Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #41
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
AK47 > Terry
Harris/Howard/AK47/Dirk > Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk

AK47 > Harris
Terry/Howard/AK47/Dirk > Harris/Terry/Howard/Dirk

Why are we arguing this point again? I thought this was pretty much common sense.

Utah wouldn't want Harris because they have Deron and Brown at the PG position, however, Terry--they might think about to replace Fisher's role. But honestly, that is not fair to Fisher because the man can play defense.
OOOOOH my goodness!!!!!!!!

Now, I have to back Harris on this one..

I will take Harris over Brown ANY day of the week!!!!!!!!!

How can you like Harris if you think Brown is better than Harris????

Dont say you didn't say that, because it says it right between the lines on this post I replied to.

Meaning:

You said Utah would take Terry over Harris because Terry could fill a void.
Then you stated Utah would not have ANY need for Harris because of Deron/Brown.

So you are saying by your terms, that Jet is better than Brown, so Utah would take Jet.
Then you say by your terms, that Brown is better than Harris, so there is NO need because of Deron and Brown...

You are going to make several pro-Harris people Mad!!! And rightfully so. Shi*, you even got a pro-Jet person mad on this one

Harris > Brown !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #42
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Regular Season Playoffs
1. AK --15ppg, 47FG%, 75FT%, 3.5 APG, AK --9.9ppg, 43FG%, 81FT%, 2.1 APG,
2. Jet--15.4ppg, 49 FG%, 82 FT%,4.8 APG Jet--18.2ppg, 45.6 FG%, 85 FT%,4.0 APG
3. Harris-- 8.5pts,46+FG,77% FT%, 3.0 APG Harris-- 8.3pts,48+FG,70% FT%, 2.4 APG

See you forced my hand, so I have to prove once again that Harris is not the better player, nor is AK. As of matter of fact, it also shows how AK becomes absent in the playoffs. We dont need anymore than that. No excuses...Thanks for having me dig a little deeper into the real numbers that can be proved. Jet is proven to be the better consistent playoff player as well. By the way, AK is a career 20% 3 pt shooter in the playoffs. Just wanted ot throw that out there as well
This is like comparing apples to oranges. I have given that AK had a horrid year this last year, even in the playoffs. He was played out of position, and not the focal point of the offense at all with Boozer, Okur, and Deron on the floor. AK was at best the #4 option and expected to be a jumpshooter. AK shouldn't be either. If you take out his this years playoffs, and take out the other 9 total playoff games he played 02 and 03 when he played behind the Mailman and wasn't a starter, then you don't really have much to go on. I guess we could compare his playoff numbers to Jet's playoff numbers before Jet became the #2 guy behind Dirk -- that would be fair, IMO. Of course 00-00 makes them look pretty even.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #43
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think the Jazz would want Terry more for the previously mentioned reason of filling Fishers void. True Terry doesn't play defense but as a combo (shoot first) guard he could certainly fit their rotation nicely. A great contrast to Deron's game for sure.

To answer the question... yes, Terry/Josh/AK/Dirk/C's would bring us a championship as well in my eyes. Although I don't think the defenses would sink in as much as your suggesting. Dirk would be playing farther from the rim once AK was in, Josh is expected to become more consistent, AK 'can' hit the outside shot (what he's been robotically programmed to do in Utah... though not well), and then Devin can do his thing driving (and theres always the potential of him getting a jumper, we won't rely on that though).

And one more thing... AK IS the answer to our post scoring problems. There is no better available alternative and even if he doesn't work out the way I envision it would still be an upgrade overall. Pipe dream? Perhaps... depending on how many teams show interest in AK and how badly the Jazz want to deal him after those comments. I think a deal for Terry would be our best hope without giving up too much, they would definitely try and get Josh though.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #44
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
This is like comparing apples to oranges. I have given that AK had a horrid year this last year, even in the playoffs. He was played out of position, and not the focal point of the offense at all with Boozer, Okur, and Deron on the floor. AK was at best the #4 option and expected to be a jumpshooter. AK shouldn't be either. If you take out his this years playoffs, and take out the other 9 total playoff games he played 02 and 03 when he played behind the Mailman and wasn't a starter, then you don't really have much to go on. I guess we could compare his playoff numbers to Jet's playoff numbers before Jet became the #2 guy behind Dirk -- that would be fair, IMO. Of course 00-00 makes them look pretty even.
That dont even make sense when you say apples to oranges. Those numbers are as fair as they come. You are trying to cherry-pick and give excuses for poor play for AK. You brought up the numbers so I compared them EQUALLY. Then take out Terry in the playoffs this season as well. See how it goes I can cherry-pick with the best of them.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #45
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I think the Jazz would want Terry more for the previously mentioned reason of filling Fishers void. True Terry doesn't play defense but as a combo (shoot first) guard he could certainly fit their rotation nicely. A great contrast to Deron's game for sure.

To answer the question... yes, Terry/Josh/AK/Dirk/C's would bring us a championship as well in my eyes. Although I don't think the defenses would sink in as much as your suggesting. Dirk would be playing farther from the rim once AK was in, Josh is expected to become more consistent, AK 'can' hit the outside shot (what he's been robotically programmed to do in Utah... though not well), and then Devin can do his thing driving (and theres always the potential of him getting a jumper, we won't rely on that though).

And one more thing... AK IS the answer to our post scoring problems. There is no better available alternative and even if he doesn't work out the way I envision it would still be an upgrade overall. Pipe dream? Perhaps... depending on how many teams show interest in AK and how badly the Jazz want to deal him after those comments. I think a deal for Terry would be our best hope without giving up too much, they would definitely try and get Josh though.
Think about what you are saying. You just said AK was the best 'Available Alternative" out there. How is that? Please explain who is out there? If you want to talk AK, then you have to include every SG/PF in the league that is available, because all of them are as available as AK

Did AK become an unrestricted free agent today or something? I missed that. Someone please explain how this happened with the CBA Maybe you should try a different way of saying available. Were you talking as in people that want to be traded or something. If so, I still go with Kobe
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #46
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dont say you didn't say that, because it says it right between the lines on this post I replied to.

Meaning:

So you are saying by your terms, that Jet is better than Brown, so Utah would take Jet.
Then you say by your terms, that Brown is better than Harris, so there is NO need because of Deron and Brown...

You are going to make several pro-Harris people Mad!!! And rightfully so. Shi*, you even got a pro-Jet person mad on this one

You are making too many assumptions. Your deductions from what alby was saying are totally out of line. One of the main points that he was trying to get across was that Terry would fill the void of Fisher. (Obviously because of his outside shooting) He made no references to Terry being better than Harris, or Harris being better than Terry, or EITHER of them being better than Brown. I seriously don't see your thought process...

I really don't see how you can make all those deductions in your "Meaning:" section...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #47
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
That dont even make sense when you say apples to oranges. Those numbers are as fair as they come. You are trying to cherry-pick and give excuses for poor play for AK. You brought up the numbers so I compared them EQUALLY. Then take out Terry in the playoffs this season as well. See how it goes I can cherry-pick with the best of them.
I call bullsh*t.

It is quiteconvenient to ignore the fact that AK only MADE the playoffs his first two seasons (before he blossomed as a player) and last year (a woeful year all around for him)

he didn't make the playoff in 03-4, 04-05 or 05-06 -- his best statistical years. His stats didn't drop inthe playoffs... he only made the playoffs in bad stat years... whether you want to argue what THAT says about him is up to you, but to argue as you do is pure statistical homicide.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #48
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Silk, are you related to Jason Terry or something?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 09-20-2007 at 04:08 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #49
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Meaning:

Why would Utah pay for another point guard when they already have a bona-fide all star in Deron Williams locked up in their starting rotation. Brown is already their back up at the 1 and a good 10th man off the bench. They wouldn't trade for Devin because Devin is a starting point guard and they have no room for him. What are you talking about?

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #50
alby
Guru

Quote:
Think about what you are saying. You just said AK was the best 'Available Alternative" out there. How is that? Please explain who is out there? If you want to talk AK, then you have to include every SG/PF in the league that is available, because all of them are as available as AK

Did AK become an unrestricted free agent today or something? I missed that. Someone please explain how this happened with the CBA Maybe you should try a different way of saying available. Were you talking as in people that want to be traded or something. If so, I still go with Kobe
1. this is a basketball forum
2. it is the offseason

AK47 voicing his demands to be traded is pretty big news in the NBA world right now. As a Maverick's fan, are we not allowed to discuss the possibilities of Dallas landing AK47?

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #51
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why would Utah pay for another point guard when they already have a bona-fide all star in Deron Williams locked up in their starting rotation. Brown is already their back up at the 1 and a good 10th man off the bench. They wouldn't trade for Devin because Devin is a starting point guard and they have no room for him. What are you talking about?
Exactly. You definitely hit the spot by ending with "What are you talking about?"

=]

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #52
alby
Guru

It's hard to grasp what he's trying to argue sometimes, I just need clarification. =\

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #53
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's pretty clear: the Mavs should break the bank and get Kobe.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #54
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's hard to grasp what he's trying to argue sometimes, I just need clarification. =\
Alby. He is the one that needs clarification. I'm not even kidding. Some kind of language barrier...

Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #55
alby
Guru

big time barrier

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #56
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
you said it =p

Contact Me
Old 09-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #57
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
The mavs were never in the Kobe race in the first place.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #58
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Yeah because we are going to get Kobe for Jason Terry. AK is the best alternative in a trade scenario because he has been actively pursuing a trade (even last season if you recall, the Jazz were looking for trades). And since he has publicly demanded a trade he is MORE available than every SG/PF in the league.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #59
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Yeah because we are going to get Kobe for Jason Terry. AK is the best alternative in a trade scenario because he has been actively pursuing a trade (even last season if you recall, the Jazz were looking for trades). And since he has publicly demanded a trade he is MORE available than every SG/PF in the league.
I cant agree on this one at all. I value Kobe over them all, but if you want to exclude Kobe, then I still put J O'Neal over AK all day long.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:24 AM   #60
alby
Guru

Silk, tempers and biases aside. Name me 5 players in the NBA you think is on Jason Terry's level. Your own personal opinion.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 09-21-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I cant agree on this one at all. I value Kobe over them all, but if you want to exclude Kobe, then I still put J O'Neal over AK all day long.

Kobe & JO aren't going anywhere - they ARE the team...

On the other hand, the Jazz could live without Kirilenko if they got a good player in return (you know, someone like Terry)... AK not only wants out of Utah, but is willing to take less money to do it which makes his departure a lot more likely than players of a higher caliber, suchas Kobe or O'Neal...

This is a case of possible reality vs total fantasy... Guess which side of the debate you stand on?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #62
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

On the other hand, the Jazz could live without Kirilenko if they got a good player in return (you know, someone like Terry)... AK not only wants out of Utah, but is willing to take less money to do it which makes his departure a lot more likely than players of a higher caliber, suchas Kobe or O'Neal...

This is a case of possible reality vs total fantasy... Guess which side of the debate you stand on?
Please tell me which side I stand on?

Then after you tell me, then someone please explain to Underdog how AK can take less money to get out of Utah? I know of only one way, but I guarantee Utah will not do it to get rid of him.

Then Underdog wants to say I am in total fantasy land for saying that Kobe and J'Oneal are not wanting out. Go figure!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #63
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Silk, tempers and biases aside. Name me 5 players in the NBA you think is on Jason Terry's level. Your own personal opinion.
All jokes aside, that is a very dumb question. Thats like me asking you to name 5 NBA players that is on Harris level. That is plain dumb and you know it. Try a different approach on trying to bait me to answer a dumb question.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #64
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

So, I guess you are saying that Harris is NOT good enough to be traded? Because I see you wanted to throw trading Jet in my face for a reason...Dont play innocent now. You added Jet to it for a purpose. So, is Harris a good enough player to be traded to Utah?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #65
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Having Dirk and AK on the same team would be like a dream come true.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #66
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

AK47 is a baby and dumb. Who in their right f'in mind would ever consider giving up 63 million to play in RUSSIA. Man that kid must have the Russian flag tatooed on his balls.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #67
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
AK47 is a baby and dumb. Who in their right f'in mind would ever consider giving up 63 million to play in RUSSIA. Man that kid must have the Russian flag tatooed on his balls.
I think it's just more of an issue of wanting to have that passion to play again even if that means going back to Russia. Obviously he isn't happy where he is and he wants to reignite that fire within him. Can't blame a man for that.

The Jazz just need to start looking into deals and get something done.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #68
Silk Smoov
Banned

AK has a problem and his attitude and antics is NOT needed here with the Mavs. These antics are selfish and unprofessional. There is no basis for him being like this other than thinking about himself. I can understand a player wanting to win and a owner not willing to build around you, but to be like this on a winning team and coach like Sloan?

I have never seen anything like b4 in the NBA. There has to be a great concern to every GM about having this type of player on a team. Talent wise he is greatly needed, but this baggage maybe too high, then you have to factor in what he makes as well. I pass on AK.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #69
Tokey41
Platinum Member

I don't see what your not getting here... Sloan's system is terrible for AK-47. It's that simple, he just doens't have a spot. This leads to people saying he is overpaid and is just plain not as good as his contract indicates.

AK has finally become vocal about it simply because he's tired of all the criticism he's getting for being an underacheiver when it is not his fault (at least not entirely, I don't think at all but i'm sure someone will want to argue otherwise). Can you blame a guy for that? Absolutely not.

His attitude is NOT a problem. He is not an Artest or a Kobe, he just wants out because he has no spot on the roster to maximize his talents. At Eurobasket he was given that opportunity to showcase what he can do (and there's no denying he showed us all just that with Russia being victorious and him becoming tourney MVP).

I think it's time to lift the rose colored glasses, AK is not an ego maniac and superstars make trade demands all the time. You don't seem to be concerned about Kobe's and J.O's attitude when they did the exact same thing this summer. Yet you would be all for them coming here? Please.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #70
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I don't see what your not getting here... Sloan's system is terrible for AK-47. It's that simple, he just doens't have a spot. This leads to people saying he is overpaid and is just plain not as good as his contract indicates.

AK has finally become vocal about it simply because he's tired of all the criticism he's getting for being an underacheiver when it is not his fault (at least not entirely, I don't think at all but i'm sure someone will want to argue otherwise). Can you blame a guy for that? Absolutely not.

His attitude is NOT a problem. He is not an Artest or a Kobe, he just wants out because he has no spot on the roster to maximize his talents. At Eurobasket he was given that opportunity to showcase what he can do (and there's no denying he showed us all just that with Russia being victorious and him becoming tourney MVP).

I think it's time to lift the rose colored glasses, AK is not an ego maniac and superstars make trade demands all the time. You don't seem to be concerned about Kobe's and J.O's attitude when they did the exact same thing this summer. Yet you would be all for them coming here? Please.
How can you mention not using his talents then mention Kobe? The Lakers organization has failed Kobe many times. They have failed to get talent around him that can win and be serious contenders.

Did you seem concerned with Kobe made his trade demands? I can look all over these trends to find where people called out Kobe for wanting to be traded. They even call him a rapist, when in fact he did NOT rape anyone. As of matter of fact, the accuser dropped her case, but we still hear the Kobe is a rapist comments everytime someone mention Kobe coming here.

How can you say that Sloan's system has failed him? The players play the game on the floor. AK is not out of place. He plays out of place, because he thinks he can shoot outside, when in fact he cant. As of matter of fact, he has ZERO inside game as well. He is a garbage basket type of player on offense. If he would put forth more effort, he could still do this, if he stops crying all the time. Stop crying and play ball.

Another difference with Kobe, is that right now he is not calling out his HOF coach. His HOF coach agrees with him as well, and they both will be gone. You got Phil and Kobe both saying the Laker's organization is not fielding a competitive team. They are wasting the prime years of Kobe, so yes, that is different based on those two reasons. And please dont ever compare the best player in the league to AK. That is a disgrace to every NBA player that ever played.

ANY team that would NOT pick up Kobe is a sorry excuse for a team. And I feel that 100% of the teams in the league would get Kobe if they could match up the numbers to make the trade. Lastly, AK is not a Superstar as well.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #71
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
I think it's just more of an issue of wanting to have that passion to play again even if that means going back to Russia. Obviously he isn't happy where he is and he wants to reignite that fire within him. Can't blame a man for that.

The Jazz just need to start looking into deals and get something done.
So 60 something million dollars NOT good enough for passion???? Just like all the negative comments about Spreewell feeding his family on 7 million? A person would have the Passion of Christ for 60 million I think it maybe something other than passion, because 60 millions is on the table.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 09-21-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #72
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lastly, AK is not a Superstar as well.

Which is exactly why he's worth discussing - we can't afford a superstar or even trade for one... We need a solid role-player and he does fit that description...

F*ck Kobe - it's not even a possibility so why bring that trash into this thread?

Last edited by Underdog; 09-21-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #73
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Quote:
How can you mention not using his talents then mention Kobe? The Lakers organization has failed Kobe many times. They have failed to get talent around him that can win and be serious contenders.
Just because Kobe doesn't have talent around him doesn't mean HIS individual talents were being minimized. He IS the Lakers.

Quote:
Did you seem concerned with Kobe made his trade demands? I can look all over these trends to find where people called out Kobe for wanting to be traded. They even call him a rapist, when in fact he did NOT rape anyone. As of matter of fact, the accuser dropped her case, but we still hear the Kobe is a rapist comments everytime someone mention Kobe coming here.
I wasn't concerned, I would have traded for Kobe in a second. But you know what? It's not realistic. I happen to think AK coming here is realistic, even if it took Josh it is still a possibility. I have never called Kobe a rapist, I have nothing against the guy and the Mavs would be insanely lucky to land him for what I presume we can land AK for.

Quote:
How can you say that Sloan's system has failed him? The players play the game on the floor. AK is not out of place. He plays out of place, because he thinks he can shoot outside, when in fact he cant. As of matter of fact, he has ZERO inside game as well. He is a garbage basket type of player on offense. If he would put forth more effort, he could still do this, if he stops crying all the time. Stop crying and play ball.
Because it HAS failed him, when you have Boozer dominating the low post (and don't get me wrong he's better in there than AK would be), AK has no room to operate where he is comfortable. Their offense is too similar. And AK does NOT think he can shoot outside, thats where Sloan wants him on offense. Did you miss the "robot" quote he has? He was following coaching instructions. If you think he has ZERO inside game then you need to watch some of his Eurobasket performances, tell me where the points came from. He was sure hitting at a high %, so either he does have inside game or he was just incredibly lucky at shooting those jumpers we know he misses in the NBA.

Quote:
Another difference with Kobe, is that right now he is not calling out his HOF coach. His HOF coach agrees with him as well, and they both will be gone. You got Phil and Kobe both saying the Laker's organization is not fielding a competitive team. They are wasting the prime years of Kobe, so yes, that is different based on those two reasons. And please dont ever compare the best player in the league to AK. That is a disgrace to every NBA player that ever played.
How am I comparing AK to Kobe? Well for one Kobe would be a much bigger headache than AK ever would be to deal with drama wise (I don't know how much more evidence you need of that). Don't act like Kobe and Phil haven't had their problems, don't act like Kobe didn't drive Shaq out of town and COST that franchise a few more titles. And now they want more talent. Screw Kobe and his prime, he could still be on a competitive team if he didn't have to be the 'man' so soon.

Quote:
ANY team that would NOT pick up Kobe is a sorry excuse for a team. And I feel that 100% of the teams in the league would get Kobe if they could match up the numbers to make the trade. Lastly, AK is not a Superstar as well.
Thats a matter of opinion, i'm sure every team would want Kobe. AK in my eyes IS a superstar. Your just blinded by your biased set of examples (namely AK playing in Sloans system with Boozer at his side) have you taken into consideration his past performances without Boozer? More recently at Eurobasket as I have constantly suggested you should? No? Then you have no right to label him unfit to be a superstar.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #74
Underdog

Quote:
So, I guess you are saying that Harris is NOT good enough to be traded? Because I see you wanted to throw trading Jet in my face for a reason...Dont play innocent now. You added Jet to it for a purpose. So, is Harris a good enough player to be traded to Utah?
Is Harris good enough to be traded? Yes. Would I trade him for AK? No. Would I trade JET? Yes. (but only if we got a backup PG out of the deal)...

I mentioned Terry because I wouldn't take any lesser player than Kirilenko for JET and I don't think most teams in the NBA would trade a greater player for JET...

You need to get your posters straight because I could give a sh!t about you... "Don't play innocent"? WTF are you talking about? Get over yourself...

Last edited by Underdog; 09-21-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #75
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Is Harris good enough to be traded? Yes. Would I trade him for AK? No. Would I trade JET? Yes. (but only if we got a backup PG out of the deal)...

I mentioned Terry because I wouldn't take any lesser player than Kirilenko for JET and I don't think most teams in the NBA would trade a greater player for JET...

You need to get your posters straight because I could give a sh!t about you... "Don't play innocent"? WTF are you talking about? Get over yourself...
Your statement don't even make sense. You think highly of AK, but would not trade Harris for him????????? That itself tells me you dont know what you are talking about. Even the pro-Harris camp would trade Harris for AK. So, I guess Harris is a superstar as well, and you dont want to trade down to get AK for Harris?

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 09-21-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #76
Underdog

Quote:
Your statement don't even make sense. You think highly of AK, but would not trade Harris for him????????? That itself tells me you dont know what you are talking about. Even the pro-Harris camp would trade Harris for AK. So, I guess Harris is a superstar as well, and you dont want to trade down to get AK for Harris?

I never said Harris was a superstar, so stop putting words in my mouth (a tendency I've noticed from you over a couple different threads towards several different posters...)

My opinion is based solely on my feeling that Harris would make a better PG for this team (especially with AK-47 in the lineup) than Terry would... If we had to lose one of them, I'd choose Terry - Harris is going to be around a lot longer and still has upside, whereas Terry has peaked...

And I don't belong to a "camp" - that's ridiculous... I'd rather have AK & keep both Harris AND Terry, but I can't have my cake and eat it too...

Stop being so stand-offish... Remember, we're all rooting for the same team here!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #77
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

Tension with the mavs fans this year.. will you all cool it already, especially you silk, i used to think you always had something influencial to post but lately, its just a constant rant. Chill dude, it's ok when others dont agree with your point. It's a FORUM!! meaning, different points of views..
fo·rum Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm] Pronunciation Key
1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
4. the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.
we bounce ideas off each other, you like terry, i like dirk, and Underdog likes Harris... Big deal!!

Last edited by skylive321; 09-21-2007 at 08:34 PM.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #78
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I never said Harris was a superstar, so stop putting words in my mouth (a tendency I've noticed from you over a couple different threads towards several different posters...)

My opinion is based solely on my feeling that Harris would make a better PG for this team (especially with AK-47 in the lineup) than Terry would... If we had to lose one of them, I'd choose Terry - Harris is going to be around a lot longer and still has upside, whereas Terry has peaked...

And I don't belong to a "camp" - that's ridiculous... I'd rather have AK & keep both Harris AND Terry, but I can't have my cake and eat it too...

Stop being so stand-offish... Remember, we're all rooting for the same team here!
I did not say you belong to the pro-Harris camp. Re-read my post again. You are trying to twist my words to say that dont respect opinions. That is simply NOT true. None of my posts says that. My posts backs up claims to NOT trade Jet. I reply to people who just want to trade off Jet for no reason or make up reasons to trade him because he did not play as well this playoffs.

I have had many discussions about this issue in the PM, and we all agree to disagree, and we understand both viewpoints. But, lately there has been alot of Jet bashing going on, and when people are bashing Jet, then you sneak in your Jet trade jabs along with them, then you get caught up in the crossfire.

I made a good pact with several of the pro-Harris camp members, and they are not attacking Jet like the past. But, it seems that a select few have decided to pick up and continue this bashing Jet mess. I have said many times that I really like Harris and fully support him. But, this other mess with bashing/jabbing at Jet has got to stop from Mavs fans. That is my whole point. If you claim we are rooting for the same team, then support Jet just like the rest of them. Then you will see I wont post back like this.

SUPPORT Jet. Jet is a Mavs player and is a very valuable piece to this team. All I ask is support all of the Mavs. That simple...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 PM   #79
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
Tension with the mavs fans this year.. will you all cool it already, especially you silk, i used to think you always had something influencial to post but lately, its just a constant rant. Chill dude, it's ok when others dont agree with your point. It's a FORUM!! meaning, different points of views..
fo·rum Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uhm, fohr-uhm] Pronunciation Key
1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
4. the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.
we bounce ideas off each other, you like terry, i like dirk, and Underdog likes Harris... Big deal!!
I understand, but people dont have to bash Jet like that. I take it personal, because I am a big Jet backer, and he does not deserve these insults from Mavs fans. You are new here, so maybe you have not been paying attention to all this trade Jet non-sense. I am very active, so I notice all of those posts about trading Jet. If you just scan, then maybe you miss all of that, and when you see my posts, then it seems like I am ranting. I am sick and tired of some of the Mavs fans turning on Jet like that.

We all have favorite players for the Mavs. I like them all, and am a avid season ticket holder, but enough is enough on the Jet trade jokes. I expect things like this from trolls, but not from Mavs fans on a constant basis. I can understand right after the playoff series with GS, because I even called for Dirk's head. We all were upset about our Mavs, but that was back in May. It is damn near October and the Jet bashing is still here. That is unacceptable to me, and many other Mavs fan. I am just more vocal in my posts about it. I am sorry if I seemed like I was just ranting, but I just think we should support our Mavs, especially now that the season is about here. Dont you think so?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #80
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

the mavs were never in the AK-47 race to begin with.

Last edited by MavsX; 09-21-2007 at 10:54 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote