Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough
Default check out this vasilis spanoulis crossover.

After Marko Popovic tied the game at 76-76 with a pair of free-throws with seven seconds left in the game, Vasileios Spanoulis took the inbound pass and ran up court, hitting a three-pointer from the right wing at the buzzer to win it for Greece.

youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZtf_lr_es

recap: http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid...1.teamID_.html

box score: http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid...171-E-6-2.html
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

wow that was sick, nice swy

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Ha ha, the comments section is full of Rockets fans complaining about Van Gundy not playing this guy!
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

eh, they still got scola... what a deal

Contact Me
Old 09-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not so sure it was a sick crossover as much as it was just terrible defense by the other guy. Kinda reminds me of Jason Terry trying to handle Steve Nash back in Game Six of the '05 playoffs.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #6
alby
Guru

a little bit of both, making the guy spin 360 degrees is pretty embarassing

Nash did make JET fall as well tho

Contact Me
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Dallas Rulers Of Game

Dallas Rulers Of Game is on a distinguished road

Wasn't that Zoran Planinic that was guarding him?

Last edited by Dallas Rulers Of Game; 05-05-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Dallas Rulers Of Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

it was badd D and plus h kinda slipped ..but he was trailing the ball the whole time and thts bad D..still nice thou

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
alby
Guru

scola will be very good for Houston

Contact Me
Old 09-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #10
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Rulers Of Game
Wasn't that Zoran Planinic that he schooled?

BTW, I am a HUGE Mavs fan but live in Houston.

Let me tell you, ALL year Van Gundy screwed this guy. Don't worry about the Rockets getting Scola, it just made them WORSE.

This guy Spanoulis is the closest thing to Nash I have ever seen but he's LOCK DOWN on D.

Adelman would have turned him into an all-world point guard that would have crushed Terry and Harris.

Van Gundy is such an a-hole and loser.

Mavs made out VERY well that Van Gundy ticked Spanoulis off so much all they got for him was Scola.
Scola > Juwon Howard

Is the ">" by enough to make a real difference on that team? Meh, probably not.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Scola > Juwon Howard

Is the ">" by enough to make a real difference on that team? Meh, probably not.
I think you should be referring to Chuck Hayes rather than Juwan. And yes, I think Scola makes a huge difference over Chuck Hayes on offense.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #12
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I think you should be referring to Chuck Hayes rather than Juwan. And yes, I think Scola makes a huge difference over Chuck Hayes on offense.
I'm sticking with Scola being better than Howard. These days Howards offense is essentially limited to knocking down 15 foot jumpers when TMac or Yao drew extra attention. Scola can hit those shots as well as put the ball on the floor. Scola's also a pretty good passer. Neither Scola or Howard are great rebounders or defenders so that's a wash.

Chuck Hayes is a waste.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
Dallas Rulers Of Game

No doubt at all Scola is better than Howard and Hayes.

Last edited by Dallas Rulers Of Game; 05-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #14
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Chuck Hayes is a waste.
chuck hayes is a great hustle player. i wouldn't go to the extent of calling him a waste but it definitely would be better if he had a more proficient offensive game to add to his hustle.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #15
Dallas Rulers Of Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
chuck hayes is a great hustle player. i wouldn't go to the extent of calling him a waste but it definitely would be better if he had a more proficient offensive game to add to his hustle.
That's true. 15 minutes a game is about his PT I would think. Only coach that would start him is Van Gundy. After all he started Ryan Bowen and gave Alston 39 minutes one year and 37 the next.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:36 AM   #16
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

I'm glad vspan,j.howard, and JVG are gone and Scola, MJ, and Adelman are in.
Among the other changes like Francis returning.

we essentially got TMac and Mike James for Kelvin Cato and Cutino Mobley. Net effect is Tmac and MJ in and Cato and mobley out...that is unreal, genius moves.
The above made possible because we got Steve Francis back, so I omitted him from the above (tmac deal) deal. I also omitted receiving Juwan Howard in the deal and plugged in Mike James in his place because we just swapped those two as well.

Sprinkle in a little Scola and Battier. Simply by giving up some cash/future pick to SA and rights to Gay+ stro-swift. Plus, the development of Luther Head/signing of Chuck Hayes, made possible by the injury plagued 05-06 season and the ageless wonder Mutombo and the return of Mr. Potential-Bonzi Wells b/c of Adelman!!oh and the athleticism of Kirk Snyder and the drafting of Aaron Brooks and the potential shooting of novak......

is it October yet

Last edited by And1; 09-12-2007 at 01:38 AM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #17
Dallas Rulers Of Game

Rockets board hates this guy.

Last edited by Dallas Rulers Of Game; 05-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.