Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #41
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Probably what Dirk did all summer in the Outback.
I truly believe that as well. I think the Mavs just need to look internally at themselves and hopefully they will find the answer. I believe in the Mavs players/coaches, but I think they need to believe in themselves more. Maybe it is time to be more arrogant on/off the court. Put a little swagger in their step. I think this would go a long way in the end. MAYBE too many times, we were too modest in our success. Lets put a chip on our shoulder, and force teams to deal with it. I think that could put a big fire under this team. Just a thought, but I do think it would work out for the best. Lets start hitting teams in the mouth early and often. Lets become borderline dirty as well. We need to send messages to all the 2 guards in the league about coming into the lane. A clear message like that will go a long way in the playoffs. Just ask MJ
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #42
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Less You.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #43
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

You too...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I truly believe that as well. I think the Mavs just need to look internally at themselves and hopefully they will find the answer. I believe in the Mavs players/coaches, but I think they need to believe in themselves more. Maybe it is time to be more arrogant on/off the court. Put a little swagger in their step. I think this would go a long way in the end. MAYBE too many times, we were too modest in our success. Lets put a chip on our shoulder, and force teams to deal with it. I think that could put a big fire under this team. Just a thought, but I do think it would work out for the best. Lets start hitting teams in the mouth early and often. Lets become borderline dirty as well. We need to send messages to all the 2 guards in the league about coming into the lane. A clear message like that will go a long way in the playoffs. Just ask MJ

I think you forget that MJ was immune to the refs... Ask DWade how the Mavs fare when they put more "swagger" into their step...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #45
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

This is an awesome thread... I have nothing to add to it but I wanted to be in it...
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #46
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I think you forget that MJ was immune to the refs... Ask DWade how the Mavs fare when they put more "swagger" into their step...
MJ got immunity after the Pistons beat the shi* out of him for two straight years in the Eastern Conference Finals in the late 80's. That is the MJ that I am talking about. They nearly killed MJ in those two series. Seriously, the put a hurting on him and Pippen physically and mentally. Are you old enough to remember "The Jordan Rule"? That is what I am talking about..

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 09-15-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #47
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA was a different league in the 80s-early 90s.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
MJ got immunity after the Pistons beat the shi* out of him for two straight years in the Eastern Conference Finals in the late 80's. That is the MJ that I am talking about. They nearly killed MJ in those two series. Seriously, the put a hurting on him and Pippen physically and mentally. Are you old enough to remember "The Jordan Rule"? That is what I am talking about..

Yeah, I remember the "Jordan rule" - the Bad Boys were my team of the 80s, so I loved seeing them trounce that shoe-toting primadonna...

You're kind of supporting my point though: a "foul-prone" Jordan couldn't beat the no-name Pistons with all the swagger in the world, so what good is it going to do for Nowitzki? It seems like refs treat Dirk like a second-rate star at the foul line in certain matchups (hell, does anyone else on the Mavs get the "Jordan rule" called in their favor? Does Josh have to sell more shoes before he can consistently earn trips to the charity stripe? For that matter, are shoe sales why DWade got to go to the line more than the entire Mavs squad during at least one game of the Finals?)

Then again (read: I'm going to contradict myself), these Mavs remind me of the 80s Pistons as far as how much star power & respect they get (or don't get) from the rest of the NBA/media/refs... It might do them a bit of good to shut their critics up with a more physical game... Not that I want to see a Bill Lambier out there beating people up, but nice guys don't win rings in this game - just ask Bruce Bowen!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-15-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #49
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Getting beat by Golden State is like getting raped. It's inevitable. So quit complaining and sit back and enjoy it.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
Getting beat by Golden State is like getting raped. It's inevitable. So quit complaining and sit back and enjoy it.
like a Darth Ape post.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #51
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
like a Darth Ape post.
You said it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #52
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol "The Jordan Rule" isn't referring to special calls made for jordan, it's a set of defensive strategies the Pistons used against him.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #53
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Yeah, he was but that was after the "Jordan Rules". Pistons used to beat the shi* out of MJ and Pippen. Pistons established the "Jordan Rules" in order to keep Jordan out of the lane. It worked for two straight years in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Mavs should adapt the same type of rules for all players that come into the lane.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #54
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the mavericks don't have a bill lambier or dennis rodman or one of the best defensive guards of all time, joe dumars... totally different teams

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote