Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default SSN Site

visit www.ssa.gov/estimator

You can go through and calculate what you might get from SSN upon retirement.

Saddly, looks like I will see about 1500 per month...I can't live on 1500 per month today, how bad will that look in 27 years?

We need to drastically rethink how we do SSN.

I am willing to pay the cost by opening up an individual SSN account that is invested and returns at a higher rate than the SSN, while still supplying funds to take care of the current folks under the SSN.

My hope would be that when I start collecting, we could be off of the SSN Welfare system and that everyone will be under some type of true retirement system.

Our individual accounts can be passed onto our spouse and children and grandchildren.

If I die, before I retire...all that money is lost...but if its a retirement account, then what I have invested during my life in my working years stays in my family, as it should.

And the account would net me more on a monthly basis than the SSN system will.

Now fortunately, I have a 401K going and I am getting ready to start and Individual IRA so that I don't get hit with more taxes when I am old.

The problem with the 401K plan is that although it is tax free now, I will pay the tax rate when I pull the money out upon retirement.

With an individual IRA plan, I pay taxes on my income, even while I invest into the IRA, but i will NOT pay taxes when I pull the money out in the future.

This whole freakin tax thing is nuts...the older I get, the more money I am able to acquire through work and investment the more the Government wants to acquire from me.

I pay more in taxes on yearly basis today, than I earned my first year in the military in 1986!!! Not to mention a MUCH HIGHER %!!!

I still want to know how I, a paying citizen can AUDIT the government? I want to know where every penny that I have paid goes. Let me voice my opinion about what is wasteful spending and what is not...it's my dollar, why should I not get a voice on where it goes?

Last edited by 92bDad; 07-22-2008 at 02:03 PM.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you say Ponzi-scheme? That's all it is. And it is doomed, demographics will kill it eventually.

Don't count on it AT ALL. Make sure you either are in a 401K at work or in one yourself, because it's doomed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Agree you should just create your own retirement plan and just think of the SSN as gravy that may or may not be available...

See my thread about the Depression...

You (and I) need to be saving money and preparing for a suffering American population.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter