Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are the Cavs doing?

You've got to wonder how important the Cavs believe Pavlovic and Varejao are to the future of the team. Both of these guys played big minutes last year when the Cavs went to the Finals, so I would think that they would have put forth more efffort in signing at least one of these guys. Even though in the end they will likely play for the Cavs this season, it seems to me that next year when they become unrestricted free agents they are going to bolt. Are the Cavs dumb or are these two guys just not very good?

Monday, September 24, 2007
Branson Wright
Plain Dealer Reporter

The Cavaliers begin training camp next week, and they still have not signed restricted free agents Sasha Pavlovic and Anderson Varejao.

The Cavs and Pavlovic are so far apart on a deal - according to Marc Cornstein, Pavlovic's agent - that Pavlovic may decide to play in Europe.

"That's something we have to explore," Cornstein said. "European teams have larger budgets, and the Euro is strong. I'm not doing my job if we don't explore all options."

There are reports that Dan Fegan, Varejao's agent, also will explore overseas options.

Since Varejao and Pavlovic are restricted free agents, the Cavs can match any offer sheet presented to either player. There's also the possibility of a sign-and-trade. Both could play this season on a one-year tender offer and become unrestricted free agents next summer.

That sounds unlikely for Pavlovic.

"Sasha has no intentions of signing a qualifying offer," Cornstein said. "Sasha had a good season. He became one of the core players that helped Cleveland get to the Finals. What we're looking for is not an unreasonable amount."
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I heard a lot of people talking about these guys on here like they are great and IMO neither is tht good. Poeple are making Pavlovic seem like a great defender and he is not he is OK on offense...AV hustles but his best skill is flopping and its not working the last few years...Soo they are not tht good IMO and thts why the Cavs are waiting

** I wouldnt want either on the Mavs

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 09-24-2007 at 11:38 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Varejao is terrible
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I like Pavlovic but Varejao reminds me of Najera. He's a hustle guy and rebounds but his game gets much more hyped than it should be.

It's not that they're both terrible but can the Cavs afford to lose 2 pieces like they're trying to?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

They're just going with an all Lebron team. Grandpa Lebron from the commercial, the gay Lebron, Cool Lebron, Kid Lebron and Eric Snow.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Varejao is like a BIG Najera, and is a heck of a player. Works hard, good strength, decent quickness and some skills on offense. He'd be the second best big man on the Mavs.

Pavlovic I don't like as well, but if he were with the Mavs he'd probably start along with Howard at the 2/3.

I have no idea what Cleveland is doing--without these two guys they get home court advantage in the first round of the play offs.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Varejao is terrible
Agreed.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

they're in the East...so who cares?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote