Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default another rocket fights the law (the law won)

Houston's Reed Arrested For Marijuana Possession
September 5, 2007 - 1:22 pm
Globe And Mail -
Houston Rockets ' swingman Justin Reed was released Wednesday after being arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana.

Reed was arrested Tuesday night in Jackson. He was released from the Hinds County jail early Wednesday, said Capt. Ken Magee of the Hinds County Sheriff's Department.

Reed was charged with possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, which carries a fine from $100 to $250. No date has been set for his appearance in Hinds County court.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Swingman? The guy is better suited to play the 4 than the 2....
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

he's a 6'8 undersized PF-- you are right spree
Old 09-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

$250 fine.

Ouch.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What's the big deal? It's the equivalent of a speeding ticket.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
What's the big deal? It's the equivalent of a speeding ticket.
not exactly model behavior for a teammate and supposed rolemodel.

Rockets are looking more and more like the Blazers daily.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Be prepared to get f*cked by the long d*ck of the law!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
not exactly model behavior for a teammate and supposed rolemodel.

Rockets are looking more and more like the Blazers daily.
With due respect, I don't think Justin Reed is anyone's rolemodel. And if you think possession of marijuana is something an NBA teammate would be disappointed by...well, I just don't know what to say. Do you think that the percentage of NBA'ers who smoke is significantly less than 75% or so?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
With due respect, I don't think Justin Reed is anyone's rolemodel. And if you think possession of marijuana is something an NBA teammate would be disappointed by...well, I just don't know what to say. Do you think that the percentage of NBA'ers who smoke is significantly less than 75% or so?
yes I do think its less than 75%-- about 6-18% actually. 75% is astoundingly high for a group of professional athletes and I don't know if you are kidding when you claim that three quarters of all NBA players smoke pot! Seriously? Do you really think that or are you just putting on your little act?

And although Justin Reed may not be anyone's rolemodel, he's a professional athlete earning 1.5 million a year in a professional and highly-visible league. If this was a respectable league, he'd have had some sort of league punishment.

The league is suffering right now from a horrible image :doubts as to the officiating of games; officials calling for the resignation of top brass; players involved in all sorts of bar brawls, wife beatings, gun offenses, dangerous driving infractions, drug offenses....all while Stern is trying to bring back a wholesome message of teamwork, social conscience and professionalism. Yeah smoking pot is a big deal.

and "with all due respect" is just an polite clause for a usually impolite idea-- don't even bother with it.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-06-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

Wow. You seriously believe that only one to three guys per team smokes weed?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Wow. You seriously believe that only one to three guys per team smokes weed?
wow you honestly think that 3 out of every 4 people in the league smokes weed with the substance abuse policy?

I guess you do because you just said it. You heard what I said too.

Just curious: is that 75% representative on the Mavs? So do Dirk, terry, stack and others smoke weed?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-06-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #12
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

I'm gonna take the safe bets and go over on the 18% and under on the 75%.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Less than an ounce? $100 - 250 fine? Double ouch!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
wow you honestly think that 3 out of every 4 people in the league smokes weed with the substance abuse policy?

I guess you do because you just said it. You heard what I said too.

Just curious: is that 75% representative on the Mavs? So do Dirk, terry, stack and others smoke weed?

Who, this guy?

(might be drunk, might be stoned, might have just huffed glue...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-06-2007 at 06:56 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #15
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Personally, I wouldn't find the 75% number to be surprising at all, 'specially in the offseason.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The Rockets need Rasheed Wallace.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #17
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Feel bad for J. Reed. Was at ole miss his whole career. Really an all heart type player. All hussle. BUT, money and responsibility don't sometimes go hand in hand with some of these players.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't news. My guess is at least 50% of the players probably smoke. Who cares? Better than shootings, wife beatings and acting like a loony in plubic which seems to be the more common side of things in this league these days.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #19
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah. Less than an ounce. Not selling. No violence. Seems like responsible use to me. Certainly better than firing off rounds at a strip club or getting behind the wheel after a lot of drinking. Silly waste of taxpayer money to go after people for possessing a bag of reefer, NBA player or not.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Who, this guy?

(might be drunk, might be stoned, might have just huffed glue...)

I'm gonna buy those ear rings for my girlfriend

EDIT: i dont think 75 % of nba players some the cheeba. i would say its above 20% though...

you figure 2-3 guys per team do...2-3 out 15 players...

Last edited by MavsX; 09-06-2007 at 10:54 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #21
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Would larger players account for two people smoking weed?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #22
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Of 15....

2-3 players smoke it regularly.
3-4 smoke it once in a while.
1-2 hit it a few times a year.

Not sure what the %s work out to.....

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #23
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Reed was released by the rockets today... nothing "official" but i dont see why they would keep him.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #24
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

update: the charges were dropped by the officer
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb.../NEWS/70911040

hopefully he is dropped from the roster anyway