Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-24-2002, 12:40 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Denver lost to the Blazers 101-90

Here's how the ex-dallas players faired in their Denver debut:

Howard, 35 minutes, 6-12fg, 4-5ft, 16pts, 6rbs, 4as, 3to and 1blk

Hardaway, 26 minutes, 4-9fg, 1-1ft, 2-5 (3-pt), 11pts, 2rbs, 5as, 2to

Harvey, 27 minutes, 1-7fg, 1-4ft, 3pts, 5rbs, 4as and 1blk
Old 02-24-2002, 03:15 AM   #2
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Wow that's more minutes in one game for Harvey than he's probably had all year.......lol
Old 02-24-2002, 06:10 AM   #3
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

It wont be so funny when he turns out to be the player I know he can. I watched the game and he played darn good too. I know his FG's are down but you seen where he was alittle nervous being in a different enviroment. KiKi loves the guy and know he got a steal with him. Heck Raef said it himself, he was nervous on his first shot and threw up on airball. Harvey missed layups giving me a sign that he was nervous, he will get past it and perform. If KiKi continues to work with him like he did last year, Donnell will be a damn good player. I seen the block he had too, it was on his off had and he swatted it into the 3rd row. The kid got game, to sad Nellie gave him away(typical).
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:25 AM   #4
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< I seen the block he had too, it was on his off had(hand) and he swatted it into the 3rd row. The kid got game, to(too) sad Nellie gave him away(typical). >>

WHEN Donnell learns to play, he will be a good player. The block you are talking about is an example. He will learn not to &quot;swat it into the third row&quot; but keep it in play and take it to the other end. And the bunk you keep putting out about Nelson is tiresome. Nelson traded Donnell in a trade that took the Mavs from pretenders for the championship to contenders for the championship. You have to trade something to get something. You seem to have &quot;an&quot; problem relating to the old white man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

That block Harvey had was one monsterous swap.

I'm sure gonna miss the guy.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 02:50 PM   #6
Joe Joe
Banned

Contenders? Man come on, every team not named the Lakers are Pretenders!!
Old 02-24-2002, 08:19 PM   #7
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe Joe,
It looks like the Mavs might get the last laugh this time. We will see what happens when we play the Lakers next time. We arent Pretenders anymore. Harvey wasnt going to help us anytime soon either.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 08:47 PM   #8
Joe Joe
Banned

Well I sure hope the Mavs do win, but again I am just thinking realistically here folks. I am the biggest Mavs fan around, but I don't sugar coat anything, for anybody. I hope and pray for that day I get to storm the court when the Mavs win the decisive game in the Finals.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:37 PM   #9
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Before the Denver trade, I thought the Mavs success would be measured by how far they made it in the playoffs, with NO thought of the Mavs challenging for a spot in the conference finals. Now I think they can get to the conference finals and perhaps farther. I would have given anyone, not of the Big Three, to improve the team and I would have considered the right deal for one of the Big Three. Of course that is just me talking without the power to do any deals.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:01 PM   #10
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

joejoe i hate to tell you but they don't give inbred rednecks tix to the finals...sorry pal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2002, 10:14 PM   #11
Joe Joe
Banned

That's surely strike 1, I have not insulted you, but I surely can if I wanted too. I wont stoop to your level, just let the Mods handle it. Anyway, I will most definitly be at any playoff game or finals game the Mavs have.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:40 AM   #12
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Maybe Harvey will become a serviceable player but I don't think the Mavs will miss anything by trading him. He's probably going to be good someday but he wasn't going to take us to the promise land that's for sure. I do wish him well though.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:49 AM   #13
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Kid,
No doubt that Harvey will be a good, solid player given consistent playing time.

It's interesting to see that he got Bradley-type numbers in his first game of note, with much more upside and a lot less salary.

However, he was not going to get a chance here this year, and probably next, with or without this trade unless we had a ton of injuries.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 07:24 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

inbred redneck?..hey, i resemble that remark
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote