Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default IMAX

Anybody ever been to see a movie at an IMAX? I just bought my Spider-Man 3 tickets and wanna know if it's worth the $13.45 i had to spend.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I saw an IMAX once - years ago. It was mostly footage from the International Space Center, so it was pretty fuzzy looking. I did, however, absolutely love the short trailer-like "fly over" of Dallas that they did before the official film started. Now that was very cool. I think Spiderman will probably be really nice on IMAX.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Real movies are awesome on iMax. All I've seen at the Omni are educational/documentary films and I've loved them, but I've seen action movies on iMax elsewhere, and its totally worth it. I saw Batman Begins and 300 this way.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

its nice, the one go to has very limited seating, so it is best to get there fairly early to get a good seat. otherwise you'll be looking straight up the whole time.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

I do think the Omni experience is a little better, but seeing a "real" movie at an IMAX is just as good - assuming the movie doesn't suck.

Good experiences = Alien (on Halloween night, no less) and Star Wars: Episode II.

Bad experience = Daredevil (God, what an awful movie, and I hate Affleck with a passion - I don't know what I was thinking).

Spiderman 3 sounds like a good candidate - should be worth the extra $5.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Haven't gone since...... uhhhhhhh..... 6th grade i think. They made us watch some documentary on the North Pole.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #7
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Havent gone yet but from what I heard, every penny is worth it. At least that's what my friends said when watched 300. I just dont know with Spiderman 3. Goodluck and hope you get your moneys worth!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:04 AM   #8
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

The IMAX on 635 sucks. Its not the IMAX everyone here is thinkin of. I was thinkin the science place type theatre when I was headed there. The screen is just a lil bigger than the regular theatres. I wanna check out the one in Tinsel Town by Frisco. I heard a while back thats a good IMAX to check out..... not sure if its a "real" IMAX though.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I doubt Tinsletown is a "Real" Imax either. Real ones are absurdly expensive to make and take up a lot of space. and Im not sure how many people would be capable of handling an action movie in "Real" Imax..it would be a bit intense!