Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default AK47 fires a few rounds

http://www.sports.ru/blog/kirilenko/3427761.html

Coach Sloan is one of the reasons, but not the only one. За шесть проведенных в НБА лет, я, безусловно, приобрел колоссальный опыт. Six of the NBA years, I, of course, has enormous experience. Абсолютно понятно, что НБА – сильнейшая лига мира. It is clear that the NBA-strongest league world. Каждая игра делает тебя лучше как игрока только потому, что это вызов. Every game makes you better as a player only because it is a challenge. Вызов на бой. Call for battle. Такие условия закаляют. Such conditions zakalyayut. Все эти слова были справедливы для меня, за исключением двух последних сезонов. All these words have been fair to me, except for the last two seasons. Сейчас чувствую, что не прогрессирую как игрок. I now feel that progressiruyu not as a player. Стараюсь, но не получается. I try, but fails. Не дают. Do not give. Не получаю поддержки тренера и клуба. Do not get support coach and the club. Убежден, что методы Слоуна оказывают на меня отрицательное воздействие. I am convinced that the methods Sloan had a negative impact on me. Его основной способ мотивации игроков – воспитание чувства вины. His main method of motivating players - care guilt. Наши зарплаты, наши ошибки в матчах, наши поступки вне площадки – всегда повод для упрека. Our wages, our mistakes in the games, our actions outside the track is always cause for criticism. Хочу играть в баскетбол, хочу получать удовольствие от него, а не быть роботом, винтиком системы Слоуна. I want to play basketball, I want to enjoy it and not be a robot, piece of Sloan. Поэтому не вижу своего будущего в команде «Юта Джаз». Therefore, do not see their future in the team, "Utah Jazz.

Да, у меня большой, дорогой контракт. Yes, I have a big, expensive contract. Но уверен, что никогда не был неискренен или непорядочен по отношению к болельщикам «Джаз». But sure that never says or neporyadochen against the "Jazz fans." Невероятно признателен им за любовь ко мне, за поддержку. Incredibly grateful for the love me, for their support. Они помогали мне с первой минуты пребывания в Солт-Лейк-Сити. They helped me from the first minute stay in Salt Lake City. Не сомневаюсь, они поймут мотивы, которые мной движут. No doubt, they will understand the reasons that motivated me. Я никому не говорил этого ранее, но несколько недель назад я разговаривал с генеральным менеджером «Юты» Кевином О'Коннором. I did not say that to anyone before, but a few weeks ago I spoke with the general manager "Yuty" Kevin O 'Connor. Я сказал ему, что не вижу себя в команде и хочу уйти. I told him do not see themselves in a team and want to leave. Совершенно ясно, что с мы с «Ютой» по-разному смотрим на мое место и роль в команде. It is clear that we are "different" Yutoy look at my place and role in the team. Не хочу, чтобы я и мой контракт были обузой клубу, хочу, чтобы он шел своим курсом. I do not want that, I and my contract was drag club, I would like to take its course. Это его выбор. This is his choice. И у меня лишь одна просьба – дайте мне идти в том направлении, куда я хочу. And I have only one request-let me go in the direction where I want. Не хочу отбывать номер, механически исполнять контракт. I do not want to serve the number mechanically perform the contract. К сожалению, прошло больше недели, а от руководства «Джаз» нет никакого ответа, ни отрицательного, ни положительного. Unfortunately, the past week more, and the leaders of "Jazz" no response, no negative or positive. И его молчание – еще одно свидетельство отношения ко мне. And his silence is another example of me. Тем не менее, очень надеюсь, руководство «Юты» все же поймет, что наши отношения исчерпали себя и нам стоит расстаться. Nevertheless, it is hope, the "Concept" still understand that our relationship has exhausted itself and us is to part. (translated from Russian)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-19-2007 at 11:47 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

AK has done this a couple of times. Sloan is a very good coach and if AK cant make it with a coach like that, then I dont see any need to have him here with the Mavs. I personally dont want a player like that on our team. AK should keep his mouth shut and discuss these things in private. I can see if Utah was not winning and he was tired of losing, but this guy is starting about himself. This shows me he is NOT a team player. All he cares about is what he does.

This guy is tired of winning with Utah?????
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
This guy is tired of winning with Utah?????
He's probably just tired of LIVING in Utah.

I know I would want out.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
He's probably just tired of LIVING in Utah.

I know I would want out.
Yeah, but whining while you are on a winning team is not good business if you want out. It seems to be a selfish decision he is making. I wonder what Utah can get back in return for a disgruntled player? When he let the cat out of the bag like that, it puts Utah in a bad position because now GM's are going to low ball them on a trade.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Initially I said i'd love for Kirilenko to be here but I take that back. He doesn't want to be a robot? You don't get much better than Jerry Sloan. I'd probably trade him for Stack but otherwise i'd stay away from him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Are you joking Silk? He has every reason to whine, he's been put out of his element and asked to do things a player of his style is not meant to do. The Jazz are making the least of his talents, I don't know what more evidence you need of that.

Sloan has turned him into a jump shooter... now if you watch at Eurobasket (and the year Boozer was out) he is clearly more comfortable with OTHER offensive techniques. Wouldn't you be a little upset if you were being ridiculed for being a max deal player that is not producing when it's really the systems fault your numbers are down?

Free AK-47!! (preferably to Dallas)
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Are you joking Silk? He has every reason to whine, he's been put out of his element and asked to do things a player of his style is not meant to do. The Jazz are making the least of his talents, I don't know what more evidence you need of that.

Sloan has turned him into a jump shooter... now if you watch at Eurobasket (and the year Boozer was out) he is clearly more comfortable with OTHER offensive techniques. Wouldn't you be a little upset if you were being ridiculed for being a max deal player that is not producing when it's really the systems fault your numbers are down?

what he said... except to houston
Old 09-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Actual english evidence....

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_6937933
Quote:
Kirilenko wants out

Sep 19:

11:57 AM- Andrei Kirilenko's trade demand, made in a blog posting on a Russian Web site Tuesday, were the words of the Jazz's frustrated forward, The Salt Lake Tribune has confirmed.

Kirilenko still plans to report to Salt Lake City by Oct. 1 for the start of training camp, although the Jazz must decide whether they will accommodate Kirilenko's request.

The trade demand was more than a year in the making and probably would have come about last season, except Kirilenko opted to keep quiet with the Jazz enjoying such a successful season.

But Kirilenko was said to be unable to stomach the thought of returning to Utah, especially after rekindling his love of basketball playing for Russia's European championship winning team.

Whether Kirilenko's relationship with the Jazz, and especially with coach Jerry Sloan, could be salvaged was uncertain. Kirilenko's trade demand was in part the product of realizing that Sloan will remain the Jazz's coach for the foreseeable future.

Kirilenko's frustration with the Jazz has been a recurring subject of conversation with Kevin O'Connor, Utah's senior vice president of basketball operations, and the team has fielded proposed trades all summer.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

so AK wants to go to Europe?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see AK being worth more than something like an inconsistent shooting combo-guard, who occasionally attempts to masquerade as a point guard, but who can't make plays or defend to save his life.

Anybody know where to find one of those?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #11
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
I really don't see AK being worth more than something like an inconsistent shooting combo-guard, who occasionally attempts to masquerade as a point guard, but who can't make plays or defend to save his life.

Jason Terry
Old 09-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #12
cruel_summer

cruel_summer has a spectacular aura aboutcruel_summer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Too funny! Too bad that the Jazz would probably laugh at an AK for Jet deal. However they once signed Terry to an offer sheet so maybe we could sweeten the deal a bit. Would love to have AK here as long as we are not trading away Josh or Dirk.
cruel_summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I'd still consider trading Josh... but man if we could get him for Terry and bait it would solve all of our immediately pressing problems. Can you say defensive juggernaut?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #14
cruel_summer

cruel_summer has a spectacular aura aboutcruel_summer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'd still consider trading Josh... but man if we could get him for Terry and bait it would solve all of our immediately pressing problems. Can you say defensive juggernaut?
I wouldn't trade him for Josh, especially since AK is a max guy, but I would offer Terry and pieces/draft picks if indeed he's available. I heard a rumored Marion for AK deal, and Marion >>>>> Terry. Utah made the WCF (with help from the Mavs) and they do have a nice team, so I doubt they give him away. But he seems to be on the outs with Sloan and their core appears to be D. Williams/Boozer/Okur so he would be expendable. The guy can still play, but he isn't happy in Utah. I think he would work better next to Dirk than Boozer, and you could slide Josh to SG. A pipe dream though as we won't get AK.....
cruel_summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #15
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, they called themselves sports writers
Old 09-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

AK is a headcase and problem child. He has done this for two straight years. Why do people keep giving certain types of people free pass, but other types of people nothing? It is starting to get a little fishy. Let time I checked, headcases that wanted to be traded were bad news and are not the type of players the Mavs need/want. For example. Nick Van Exel, Spreewell and Artest. Everyone did not want them because they caused problems for their team, but AK does this and he has a right to do it? Double standards??

AK is not wanted here in Dallas. He is a problem child, and if he does not make it with a Sloan type of coach with a max deal, then he should go fu** himself and go back to Europe. If US max money and a HOF coach(Sloan) is not good enough for him, get the hell out of the US!!!! Seriously!!!! We dont need you!!!!

Utah can't have Jet or Howard for AK. Now, I may give them Harris Harris got a max deal, so I will trade you one overpaid player for another overpaid player. Then move Harris to SG, because he sure as hell wont beat out D.Williams for the PG slot. Hell, he cant even beat out Jet here..LMAO

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 09-19-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #17
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AK is a headcase and problem child. He has done this for two straight years. Why do people keep giving certain types of people free pass, but other types of people nothing? It is starting to get a little fishy. Let time I checked, headcases that wanted to be traded were bad news and are not the type of players the Mavs need/want. For example. Nick Van Exel, Spreewell and Artest. Everyone did not want them because they caused problems for their team, but AK does this and he has a right to do it? Double standards??

AK is not wanted here in Dallas. He is a problem child, and if he does not make it with a Sloan type of coach with a max deal, then he should go fu** himself and go back to Europe. If US max money and a HOF coach(Sloan) is not good enough for him, get the hell out of the US!!!! Seriously!!!! We dont need you!!!!

Utah can't have Jet or Howard for AK. Now, I may give them Harris Harris got a max deal, so I will trade you one overpaid player for another overpaid player. Then move Harris to SG, because he sure as hell wont beat out D.Williams for the PG slot. Hell, he cant even beat out Jet here..LMAO
What a pantsload.

AK has done NOTHING comparably negative to what Sprewell, Artest did. He has not physically attacked anyone, nor has he provoked any kind of brawl. On the contrary, during last year's playoffs, he had a bad series against Houston, then came back, sucked it up, played hard and productively against the Warriors. His shortcoming? Giving an interview in the off-season to a foreign-language newspaper. Sloan is a great coach, but there has been a long line of stars to come out of Utah not liking him personally. He's no picnic to play for. Sounds like you're trying to do a little thinly-disguised race baiting.

AK would be a great fit in Dallas. If it's a pipe dream, it's because Dallas doesn't have anyone after Dirk and Devin who Utah would even consider taking on.

By the way, apparently no one has read the memo to you yet, but Devin is headed out for the opening tip. JET is having his ass measured for a custom seat on the bench.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #18
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
What a pantsload.

AK has done NOTHING comparably negative to what Sprewell, Artest did. He has not physically attacked anyone, nor has he provoked any kind of brawl. On the contrary, during last year's playoffs, he had a bad series against Houston, then came back, sucked it up, played hard and productively against the Warriors. His shortcoming? Giving an interview in the off-season to a foreign-language newspaper. Sloan is a great coach, but there has been a long line of stars to come out of Utah not liking him personally. He's no picnic to play for. Sounds like you're trying to do a little thinly-disguised race baiting.

AK would be a great fit in Dallas. If it's a pipe dream, it's because Dallas doesn't have anyone after Dirk and Devin who Utah would even consider taking on.

By the way, apparently no one has read the memo to you yet, but Devin is headed out for the opening tip. JET is having his ass measured for a custom seat on the bench.
Are you still claiming to be a sports writer, or have you stopped using the word writer so loosely? Stop comparing the depth of being a as*hole and distruption to a team. AK is a distruption to the team, and is a cancer. I have not heard any players saying bad things against Sloan. Stop trying to side for the cancer player. AK is a cancer, and every other GM knows it, and that is why Utah have NOT been able to trade AK. Plus, AK is a cry baby as well.

I could give a rats as* about Jet going to the bench. If Jet is going to the bench, it has nothing to do with getting outplayed by Harris. Bet your so-called media pass on that

Stop trying to make Devin out to be the 2nd best player on the Mavs team. That was pure silly for you to mention Dirk and Harris in the same sentence when it comes to value for a trade. Stop pumping Harris to be more than he has been. It is what it is. Now go use a pencil and write a story on that. Pencil pusher !!!!! I wont fall for the race bait as well.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #19
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
Are you still claiming to be a sports writer, or have you stopped using the word writer so loosely? Stop comparing the depth of being a as*hole and distruption to a team. AK is a distruption to the team, and is a cancer. I have not heard any players saying bad things against Sloan. Stop trying to side for the cancer player. AK is a cancer, and every other GM knows it, and that is why Utah have NOT been able to trade AK. Plus, AK is a cry baby as well.

I could give a rats as* about Jet going to the bench. If Jet is going to the bench, it has nothing to do with getting outplayed by Harris. Bet your so-called media pass on that

Stop trying to make Devin out to be the 2nd best player on the Mavs team. That was pure silly for you to mention Dirk and Harris in the same sentence when it comes to value for a trade. Stop pumping Harris to be more than he has been. It is what it is. Now go use a pencil and write a story on that. Pencil pusher !!!!! I wont fall for the race bait as well.
You're an idiot. The other posts in this thread are Shakespeare compared to the nut-hugging drivel you defecate about Terry. That said, you're also a liar or an illiterate because I never suggested that I had been a sportswriter. Talk about slumming.

AK is an All-Star and one of the best defenders in the league. If the Mavericks could get him for All-Scrub Terry, they'd do it in a Moscow second.

Harris has CLEARLY outplayed Terry on the basis of defensive performance alone--that coupled with the potential he's shown has left Avery no choice. Harris has earned starter's minutes (not to mention a fat contract extension), and JET's repeated failures and overall limitations have put him in the support role he was born to play.

Why don't you pick up your chamois cloth and get back to the detailing. You're wasting bytes.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #20
DOMINATOR

Quote:
AK is a cancer, and every other GM knows it, and that is why Utah have NOT been able to trade AK. Plus, AK is a cry baby as well.
i think his contract has more to do with him not being traded.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #21
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
i think his contract has more to do with him not being traded.
I think so as well, but I guarantee his attitude with Sloan has alot to do with it. I can overlook his contract, but overlooking his attitude with the coach is another...I really like Sloan, because he is an old school coach and I have always liked the way he coached and dealt with his players. He does not treat all the players the same, but he is consistently fair. AK wants to be babied and get his way and not for the betterment of the team.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #22
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I would do AK for Jason Terry any day of the week. There's no argument at all on whether or not the team would be better with Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk compared to Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk.

However, the only question for Dallas is the money factor--that to me is offset by the fact that Terry is 6' 1" and is older.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:09 AM   #23
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I would do AK for Jason Terry any day of the week. There's no argument at all on whether or not the team would be better with Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk compared to Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk.

However, the only question for Dallas is the money factor--that to me is offset by the fact that Terry is 6' 1" and is older.
Bingo

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #24
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

I would trade Harris for AK b4 trading Terry. That line-up you suggested with Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk has too many holes on offense. No outside shooter, no clutch player and teams would just sink in the lane and dare Harris/AK to shoot. I say "No" to this. It would be a great defense, but it would be 2 on 5 on offense, because when you include the center, then you can factor in Harris/AK/Damp or Diop as non-factors on offense.

Now here is a killer line-up if we HAD to get AK... Terry/Howard/AK/Dirk/Damp. You have 3offensive players to carry the load, and you are covered with good solid defense as well.

But in the end, I dont want AK, because he is NOT a team player and a liability just like Harris on offense.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 09-20-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would trade Harris for AK b4 trading Terry. That line-up you suggested with Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk has too many holes on offense. No outside shooter, no clutch player and teams would just sink in the lane and dare Harris/AK to shoot. I say "No" to this. It would be a great defense, but it would be 2 on 5 on offense, because when you include the center, then you can factor in Harris/AK/Damp or Diop as non-factors on offense.

Now here is a killer line-up if we HAD to get AK... Terry/Howard/AK/Dirk/Damp. You have 3offensive players to carry the load, and you are covered with good solid defense as well.

But in the end, I dont want AK, because he is NOT a team player and a liability just like Harris on offense.
Dirk can't shoot from the outside? Howard can't shoot from the outside? Admittedly Harris is a penetrating guard, and AK is a slasher and "clean up" type player, but he has some offense as well. Stack and George could be put in for shooters out of the corners.

Dirk isn't clutch, but Terry is? You didn't see game 7 against SA did you.

Have you checked out the numbers AK had when Boozer was out, and he was allowed to work inside? AK became an all-star due to his play. He regressed when Sloan put Boozer inside and AK became an offside jump shooter which is not his strength. I am not saying that it wasn't the best option for Sloan, but it was definately not the best place for AK. On the Dallas team, they don't have an inside threat who is a post player like a Boozer, Shaq, or TD. They have a basic open middle which players use to drive. AK would thrive offensively here. He could also thrive defensively because Dallas has turnstiles on the perimeter and everything is funneled back to Damp/Diop in the middle. If AK could help side, his shot blocking would be very good as well.

Personally, I'd take Harris's defense over Terry's offense most of the time. The Mavs have Dirk, and Howard, and then Stack, George, Jones, as well as Harris who can chip in points. Giving points up and getting the bigs in foul trouble is a bigger issue to me -- and Harris is better than Terry in that category.

Tell me, with the line-up of Harris, Howard, AK, Dirk, Diop with Damp, Stack, Jones, George ----- the nine that would actaully see playoff minutes --- what team do they not match up against from a defensive standpoint?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Last edited by dalmations202; 09-20-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Dirk can't shoot from the outside? Howard can't shoot from the outside? Admittedly Harris is a penetrating guard, and AK is a slasher and "clean up" type player, but he has some offense as well. Stack and George could be put in for shooters out of the corners.

Dirk isn't clutch, but Terry is? You didn't see game 7 against SA did you.

Have you checked out the numbers AK had when Boozer was out, and he was allowed to work inside? AK became an all-star due to his play. He regressed when Sloan put Boozer inside and AK became an offside jump shooter which is not his strength. I am not saying that it wasn't the best option for Sloan, but it was definately not the best place for AK. On the Dallas team, they don't have an inside threat who is a post player like a Boozer, Shaq, or TD. They have a basic open middle which players use to drive. AK would thrive offensively here. He could also thrive defensively because Dallas has turnstiles on the perimeter and everything is funneled back to Damp/Diop in the middle. If AK could help side, his shot blocking would be very good as well.

Personally, I'd take Harris's defense over Terry's offense most of the time. The Mavs have Dirk, and Howard, and then Stack, George, Jones, as well as Harris who can chip in points. Giving points up and getting the bigs in foul trouble is a bigger issue to me -- and Harris is better than Terry in that category.

Tell me, with the line-up of Harris, Howard, AK, Dirk, Diop with Damp, Stack, Jones, George ----- the nine that would actaully see playoff minutes --- what team do they not match up against from a defensive standpoint?
Jet is the best clutch player the Mavs have. How could you even argue that?

Harris is not a penetrating guard because he does not finish(score) on a consistent basis, nor does he set players up on a consistent basis. I would consider Parker a penetrating scoring PG is we want to use the word penetrating. Parker penetrates to score. Look at the numbers and it proves it. That is the reason he shots a high fg%. He is a scoring PG, who uses penetration to get his points. Kidd penetrates to set-up other players to score.

Will somebody wake me up and tell me when AK became an inside scorer? AK does NOT have any inside moves to score. He is NOT the answer for an inside scorer. Please show me how we can call AK an inside scorer. AK is a garbage guy, who thrives on garbage buckets on offense. He is a sneaky player who can get tip-ins and hustle points on fast break type plays. He is NOT an inside scorer. AK has zero offensive skills and is limited on the offensive end. AK is not a go to guy as well, and cant create his own shots, and his not a good outside shooter. He plays great help defense and gets garbage buckets and can rebound well. All these things are also great for the Mavs, but his attitude and lack of offense is a negative.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:00 AM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"There's no argument at all on whether or not the team would be better with Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk compared to Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk."

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #28
alby
Guru

Okay silk, so you wouldn't trade Jason Terry for AK47 (lol)... who would you trade the guy for???

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 09-20-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #29
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Okay silk, so you wouldn't trade Jason Terry for AK47 (lol)... who would you trade the guy for???
No, you tell me who you would trade Harris for????

How could you LOL, when you say you would NOT trade Harris for AK???????????????

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 09-20-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #30
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
"There's no argument at all on whether or not the team would be better with Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk compared to Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk."
Look at your bias again.

Add to this to the arguement as well:

There's no argument at all on whether or not the team would be better with Terry/Howard/AK/Dirk compared to Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk."[/

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 09-20-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #31
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Jet is the best clutch player the Mavs have. How could you even argue that?

Harris is not a penetrating guard because he does not finish(score) on a consistent basis, nor does he set players up on a consistent basis. I would consider Parker a penetrating scoring PG is we want to use the word penetrating. Parker penetrates to score. Look at the numbers and it proves it. That is the reason he shots a high fg%. He is a scoring PG, who uses penetration to get his points. Kidd penetrates to set-up other players to score.

Will somebody wake me up and tell me when AK became an inside scorer? AK does NOT have any inside moves to score. He is NOT the answer for an inside scorer. Please show me how we can call AK an inside scorer. AK is a garbage guy, who thrives on garbage buckets on offense. He is a sneaky player who can get tip-ins and hustle points on fast break type plays. He is NOT an inside scorer. AK has zero offensive skills and is limited on the offensive end. AK is not a go to guy as well, and cant create his own shots, and his not a good outside shooter. He plays great help defense and gets garbage buckets and can rebound well. All these things are also great for the Mavs, but his attitude and lack of offense is a negative.
Between the 03/04 season and the 05/06 season AK avg 15+ppg, 47+FG%, 75+FT%, and 3.5 assists per game, and you say he has no offensive ability. Heck he even shot 31.5% from 3pt line, while not being a shooter. This from a guy that you say has no offensive ability??? And his defense during this time 3+ blocks per game, 7+rpg, and 1.66 spg.

Jet for comparison in his 3 years at Dallas avg 15.4ppg, 49+ FG%, 82 FT%, and 4.8 APG. This from the PG who handles the ball every possession. From the defensive end though, .25 bpg, 2.4 rpg, and 1.2spg. He does shoot ~42% from the 3pt line.

Jet listed at 6'2", AK listed at 6'9" --- Jet is older by a couple years.

I like Jet, but IMO.... AK would be the better player on Dallas team considering the makeup of the team.

As far as Jet is clutch- if the game is on the line, and hypothetically I am the coach, Dirk always get the chance to make the play -- even if it is a kick out to Stack or George or Howard or even AK. As I said, I like Jet, but their is little comparison to Dirk as far as talent goes.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #32
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Quote:

How could you LOL, when you say you would NOT trade Harris for AK???????????????
I would definitely trade Harris for AK (or Terry, and like I said I would think long and hard about trading Josh). I think you make a good point about keeping Terry and keeping an outside threat, but if we did that our defense wouldn't be nearly as impressive... and besides if we traded Terry we would still have Stack, Jones, and George coming off the bench for some firepower. I think we'd be okay for outside shooting especially since AK would bring post scoring with him (which we have NONE of as of right now). But I would trade Terry OR Harris for AK, he's on another level.

The thing about Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk is that every single one of those guys can score, some of them just not consistently, but that can be said about much of the league (and also why we have the previosuly mentioned shooters on the bench). If one isn't scoring they should recognize it and simply contribute in other ways (AK is also a better passer than either of our PG's right now lol). Great defense in my eyes is also much more consistent from players than offense, that's where the strength of this starting lineup would lie. I have no doubt it would bring us a championship.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #33
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Between the 03/04 season and the 05/06 season AK avg 15+ppg, 47+FG%, 75+FT%, and 3.5 assists per game, and you say he has no offensive ability. Heck he even shot 31.5% from 3pt line, while not being a shooter. This from a guy that you say has no offensive ability??? And his defense during this time 3+ blocks per game, 7+rpg, and 1.66 spg.

Jet for comparison in his 3 years at Dallas avg 15.4ppg, 49+ FG%, 82 FT%, and 4.8 APG. This from the PG who handles the ball every possession. From the defensive end though, .25 bpg, 2.4 rpg, and 1.2spg. He does shoot ~42% from the 3pt line.

Jet listed at 6'2", AK listed at 6'9" --- Jet is older by a couple years.

I like Jet, but IMO.... AK would be the better player on Dallas team considering the makeup of the team.

As far as Jet is clutch- if the game is on the line, and hypothetically I am the coach, Dirk always get the chance to make the play -- even if it is a kick out to Stack or George or Howard or even AK. As I said, I like Jet, but their is little comparison to Dirk as far as talent goes.
Now compare AK and Harris numbers for me, so we can take a look at it as well

I dont know where this data is coming from, but AK is not an inside force by any means. He gets garbage buckets on the offensive boards, and runs out well on fast breaks for lay-ups. In the half court setting, he is an offensive liability. The Mavs are the 3rd slowest team by the stat chart, so that even shows that half-court offense is most important for the Mavs. That is why we truly need an inside scorer like Webber type. AK is NOT that answer by any means as an inside scorer.

Here is another thing, by your numbers, then Shaq is a great outside scorer as well because he shots about 50% for his career. Get my point????? And if he takes about ten 3-pointers in his career and makes 3, then he is shooting 33% from 3 point range, which is pretty good. See my point again?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #34
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I would definitely trade Harris for AK (or Terry, and like I said I would think long and hard about trading Josh). I think you make a good point about keeping Terry and keeping an outside threat, but if we did that our defense wouldn't be nearly as impressive... and besides if we traded Terry we would still have Stack, Jones, and George coming off the bench for some firepower. I think we'd be okay for outside shooting especially since AK would bring post scoring with him (which we have NONE of as of right now). But I would trade Terry OR Harris for AK, he's on another level.

The thing about Harris/Howard/AK/Dirk is that every single one of those guys can score, some of them just not consistently, but that can be said about much of the league (and also why we have the previosuly mentioned shooters on the bench). If one isn't scoring they should recognize it and simply contribute in other ways (AK is also a better passer than either of our PG's right now lol). Great defense in my eyes is also much more consistent from players than offense, that's where the strength of this starting lineup would lie. I have no doubt it would bring us a championship.
Would Terry/Howard/AK/Dirk bring us a title?

OK, so you say you expect consistent shooting from Stack,Eddie and George? Think about that for a second. I love Stack to death, but Stack will cause you nightmares if you want him to consistently perform well from shooting

If Terry is not here, then ALL teams would just game plan to sink in the lane on the Mavs and force them to shot. That would be a nightmare for the Mavs. Every game, each coach has to account for Terry on the court. There is no way around that. When you have a player like Dirk on the court, you have to contain deadly outside shooters like Terry. The Terry/Dirk iso's are hard to stop, and you have to have the right defensive personnell to stop it. There are only a couple of teams that have the right pieces to stop that. Same thing when Nash was here. Same thing with the Suns now with Nash/Amare.

You can hate it all you want, but the pick/roll or pick/pop is a deadly offensive weapon in the NBA and the teams with this offense wins around 60 games a year in the regular season. The catch is that this team also has to be able to adjust a bit in the playoffs. Mavs almost pulled it off in 2006. Even the Pistons have this type of offense with Billups at point. He is a deadly outside shooter as well. The real difference is that Pistons/SA have an inside force that can counter defenses to free up open shooters. Mavs dont have this, so the offensive scoring is the biggest issue in the crunch. It appears the Mavs have alot of fire power, but that simply is not true because of the lack of a inside scorer to balance the offense when needed in the playoffs. This also means that Jet is alot more important than most think.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #35
alby
Guru

Quote:

I would do Harris for AK in a heartbeart... I never said I wouldn't do that deal.
But, let's be realistic--Utah would not want Devin. (They really wouldn't want Terry either)

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #36
alby
Guru

"Between the 03/04 season and the 05/06 season AK avg 15+ppg, 47+FG%, 75+FT%, and 3.5 assists per game, and you say he has no offensive ability. Heck he even shot 31.5% from 3pt line, while not being a shooter. This from a guy that you say has no offensive ability??? And his defense during this time 3+ blocks per game, 7+rpg, and 1.66 spg.

Jet listed at 6'2", AK listed at 6'9" --- Jet is older by a couple years."

There really is no argument is there?

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #37
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I would do Harris for AK in a heartbeart... I never said I wouldn't do that deal.
But, let's be realistic--Utah would not want Devin. (They really wouldn't want Terry either)
I would too!!! So that makes a pro-Harris and pro-Terry agree that they would both trade Harris for AK in a heartbeat. At least we find a way to agree on something

But, since all this mess with AK and his attitude, I would hesitate a bit on that.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #38
dalmations202
Diamond Member

What Utah might do though is AK to Dallas, Terry to Seattle, and Wally to Utah.

Utah gains offense loses defense, but cuts two years out of payments guarenteed to AK.
Seattle gains a vet shooter to lead that club, and loses a player that would probably be taking time from Durant -- when they already need Durant and Green playing all they can.
Dallas gains defense, loses a little offense, but doesn't have to play small then to get their best 5 on the floor. Also Terry's contract is what makes him the one to move, if you are trying to obtain AK -- not becuase of his play versus Harris's play.

The numbers I gave above came from NBA.com/players/ then the stats of the individual players during those years (you know add all three years, and then divide by 3). Admittedly I used the Jets last three years to the three before this last one for AK, since I thought AK was horribly used this last year when Boozer came back.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #39
alby
Guru

AK47 > Terry
Harris/Howard/AK47/Dirk > Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk

AK47 > Harris
Terry/Howard/AK47/Dirk > Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk

Why are we arguing this point again? I thought this was pretty much common sense.

Utah wouldn't want Harris because they have Deron and Brown at the PG position, however, Terry--they might think about to replace Fisher's role. But honestly, that is not fair to Fisher because the man can play defense.

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #40
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
"Between the 03/04 season and the 05/06 season AK avg 15+ppg, 47+FG%, 75+FT%, and 3.5 assists per game, and you say he has no offensive ability. Heck he even shot 31.5% from 3pt line, while not being a shooter. This from a guy that you say has no offensive ability??? And his defense during this time 3+ blocks per game, 7+rpg, and 1.66 spg.

Jet listed at 6'2", AK listed at 6'9" --- Jet is older by a couple years."

There really is no argument is there?
Lets add your boy Harris to this as well:

Harris: 8.3pts,46+FG,77% FT%, 3.0 APG

Does not look good for your guy Harris when comparing stats with AK or Terry. Seems to prove my point of trading Harris over Jet for AK.

Lets go to the career playoff numbers as well, so we can find true value.

Regular Season Playoffs
1. AK --15ppg, 47FG%, 75FT%, 3.5 APG, AK --9.9ppg, 43FG%, 81FT%, 2.1 APG,
2. Jet--15.4ppg, 49 FG%, 82 FT%,4.8 APG Jet--18.2ppg, 45.6 FG%, 85 FT%,4.0 APG
3. Harris-- 8.5pts,46+FG,77% FT%, 3.0 APG Harris-- 8.3pts,48+FG,70% FT%, 2.4 APG

See you forced my hand, so I have to prove once again that Harris is not the better player, nor is AK. As of matter of fact, it also shows how AK becomes absent in the playoffs. We dont need anymore than that. No excuses...Thanks for having me dig a little deeper into the real numbers that can be proved. Jet is proven to be the better consistent playoff player as well. By the way, AK is a career 20% 3 pt shooter in the playoffs. Just wanted ot throw that out there as well