Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-21-2002, 06:35 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

..for Dean Garrett and a second round pick. And I thought WE made off like bandits!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

First they're allowed to get Joe Smith back (what a crock of shit), then they sign Trent for nothing, and now this.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:36 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was just going to post this DJ...beat me to it.

Yeah, now that's a freaking steal for the T-Wolves. That's ok though, I like our deal better.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:41 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

Yea..hopefully Jackson turns out to be the fat, lazy, overpaid, overrated, bad-attitude guy we've been hearing about the last few months [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2002, 06:46 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I might be guilty of being a bit of a homer here, but all things consiedered, we made off like bandits compared to Minny. The Mavs just ensured a competitive run throughout the playoffs. I just hope the chemistry can pick up quickly. I heard that Nick VE also agreed to restructure or waive his last two years and resign another deal. That shows me he wants to make a good go of it here in Dallas. Outstanding trade! God Bless Mark Cuban!

In the immortal words of Eric Cartman...."That kicks ass"!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:48 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

Oh yea..the Mavs definitely got the better players. But Minny got an average to above-average center for nothing at all.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:51 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

agreed.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:07 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Actually I think the Wolves traded crap for crap
Old 02-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

At least they didn't overpay for Jackson. Crap for crap describes this deal perfectly.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:14 PM   #10
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

T-Wolves are just trying to fortify their post play just like us.......
Old 02-21-2002, 11:29 PM   #11
ma-gaga

ma-gaga is on a distinguished road

Wow, first i thought the Mavs made out well, now the Wolves did too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't know if M.Jackson is "crap". He hasn't played at all this year, but showed a lot of promise last year.

I can't believe the Warriors made the trade. Dean Garrett is going to retire at the end of this year. 2nd round pick in 2007?!? Unbelievable.

Should be fun...
ma-gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:30 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe the mavs should have seen what they'd give for EE
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:27 AM   #13
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

the warriors are stupid! How can you trade Marc jackson and get nothing in return???

The Wolves management did some real good trades and it will be hard to win against'em
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:03 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

Jackson put up 11pts and 5rebs in 21mins of play tonight against the Spurs. The T-Wolves blew away San Antonio in the fourth 38-17, to win by a final score of 112-88. You gotta wonder how Duncan's been feeling these days about not signing with Orlando.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:06 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

Anyone else think the T-Wolves are just a better team with Brandon at the point? Go figure.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:18 AM   #16
ma-gaga

ma-gaga is on a distinguished road

T-Pups are getting deep. Not as flashy deep as the Mavs, but deep, and somehow younger without draft picks. Go figure.
ma-gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 12:19 AM   #17
djb
Administrator

Yes it's rather sickening don't you think.