Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 06-08-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default Richard Clarke is saying EXACTALLY what I have been saying- smart man...

Clarke: More Reasons to Invade Iran Than Iraq

VIENNA (Reuters) - It would have made more sense to invade Iran than Iraq (news - web sites), says a former U.S. counterterrorism adviser who has already accused the Bush administration of being soft on terrorism and wasting resources by attacking Iraq.

Richard Clarke, a former adviser to three U.S. presidents and four administrations, said mere possession of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) did not justify invading a country. This was the U.S. government's stated grounds for the Iraq war.

"If you take the case of Iran, its nuclear program is far more advanced than Iraq's was," Clarke told the Austrian daily Der Standard in an interview translated into German. "There would have been far more grounds to invade there (Iran)."

The United States believes Iran's nuclear program is a front for developing atomic weapons. Tehran denies this, saying its atomic ambitions are limited to generating electricity.

The U.S. military has found none of the caches of Iraqi WMD that Washington said Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) had possessed in abundance.

In his recently published memoirs "Against All Enemies," Clarke charged that the administration of President Bush (news - web sites) did not take the al Qaeda threat seriously enough before the September 11, 2001 attacks and needlessly attacked Iraq.

Clarke's accusations have damaged Bush's reputation for being tough on terrorism -- a key theme in the president's re-election campaign. The Los Angeles Times reported in April that 52 percent of Americans agreed that Bush had been lax on terrorism before September 11 while 40 percent disagreed.

Bush has repeatedly denied Clarke's charges.

In a chapter entitled "That Almost War, 1996," Clarke says former U.S. President Bill Clinton (news - web sites) almost launched a war against Iran for what Washington says its support for terrorism against the United States.

However, Clarke says Clinton chose not to attack Iran but ordered an "intelligence operation" that seemed to have worked.

"Following the intelligence operation, and perhaps because of it and the serious U.S. threats, among other reasons, Iran ceased terrorism against the U.S.," Clarke wrote. "War with Iran was averted."

Old 06-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Richard Clarke is saying EXACTALLY what I have been saying- smart man...

Screw that bastard
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Richard Clarke is saying EXACTALLY what I have been saying- smart man...

Clarke is a jabroni.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #4
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Richard Clarke is saying EXACTALLY what I have been saying- smart man...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Clarke is a jabroni.
definition please. what is a "jabroni"?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:44 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Richard Clarke is saying EXACTALLY what I have been saying- smart man...

Must I do everyone's homework? Sheesh....I feel like snopes or dictionary.com sometimes.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #6
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Im thinking "jabroni" must mean a very educated, smart human being?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:48 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
Im thinking "jabroni" must mean a very educated, smart human being?
You are wrong jabroni.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:58 PM   #8
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Must I do everyone's homework? Sheesh....I feel like snopes or dictionary.com sometimes.
or maybe someone who makes up new words?

Jabroni.
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.

Suggestions for jabroni:
1. jabirus
2. jabiru
3. jabbering
4. jobbery
5. jobberies
6. gibbering
7. jaborandi
8. Jibran
9. geobotany
10. Gibran

Old 06-08-2004, 12:59 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

You failed to look at an updated dictionary. Try dictionary.com. Dear God...it only took three seconds to find this.

Jabroni - noun, adjective - one who is insignificant, sub-par, or does not live up to his or her established hype is a jabroni.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:59 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Being accused of making up the word "jabroni" which has been around for yeeeeears.....sheesh.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

oh, it's a slang term from The Rock. No wonder I'd never heard of it...I don't watch wrestling.
----------------------------------------
Jabroni

One who is not good at his chosen profession or current task.

A jabroni talks smack but has no way of backing up his mouth.

A jabroni lets his mouth say stupid things when it shouldn't.

To quote The Rock... "Who... in the Blue Hell are you... jabroni?"
As if to say, "Who are YOU to interrupt me?"

A jobber in professional wrestling.

Low class.

Advertise at Urban Dictionary
Old 06-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #12
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Being accused of making up the word "jabroni" which has been around for yeeeeears.....sheesh.
tounge in cheek bio...
Old 06-08-2004, 01:40 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Mavdog- that term has been around for longer than the Rock I assure you. I remember it being used in the 80's. There are numerous uses and one sadly is an Italian derogatory meaning as I recall, although I haven't heard it used like that in years.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:35 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Clarke is a toad. He's had his 5 minutes of fame. What a shame to ruin an honorable career right at the end.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:37 PM   #15
reeds
Golden Member

Clarke is only doing what more of us Americans should do- speak the truth and not sugar coat things to protect someones honor or reputation or even job
Old 06-08-2004, 06:48 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No... Clarke was on the presidents National Security Council. He was kept on for continuity in our government. He has betrayed the policy of all of his predecessors who could be trusted to keep their mouths shut.

Our country will now be LESS SECURE during presidential adminstration transfers of power, because the first thing the new president will have to do is fire the national security staff. Not to mention that his "recollections" have been discounted many,many times. He's a toad and he's dishonered his service in search of a buck.

He is on record as saying this: (either he was lying then or lying now). Imo he's always lying, he's a toad.

Quote:
RICHARD CLARKE: Actually, I've got about seven points, let me just go through them quickly. Um, the first point, I think the overall point is, there was no plan on Al Qaeda that was passed from the Clinton administration to the Bush administration.

Second point is that the Clinton administration had a strategy in place, effectively dating from 1998. And there were a number of issues on the table since 1998. And they remained on the table when that administration went out of office — issues like aiding the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan, changing our Pakistan policy -- uh, changing our policy toward Uzbekistan. And in January 2001, the incoming Bush administration was briefed on the existing strategy. They were also briefed on these series of issues that had not been decided on in a couple of years.

And the third point is the Bush administration decided then, you know, in late January, to do two things. One, vigorously pursue the existing policy, including all of the lethal covert action findings, which we've now made public to some extent.

And the point is, while this big review was going on, there were still in effect, the lethal findings were still in effect. The second thing the administration decided to do is to initiate a process to look at those issues which had been on the table for a couple of years and get them decided.

So, point five, that process which was initiated in the first week in February, uh, decided in principle, uh in the spring to add to the existing Clinton strategy and to increase CIA resources, for example, for covert action, five-fold, to go after Al Qaeda.

The sixth point, the newly-appointed deputies — and you had to remember, the deputies didn't get into office until late March, early April. The deputies then tasked the development of the implementation details, uh, of these new decisions that they were endorsing, and sending out to the principals.

Over the course of the summer — last point — they developed implementation details, the principals met at the end of the summer, approved them in their first meeting, changed the strategy by authorizing the increase in funding five-fold, changing the policy on Pakistan, changing the policy on Uzbekistan, changing the policy on the Northern Alliance assistance.

And then changed the strategy from one of rollback with Al Qaeda over the course of five years, which it had been, to a new strategy that called for the rapid elimination of Al Qaeda. That is in fact the timeline.

QUESTION: When was that presented to the president?

CLARKE: Well, the president was briefed throughout this process.

QUESTION: But when was the final September 4 document? (interrupted) Was that presented to the president?

CLARKE: The document went to the president on September 10, I think.

QUESTION: What is your response to the suggestion in the [Aug. 12, 2002] Time [magazine] article that the Bush administration was unwilling to take on board the suggestions made in the Clinton administration because of animus against the — general animus against the foreign policy?

CLARKE: I think if there was a general animus that clouded their vision, they might not have kept the same guy dealing with terrorism issue. This is the one issue where the National Security Council leadership decided continuity was important and kept the same guy around, the same team in place. That doesn't sound like animus against uh the previous team to me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-08-2004, 06:51 PM   #17
reeds
Golden Member

one very smart toad....
Old 06-08-2004, 07:07 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Dishonorable toad. But he got his payday. You really shouldn't hold him up as a role model however, it's not good for the soul.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:00 PM   #19
reeds
Golden Member

Dude- Im sure he really didnt need a so-called "payday"..the man was well off way before the book deals....
Old 06-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

I don't think you know how much government guys get paid. They don't get rich unless they are senators I don't think. But come on, you have to know that he moved his book release up to coincide with the 9/11 hype. So his was just a tell-all book because he just had to tell the world that although bush didn't care at all about terrorism, clinton was obsessed with it.

Okay....
Old 06-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #21
reeds
Golden Member

Advisors to presidents(3)are not your average government employee- that is for sure...he wasnt starving
Old 07-31-2004, 08:12 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Seems that tommy franks isn't much of a fan of of "sell out for a buck" clarke either. Seems like a lot of those democrat supporters are in that "sell out for a book mode", maggot moore and joe wilson. What an honorable bunch supporting kerry.

Quote:
Tommy Franks singles out White House Counter-terrorism Czar Richard Clarke as never providing him with "a single page of actionable intelligence" and of engaging in mostly wishful thinking. Franks also believes the U.S. invested too much in electronic spy surveillance and not enough in spies. "We can't send a Princeton-educated New York lawyer to infiltrate al-Qaeda. To get information, we have to marry the devil or at least employ him. You have to deal."
Old 07-31-2004, 08:24 PM   #23
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Exactally?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:02 PM   #24
reeds
Golden Member

You mean this Tommy Franks? Franks the sell-out?? What makes him any different than Clarke???

Gen. Tommy Franks Inks Deal As MSNBC Analyst
Gen. Tommy Franks today announced his retirement, and a six-figure deal with MSNBC to critique U.S. military operations.

"Up until yesterday," said Gen. Franks, "I thought Coalition forces did a great job executing our flexible battle plan in Iraq. However, since signing the contract with MSNBC it seems to me that the war strategy was deeply flawed and mismanaged."

Gen. Franks would not disclose details of his contract with America's number three cable news network except to say, "MSNBC's generous offer made me realize the value of retired critics to the defense of freedom."

The General said that since writing his retirement letter he has already begun to have a better understanding of what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Answer- Nothing
Old 07-31-2004, 09:02 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Seems that tommy franks isn't much of a fan of of "sell out for a buck" clarke either. Seems like a lot of those democrat supporters are in that "sell out for a book mode", maggot moore and joe wilson. What an honorable bunch supporting kerry.
Doesn't surprise me. Kerry wants to sellout America to make nice with the Frenchies and the UN.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:27 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
You mean this Tommy Franks? Franks the sell-out?? What makes him any different than Clarke???

Gen. Tommy Franks Inks Deal As MSNBC Analyst
Gen. Tommy Franks today announced his retirement, and a six-figure deal with MSNBC to critique U.S. military operations.

"Up until yesterday," said Gen. Franks, "I thought Coalition forces did a great job executing our flexible battle plan in Iraq. However, since signing the contract with MSNBC it seems to me that the war strategy was deeply flawed and mismanaged."

Gen. Franks would not disclose details of his contract with America's number three cable news network except to say, "MSNBC's generous offer made me realize the value of retired critics to the defense of freedom."

The General said that since writing his retirement letter he has already begun to have a better understanding of what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Answer- Nothing

Well I think one big difference is he's not a lying you know what. But maybe you want to question his service too. Not nearly as honorable as kerry's 4 months.

Link please.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:11 PM   #27
reeds
Golden Member

"Well I think one big difference is he's not a lying you know what."

So is that what the republicans do? Dismiss anything that dont agree with as LIES?? You are telling me Clarkes book is a pack of lies?? Why doesnt that surprise me.. The man has more experience in the white house than 95% of Bush's staff, but he is just a LIAR- nothing more...unreal....
Old 08-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

You have read the 9/11 commission and seen their comments about clarke have you not?
Old 08-01-2004, 04:24 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
You have read the 9/11 commission and seen their comments about clarke have you not?
Of course not. It doesn't fit his hate Bush agenda.