Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
You understand it, you just have no answer for it.

Whether or not it was a mistake has been argued a billion times. Claiming Cuban did it expressly to undermine Nellie is a new low for you, which is impressive, given the previous standard.
A new low? Dear lord, that's been my claim all along,

As long as Nash is playing, the Mavs will never win a title. Sadly, it's true.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2007, 11:25 PM   #82
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
A new low? Dear lord, that's been my claim all along,

Why, because of some "Curse of Nash"?

Because certainly it's not that the Suns are standing in our way. I hope that's not what you're claiming.

Who am I kidding, I know that's what you're claiming. But it's so ridiculous, sometimes I just try to pretend it's now what you think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:00 AM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not if you believe that he thought undermining Nellie was a good idea. Which is what I think most reasonable people believe.
What purpose could it serve "reasonable" person? If cubes wanted to get rid of nellie he would have just gotten rid of him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #84
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It always amazes me how little Donnie Nelson* seems to come up in these Cuban vs Nellie wastes-of-time-we-call-discussions, as if he has nothing to do with all of this....
Old 09-10-2007, 12:30 AM   #85
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I know, he must have the greatest job in the world. He just hangs out at the ghost bar, buying drinks for folks and has no responsiblity. What a gig..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 AM   #86
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Giggle.

He sure stood in our way in '06. Man, if it weren't for him, we would have won the whole damn thing.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #87
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Donnie Nelson is one of the classiest guys working in professional sports.

The awesome thing about him is that he is awesome at his job as well.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #88
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Nellie was bluffing. He took the Warriors' offer making the second year a team option.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3019137
Restructured deal with Warriors offers Nelson raise

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Don Nelson has reached an agreement with the Golden State Warriors and will return to coach the team for at least one more season, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

Nelson, who led the Warriors to a first-round upset of the heavily favored Dallas Mavericks in last season's playoffs, accepted a restructuring of the remaining two years on his contract. His salary will increase to $5.1 million from $3.1 million, but the final season on the deal is now a team option rather than guaranteed money, according to the report.

"I'm excited to come back and coach the team," Nelson told the newspaper. "The Bay Area's perfect for us, I love working with [team executive vice president Chris Mullin], I love the staff. There's so many positives here."

Warriors team president Robert Rowell told the newspaper that a deal is close to being finalized.

"We are definitely rounding third base," Rowell said, according to the newspaper. "We obviously have some details to work out, but we feel strongly that this is moving in the direction we all want this to move."

Nelson said the deal also includes a clause that gives him a five-year consulting deal worth $1 million if the team chooses not to exercise the option for 2008-09.

"It's a gesture on our part to keep Don a part of the franchise, because we appreciate and respect what he's done for us and what he means to the Warriors," Rowell told the newspaper.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
".....because we appreciate and respect what he's done for us and what he means to the Warriors,"
I wonder if my boss would appreciate it and respect me if I belligerantly failed to honor commitments I've made to the company and demanded more money...

Nellie = T.O.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #90
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I wonder if my boss would appreciate it and respect me if I belligerantly failed to honor commitments I've made to the company and demanded more money...

Nellie = T.O.
Depends. Did you also singlehandedly turn around your company's performance and send profits soaring through the roof?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Depends. Did you also singlehandedly turn around your company's performance and send profits soaring through the roof?
So, if Nellie had completely failed last season, would it have been ok for the Warriors to decide they didn't want to fulfill their contract this season, and refuse to pay him, or decide to pay him considerably less?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #92
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
T.O. will do that this season. =O (With a little help from Romo)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #93
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
So, if Nellie had completely failed last season, would it have been ok for the Warriors to decide they didn't want to fulfill their contract this season, and refuse to pay him, or decide to pay him considerably less?
No, that's not the way these things work.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #94
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
No, that's not the way these things work.
lol. These things. Like this is something everyone does.

Threatening to retire unless the contract is renegotiated it also not how things work, for most people.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-14-2007, 02:05 PM   #95
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

GSW shoulda insisted that if he didn't get the team back to the 2nd round that he would haveta re-pay the raise.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #96
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
See, that's the thing.

And don't get me wrong, I would love to have a beer with Nellie. I think he's a funny guy. I love to listen to his interviews.

I just don't understand this way he has about him when it comes to money.

Oh hey, by the way, did Seah Peyton have a very public battle over wanting more money "or else" after leading the Saints to their most succesful year in franchise history?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
See, that's the thing.

And don't get me wrong, I would love to have a beer with Nellie. I think he's a funny guy. I love to listen to his interviews.

I just don't understand this way he has about him when it comes to money.

Oh hey, by the way, did Seah Peyton have a very public battle over wanting more money "or else" after leading the Saints to their most succesful year in franchise history?
Sean Payton is no Don Nelson. And the NFL is not the NBA.

I don't know why you guys can't just be happy for Nellie.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #98
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

I can be happy for him, but I still have to laugh that Golden State called his bluff.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:36 AM   #99
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie Agrees To New Deal With Golden State
http://www.mercurynews.com/sportshea...nclick_check=1
September 14, 2007 - 11:33 am
San Jose Mercury News -
Don Nelson said Thursday that he has reached an agreement in principle with the team on a reworked deal that will bring him back for at least one more season.

Nelson, who originally signed a three-year deal in August 2006, relented and accepted the team's initial offer made several weeks ago. His base salary for each of the remaining two years will jump to $5.1 million from $3.1 million, but the final season is now a team option rather than guaranteed cash.

"I'm excited to come back and coach the team," Nelson said. "The Bay Area's perfect for us (Nelson and his wife, Joy), I love working with Mully (executive vice president Chris Mullin), I love the staff. There's so many positives here."

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-15-2007 at 06:36 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #100
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what a businessman

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote