this way the most are usually old geezers who are dying off by the hundreds anyway, and I'm lovin it

die idiots, die
hahahahahahahaha. you are one of the biggest idiots to ever post on this board. I'm such a racist that I'm engaged to an Asian-American woman, and have a child with her. and I'm such a racist that I've actually been to Saudi Arabia to see my uncle...good lord, get a grip. don't call someone out if you don't know shit about them.

I posted this cause it's funny, but of course, 90 percent of you take it as some kind of offensive personal attack. get a life. the man is in his 30s prancing around the sidelines with a towel on his head like the flying nun. and you retards make it into some kind of issue. do you guys EVER have any fun?
Old 05-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #13
MaverickFFL

endtroducing, come down from up there and join us for a round of beers. I was only kidding man
Old 05-04-2005, 12:02 AM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

wesley is prancing in that picture? looks like he's sitting down to me...
Old 05-04-2005, 03:04 AM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If I wasn't such an informed fan, I wouldn't even know the Rockets had a player named David Wesley--much less that he wore a scarf on his head.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #16
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I think I have seen every one of the Mavs at one time or another with a towel on their head on the sideline. I've seen Damp do it the most. Sometimes he even wears it going to the locker room at half time. I've always wondered why. Thanks for the info BBL.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #17
playa4life

playa4life is on a distinguished road

Quote:

he looks like an arabic person

What do you have against Arabic people? Surely you cant be bias towards people of of the Islamic religion.
playa4life is offline   Reply With Quote