Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #81
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I understand, but people dont have to bash Jet like that. I take it personal, because I am a big Jet backer, and he does not deserve these insults from Mavs fans. You are new here, so maybe you have not been paying attention to all this trade Jet non-sense. I am very active, so I notice all of those posts about trading Jet. If you just scan, then maybe you miss all of that, and when you see my posts, then it seems like I am ranting. I am sick and tired of some of the Mavs fans turning on Jet like that.

We all have favorite players for the Mavs. I like them all, and am a avid season ticket holder, but enough is enough on the Jet trade jokes. I expect things like this from trolls, but not from Mavs fans on a constant basis. I can understand right after the playoff series with GS, because I even called for Dirk's head. We all were upset about our Mavs, but that was back in May. It is damn near October and the Jet bashing is still here. That is unacceptable to me, and many other Mavs fan. I am just more vocal in my posts about it. I am sorry if I seemed like I was just ranting, but I just think we should support our Mavs, especially now that the season is about here. Dont you think so?
i respect that man.. i agree with you
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I did not say you belong to the pro-Harris camp. Re-read my post again. You are trying to twist my words to say that dont respect opinions. That is simply NOT true. None of my posts says that. My posts backs up claims to NOT trade Jet. I reply to people who just want to trade off Jet for no reason or make up reasons to trade him because he did not play as well this playoffs.

I have had many discussions about this issue in the PM, and we all agree to disagree, and we understand both viewpoints. But, lately there has been alot of Jet bashing going on, and when people are bashing Jet, then you sneak in your Jet trade jabs along with them, then you get caught up in the crossfire.

I made a good pact with several of the pro-Harris camp members, and they are not attacking Jet like the past. But, it seems that a select few have decided to pick up and continue this bashing Jet mess. I have said many times that I really like Harris and fully support him. But, this other mess with bashing/jabbing at Jet has got to stop from Mavs fans. That is my whole point. If you claim we are rooting for the same team, then support Jet just like the rest of them. Then you will see I wont post back like this.

SUPPORT Jet. Jet is a Mavs player and is a very valuable piece to this team. All I ask is support all of the Mavs. That simple...

Who's "bashing" JET? ME?? Did you read what I wrote??? No, you didn't... (and you seem to be lumping different posters into the same persona)

I clearly stated that I'd love to have both JET and Devin on the team - how's that a "bash"? I said that if I could choose one, I'd chose Devin - how's that a "bash"?

If I chose Terry instead, would it be a "bash" against Devin? And why do you seem to be taking it so personally? Don't say it's because you're a "fan" because how is "bashing" one Mav's player any better/worse than "bashing" another?

Also, I didn't say anything about your accusation regarding the pro-Harris/Terry camps... I was simply stating that I don't believe in "camps" and I could care less about what you think I said because the words are clearly stated above - you can read them however you want, but nowhere in what I said did I even HINT that I care about what you did/didn't think about what I did/didn't say...

Oh, and the only PM I ever got from you was a negative rep reading: "Dumb post!!!!!!"... Wow, what an in-depth "discussion" we had about Jason Terry!

Can you see what's happened here? We're talking semantic "you-said-I-said" bullcrap rather than talking about basketball... The circle that we're dancing has NOTHING to do with the topic, it's just a personal attack to feed your ego (which you'll absolutely PROVE with your retort...)

Once again: we're all rooting for the same team here...

(there are Rockets trolls who show more respect to the posters on this board than you do)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-22-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: needed more cowbell
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #83
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Utah Jazz: Williams rips Kirilenko
The Jazz point guard says his disgruntled teammate needs to work harder on his game

The Jazz point guard says the forward was 'the first one out the door' after practice
By Steve Luhm
The Salt Lake Tribune

Utah point guard Deron Williams wants Andrei Kirilenko back with the Jazz next season, but hopes his unhappy teammate brings an improved work ethic with him.

In a Friday afternoon radio interview on 1280 The Zone, Williams told Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson and co-host Kevin Graham that Kirilenko can be "a special player for us" if he returns with the right attitude.

Referring to teammates Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur, Williams said, "You see Booz after practice shooting for 25 or 30 minutes. You see Memo shooting for 20 minutes. You see, you know, all the rookies. The young guys. You saw [Rafael Araujo] in there working. [Then] you see Andrei being the first one out the door."

As the Jazz's quarterback, Williams admitted he has looked for other targets with his passes because of Kirilenko's approach to the game last season.

"If he's coming off a screen on one side and Matt [Harpring] is coming off a screen on one side, who do you think you're going to pass to?" Williams said.

"You think you're going to pass to the guy you see working every day in the gym or are you going to pass to the guy who never works on his shot but yet wants to shoot 'em every time?"

Asked if Kirilenko's work ethic was a problem, Williams said, "I would say so."

Kirilenko averaged 8.3 points and 4.7 rebounds last season, when the Jazz won 51 games during the regular season and reached the Western Conference finals.

Those numbers are about half of what Kirilenko produced during his best season in 2003-04, when he averaged 16.5 points and 8.1 rebounds.

After leading Russia to the EuroLeague championship last week, Kirilenko was named the tournament MVP and lashed out at the Jazz and veteran coach Jerry Sloan. He demanded a trade and eventually suggested he was so unhappy that he might walk away from the $63 million that remains on his contract, which runs through 2011.

"I haven't been paying much attention to it," Williams said. "[But] I'll bet he's here on the first" of October.

The Jazz open training camp Oct. 2 in Boise.

"I've said before, we need Andrei," Williams said. "He's a great player for us. He can be a special player for us. There are not too many guys in the NBA who can come up and attack you like he can.

"He had a great EuroLeague tournament over there. He played well, got the MVP. I'm sure his confidence is up. But I don't see anyone walking away from $60 million."
What if Kirilenko does not return?

"It will definitely hurt us," Williams said. "But at the same time, guys don't want to sit across the locker room from a guy who doesn't want to be here. . . . I love Andrei - like him as a player, like him as a person. He can definitely be a special player for us. But he's not going to average 20 points a game."

Williams suggested that part of his job next season will be to help Kirilenko regain the confidence he lost last year: "I've got to get him ways to get him more touches, where he's comfortable and not just shooting jumpers because that's really not A.K.'s game. He'll be the first one to tell you that.

"But he can still work. . . . If you work on your shot, it's going to improve. Just because you can't shoot doesn't mean you shouldn't work on it - shouldn't mean you just give up on it. We definitely need to find ways - post him up more, [get him] slashing to the basket more. Find ways to utilize him within the offense."

Williams defended Sloan, who has been a target of harsh criticism from Kirilenko.
"I'm trying to win," Williams said. "I could be mad at Coach Sloan. I could hate Coach Sloan more than anything. But I'm still going to play for him, still going to play hard."

In a story published Friday in Russia's Sport-Express, Kirilenko repeated his desire to leave Utah and sever ties with the Jazz and Sloan.

"For the past two years, I've been going on the court and acting like a robot," Kirilenko told the newspaper. "When I signed my contract, the future looked completely different."

Jazz vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor said earlier this week that Kirilenko is under contract and is expected for the start of training camp. Contacted Friday night, O'Connor declined any further comment.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #84
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Terry has a GREAT work ethic, Deron.

Quote:
"If he's coming off a screen on one side and Matt [Harpring] is coming off a screen on one side, who do you think you're going to pass to?" Williams said.

You think you're going to pass to the guy you see working every day in the gym or are you going to pass to the guy who never works on his shot but yet wants to shoot 'em every time?

I love Andrei - like him as a player, like him as a person. He can definitely be a special player for us. But he's not going to average 20 points a game."
No, not if the point guard is being a petty punk. Your job, Deron, is to get everybody involved, not monitor post-practice attendance.

Quote:
Williams suggested that part of his job next season will be to help Kirilenko regain the confidence he lost last year: "I've got to get him ways to get him more touches, where he's comfortable and not just shooting jumpers because that's really not A.K.'s game. He'll be the first one to tell you that.
So Williams really failed in this part of his job last season?

Wow, just astounding frankness from Williams. Players rarely 'fess up so explicitly to this type of pettiness. Frankly, it's a lot clearer now why AK would want out of there. And even though DW says he wants him back, this kind of talk would seem to make it less likely.

Look south and east, Comrade.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 09-22-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #85
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Who's "bashing" JET? ME?? Did you read what I wrote??? No, you didn't... (and you seem to be lumping different posters into the same persona)

I clearly stated that I'd love to have both JET and Devin on the team - how's that a "bash"? I said that if I could choose one, I'd chose Devin - how's that a "bash"?

If I chose Terry instead, would it be a "bash" against Devin? And why do you seem to be taking it so personally? Don't say it's because you're a "fan" because how is "bashing" one Mav's player any better/worse than "bashing" another?

Also, I didn't say anything about your accusation regarding the pro-Harris/Terry camps... I was simply stating that I don't believe in "camps" and I could care less about what you think I said because the words are clearly stated above - you can read them however you want, but nowhere in what I said did I even HINT that I care about what you did/didn't think about what I did/didn't say...

Oh, and the only PM I ever got from you was a negative rep reading: "Dumb post!!!!!!"... Wow, what an in-depth "discussion" we had about Jason Terry!

Can you see what's happened here? We're talking semantic "you-said-I-said" bullcrap rather than talking about basketball... The circle that we're dancing has NOTHING to do with the topic, it's just a personal attack to feed your ego (which you'll absolutely PROVE with your retort...)

Once again: we're all rooting for the same team here...

(there are Rockets trolls who show more respect to the posters on this board than you do)
Underdog,
I am through with the Jet/Harris stuff, but please you just seem to 4get that the negative reps started with you. Did it not?

That is crazy for you to even mention trolls, but when you bash Jet like that, then I consider that as a troll, so yes I may treat trolls with little respect. But, like I said. I am through with it. If you continue, then you will be talking alone w/o me.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #86
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber
Utah Jazz: Williams rips Kirilenko
The Jazz point guard says his disgruntled teammate needs to work harder on his game

The Jazz point guard says the forward was 'the first one out the door' after practice
By Steve Luhm
The Salt Lake Tribune

Utah point guard Deron Williams wants Andrei Kirilenko back with the Jazz next season, but hopes his unhappy teammate brings an improved work ethic with him.

In a Friday afternoon radio interview on 1280 The Zone, Williams told Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson and co-host Kevin Graham that Kirilenko can be "a special player for us" if he returns with the right attitude.

Referring to teammates Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur, Williams said, "You see Booz after practice shooting for 25 or 30 minutes. You see Memo shooting for 20 minutes. You see, you know, all the rookies. The young guys. You saw [Rafael Araujo] in there working. [Then] you see Andrei being the first one out the door."

As the Jazz's quarterback, Williams admitted he has looked for other targets with his passes because of Kirilenko's approach to the game last season.

"You think you're going to pass to the guy you see working every day in the gym or are you going to pass to the guy who never works on his shot but yet wants to shoot 'em every time?"

Asked if Kirilenko's work ethic was a problem, Williams said, "I would say so."

Kirilenko averaged 8.3 points and 4.7 rebounds last season, when the Jazz won 51 games during the regular season and reached the Western Conference finals.

Those numbers are about half of what Kirilenko produced during his best season in 2003-04, when he averaged 16.5 points and 8.1 rebounds.

After leading Russia to the EuroLeague championship last week, Kirilenko was named the tournament MVP and lashed out at the Jazz and veteran coach Jerry Sloan. He demanded a trade and eventually suggested he was so unhappy that he might walk away from the $63 million that remains on his contract, which runs through 2011.

"I haven't been paying much attention to it," Williams said. "[But] I'll bet he's here on the first" of October.

The Jazz open training camp Oct. 2 in Boise.

"I've said before, we need Andrei," Williams said. "He's a great player for us. He can be a special player for us. There are not too many guys in the NBA who can come up and attack you like he can.

"He had a great EuroLeague tournament over there. He played well, got the MVP. I'm sure his confidence is up. But I don't see anyone walking away from $60 million."
What if Kirilenko does not return?

"It will definitely hurt us," Williams said. "But at the same time, guys don't want to sit across the locker room from a guy who doesn't want to be here. . . . I love Andrei - like him as a player, like him as a person. He can definitely be a special player for us. But he's not going to average 20 points a game."

"But he can still work. . . . If you work on your shot, it's going to improve. Just because you can't shoot doesn't mean you shouldn't work on it - shouldn't mean you just give up on it. We definitely need to find ways - post him up more, [get him] slashing to the basket more. Find ways to utilize him within the offense."

Williams defended Sloan, who has been a target of harsh criticism from Kirilenko.
"I'm trying to win," Williams said. "I could be mad at Coach Sloan. I could hate Coach Sloan more than anything. But I'm still going to play for him, still going to play hard."

In a story published Friday in Russia's Sport-Express, Kirilenko repeated his desire to leave Utah and sever ties with the Jazz and Sloan.

"For the past two years, I've been going on the court and acting like a robot," Kirilenko told the newspaper. "When I signed my contract, the future looked completely different."

Jazz vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor said earlier this week that Kirilenko is under contract and is expected for the start of training camp. Contacted Friday night, O'Connor declined any further comment.
Great article. This goes to show that I was right about AK. He does not want to work hard, and his attitude is bad. We have the coach, Utah VP and Deron all saying the exact same thing about AK. They even mentioned how he is not a good shooter as well. I truly believe the Mavs staff dont want someone like this on this Mavs team. This also dispels all the rumors about how AK is just mad because they are mis-using him in the game. The problem is AK and his work ethic. Now watch the Deron bashing start from some here becaue he spoke up against a sorry, lazy AK..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #87
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Your right about AK because Williams agrees with you? Okay there... (and for the record I don't see ANYONE bashing Jet in this thread). Wanting to trade him is not bashing, if it was then you would have been 'bashing' Dirk early in the offseason when you wanted a trade for KG.

And as far as AK's game goes it looked pretty damn good at Eurobasket when his PG was in fact giving him the ball. I don't think he really needs to work on it, he's been a scapegoat for that entire team, yet another reason it's not surprise he wants out. Like Jack said, Deron shouldn't be blaming AK, he should be blaming himself for not doing his job as a playmaker. He states that jumpers are not AK's game, yet whenever he passed him the ball thats all he was in position for... does that make sense to anyone here?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #88
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Kirilenko wants out; Dallas an option?
By Matt Carter | September 22nd, 2007

Andrei Kirilenko wants out of Utah. That seems to be the general consensus, at least with the increasing number of stories the Salt Lake Tribune is publishing about it.

Kirilenko initially told the Russian Sport Express of his desire to move away from Jerry Sloan and Utah, which also claims he would be willing to walk away from the $63 million remaining on his contract in order to do so. The most recent story suggests that Utah’s teammates don’t even necessarily want him back. In an interview with radio station 1280 The Zone Deron Williams openly criticized Kirilenko’s work ethic, claiming he was “always the first guy off the court” and didn’t always feel the desire to pass to him over some of the harder-working players.

If this news doesn’t indicate Kirilenko will be traded (or possibly be off to Europe) soon, I don’t know what will. Jerry Sloan’s not going to be willing to put up with an unhappy player from an extended period of time, and Kirilenko has said he’d be willing to join up with any franchise just as long as it’s not the Jazz. I’d assume there to be at least 12 to 15 teams that would at least make a call about Andrei, even in spite of the recent claims about his work ethic.

Would Dallas be one potential suitor? It’s hard to imagine that they wouldn’t at least make a call. Kirilenko is one of the better defenders in the NBA, and his offensive game (with the exception of last season) is pretty solid. He seems like a perfect player at the 3 position to run alongside Dirk Nowitzki.

As with all trades, the problem would simply be sending off an attractive package that Utah would be willing to accept. We can pretty much assume that Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard, and Devin Harris aren’t being dealt anytime soon. Most of the trade rumor talk this summer has centered on Jason Terry, and his salary would put a massive dent in acquiring AK47. It would take another player to make the deal, possibly Greg Buckner. Buckner would actually be a decent fit in Utah due to his defensive intensity and ability to shoot the three ball (even if he didn’t show it much in Dallas). The problem would more or less be finding a spot for Terry on the Utah roster. With Deron Williams most of their minutes at the PG position will be taken, and starting Terry at the 2 would give Utah a pretty small backcourt. We were willing to start both Terry and Harris, but I’m not sure Utah wants to give up that much size in the backcourt. Terry would probably take on a role similar to Derek Fisher last season, as a guy to hit open shots and provide energy.

Personally I’d like to see if it is possible to execute a trade without sending Terry away, as I think he’s been an important part of the team for the past three years. Unfortunately I’m not sure Utah would want Jerry Stackhouse and his injury problems, or Erick Dampier and his contract. DeSagana Diop may intrigue them simply because he’d be a good compliment on defense to Carlos Boozer, but if we included him there’d still be a good bit of salary to accumulate. Therefore you’d probably have to get a third team involved, but I’m not sure any other team would be that interested without getting Kirilenko in return. It would probably have to include a good many players and salary, more change than Dallas really needs.

As much as I like Kirilenko’s game, I don’t think it’s very likely that a trade will happen with Dallas. Donnie Nelson has made it pretty clear this summer that unless he is offered a “home run deal” he’s not making any moves. Getting Kirilenko would be a solid move, but unless we found a way to not include Terry, Howard, Harris, or Dirk I’d hardly consider getting AK47 a home run.

I’ll have more as the story develops.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #89
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Kirilenko doesn't want to return to Utah
Associated Press, Updated 20 hours ago

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Disgruntled forward Andrei Kirilenko is apparently willing to accept any option that will get him away from Utah.

Whether he really has any choices will be up to the Jazz.
Kirilenko repeated his trade request to a Russian newspaper, saying he is unhappy playing the structured style Utah coach Jerry Sloan demands. Unfortunately for Kirilenko, the $86 million deal he signed three years ago has him under contract with the Jazz through 2011.

"For the past two years I've been going on the court and acting like a robot," Kirilenko told Russia's Sport-Express in a story published Friday. "When I signed my contract the future looked completely different — I thought I would play, win and get pleasure from it. Unfortunately, this is out of the question now — even in successful games. This is the worst feeling."

Kirilenko, who just led Russia to the European championship, said he is even considering leaving the NBA and signing with a European team. But he can't do that while Utah still holds his rights.

And the Jazz may not be very agreeable when Kirilenko's request is based primarily on his deteriorated relationship with Sloan, who is entering his 20th season as Utah's coach. The team's only comment since Kirilenko went public this week has been that he is under contract and expected to be there when practice begins on Oct. 2.

Even team owner Larry Miller, who is openly critical when he's not happy with a player, is not commenting on Kirilenko's request.

Unless Kirilenko and agent Marc Fleisher, who did not return messages Friday, can work out a buyout or persuade the Jazz to trade him, Kirilenko's only options will be to sit out or return for a seventh season in Utah.

"Anyway, while my contract with the Jazz is in place, I don't have the right to negotiate," Kirilenko said. "I think there will be offers. But it's meaningless to talk about that now."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7250782
Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 AM   #90
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
AK47 > Terry
Harris/Howard/AK47/Dirk > Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk

AK47 > Harris
Terry/Howard/AK47/Dirk > Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk

Why are we arguing this point again? I thought this was pretty much common sense.

Utah wouldn't want Harris because they have Deron and Brown at the PG position, however, Terry--they might think about to replace Fisher's role. But honestly, that is not fair to Fisher because the man can play defense.

Utah's Brown headed to Turkey

Associated Press, Updated 1 day ago

The Jazz are stocked at point guard and were unlikely to have room for Brown, who played 49 games as a rookie last season. Utah signed guards Ronnie Price and Jason Hart over the summer, giving them two backups to starter Deron Williams.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7262042

So Brown is gone, but the Jazz already had a logjam at that spot. I didn't know they signed Hart. I remember him being pretty good alongside Brevin Knight. It looks like there's still only the Fisher-replacement option for getting AK.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:45 AM   #91
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

make it happen

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote