Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-26-2002, 12:38 PM   #1
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

The guy just can't stay healthy
__________________________________________________ __

Muscle tear in Camby's hip slow to heal

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks center Marcus Camby is expected to miss the rest of the regular season because the muscle tear in his hip has improved little.

Camby, who was injured in a fall nearly four weeks ago, had an MRI exam on Monday which revealed that his bone bruise improved greatly, but the muscle tear didn't.

The oft-injured Camby landed hard on his side when he tried a driving layup along the baseline and collided with Jermaine O'Neal in the first quarter of New York's loss to the Indiana Pacers on Feb. 1.

It was announced then that Camby would be on crutches for three weeks and then re-evaluated. He has been able to get off crutches, and will begin rehabilitation -- which includes work in a swimming pool.

Camby, who was averaging 11.1 points and 11.1 rebounds, missed 15 of the Knicks' first 44 games this season because of toe and heel injuries.

He has already been out 10 games with his latest injury, and might not return at all since New York is in danger of missing the postseason for the first time in 15 years.

The Knicks (20-34) are in 12th place in the Eastern Conference, 6½ games behind the eighth and final playoff spot.

ESPN Tools
Email story

Most sent

Print story

Old 02-26-2002, 02:28 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

TheKid, I feel the same way. That doesn't mean I don't want Camby in a Mavs uni, but his health freaks me out.

Im glad Cuban and Nelson didn't immediately send NVE after the Denver deal. Im sure that deal will still be available this summer if the Mavs still like the idea. But, I don't like the idea of having to add Charlie Ward and Shandon Anderson. Wouldn't that really put us over the top, money wise?

I'd much rather see them trade Bradley for a backup pf/center type player. Im thinking a Jamaal Magloire or something along those lines.