Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #41
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

William's ego vs. Owen's ego. Lemme get my popcorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I'm watching ESPN, anyone ever seen a Breaking News ticker involve two topics about the same team lol?
Well, I'm pretty sure a suspended player, especially as prolific as Pacman, would get it's own ticker.

Last edited by Caseman; 10-14-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Williams doesn't have much ego at all. I mean, he's got the standard "I'm a pro athlete" ego that they all have, but nothing to write home about.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Screw picks - we have a proven commodity with Roy Williams and he can only get better in Dallas (he's the right age to ride-out Romo's career)... If teams want to double Owens, Williams will punish them - this should loosen things up for T.O. as a result...

Great move for now AND the future (since he'll eventually be our #1 option...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #44
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
Williams doesn't have much ego at all. I mean, he's got the standard "I'm a pro athlete" ego that they all have, but nothing to write home about.
Showing up your QB and coaches is an ego. Complaining about not getting the ball enough (sounds familiar?) is an ego.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...TS01/809160356

This trade could be a miracle for the Cowboys this season or a locker room disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Screw picks - we have a proven commodity with Roy Williams and he can only get better in Dallas (he's the right age to ride-out Romo's career)... If teams want to double Owens, Williams will punish them - this should loosen things up for T.O. as a result...

Great move for now AND the future (since he'll eventually be our #1 option...)
Did the Cowboys really have a reciever/offense problem? I thought their OL was banged up. I thought their defense was the one shallow in depth. I mean, good for the Cowboys for securing their future feature wideout, but it doesn't really help out now. The Redskins didn't even have to double Owens.

Last edited by Caseman; 10-14-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He proved alongside Megatron that he doesn't need to be #1 to be productive (I can't blame him for bitching that his talent was being wasted in Detroit, although he never brought that drama into in the lockerroom...)

Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #46
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Showing up your QB and coaches is an ego.
Detroit's coaches and QB suck - it's not ego, it's fact...

Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #47
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Detroit's coaches and QB suck - it's not ego, it's fact...
Excuses. A professional athlete shouldn't act this way. I'm not saying he is a horrible guy; just saying he has an ego and I don't know how Owens and him will interract when this team loses games.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #48
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Showing up your QB and coaches is an ego. Complaining about not getting the ball enough (sounds familiar?) is an ego.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...TS01/809160356
That's not ego. That's stating fact--the Lions suck, were managed terribly, and Roy wasn't happy.

In every year he was at UT, Roy lost to OU and was underutilized in the game. He never complained. His entire senior year, after a ridiculous bowl game performance at the end of his junior year, he continued to be consistently underutilized. NEVER complained.

The fact that he wanted out of possibly the worst team in the NFL over the past 7-8 years is not an "ego." That's called being sensible.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-14-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #49
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The Cowboys have an extra fourth from Detroit during last year's draf as well. Forgot about that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Barry Sanders was so frustrated with the Lions that he just up and quit and gave up being the all time rushing leader. And the current Lions are even worse than that. It's understandable that a player would be frustrated in that situation.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #51
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
That's not ego. That's stating fact--the Lions suck, were managed terribly, and Roy wasn't happy.

In every year he was at UT, Roy lost to OU and was underutilized in the game. He never complained. His entire senior year, after a ridiculous bowl game performance at the end of his junior year, he continued to be consistently underutilized. NEVER complained.

The fact that he wanted out of possibly the worst team in the NFL over the past 7-8 years is not an "ego." That's called being sensible.
This is like Cowboy fans defending Adam Jones after they acquired him. Whatever. Defend your new hero.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
This is like Cowboy fans defending Adam Jones after they acquired him. Whatever. Defend your new hero.
What you mean the zero risk acqusition of Pacman? Of course we defended it. It was a great move.

As is this one.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #53
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for a lot of us Longhorns, he's our new old hero.

Welcome home, Roy.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #54
LonghornDub

Quote:
You're absolutely right--defending Roy Williams, a guy with a spotless record, is just like defending Pacman. Great analogy.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #55
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

PLUS, I breathed a sigh of relief that the Giants did not acquire Tony Gonzalez...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #56
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
What you mean the zero risk acqusition of Pacman? Of course we defended it. It was a great move.

As is this one.
How is this a great move? Was the Cowboy offense an issue? You can have as much reciever depth as you want (see Giants), but it doesn't mean you will put 40+ points a game. I thought the main complaint was the defense. How does this make the Cowboys better?
Quote:
You're absolutely right--defending Roy Williams, a guy with a spotless record, is just like defending Pacman. Great analogy.
Not even what I said. Don't quote me unless you read it in context.

Last edited by Caseman; 10-14-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #57
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #58
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How is this a great move? Was the Cowboy offense an issue? You can have as much reciever depth as you want (see Giants), but it doesn't mean you will put 40+ points a game. I thought the main complaint was the defense. How does this make the Cowboys better?

Owens's stats have been declining the last three games... which means that in the past three games teams have been doubling him more often than not. Now add on top of that that our starting QB is out for at least a month, one of your game-breaker running backs is out you can see we (not you cause you're not a Cowboy fan) are starting to have a little problem with our offense.

Bring in Roy.. there's less pressure on everybody. This is (hopefully) going to stop some of the bleeding until Romo and everyone else is healthy. I'm not so sure we still make this move if Felix and Romo don't get injured.

Bottom line is.. you would rather them [Cowboys] not make this move because you can't stand to see them succeed.

Last edited by Windmill360; 10-14-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #59
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

1800 members currently online over at cowboyszone, crazy

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #60
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Weren't you the cat who was championing the Jason Taylor acquisition for your foreskins? I guess that adding a pro bowler who is injured is irrefutable logic for you, currently bitter 'skins fan, but the Cowboys adding a pro bowl wideout who can take pressure off of the defense in case there is a shootout is of no benefit.

ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #61
alby
Guru

Lions wanted two 2nd rounders and Austin or Barber and a 1st rounder. If true, we definitely got the best deal possible.

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #62
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma
Weren't you the cat who was championing the Jason Taylor acquisition for your foreskins? I guess that adding a pro bowler who is injured is irrefutable logic for you, currently bitter 'skins fan, but the Cowboys adding a pro bowl wideout who can take pressure off of the defense in case there is a shootout is of no benefit.
Uh, acutally they are quite different. The Redskins lost their two defensive ends Phillip Daniels and Alex Buzbee, and addressed their need. The Cowboys have one of the best offenses in the league and they add another reciever. I mean, congrats with the splash in the media, but how does this help out their depleted defense? I know I'm not a Cowboys fan, but what am I saying that is wrong here? Must I take off my pants and dance crazily like everyone else?

Last edited by Caseman; 10-14-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #63
LonghornDub

Quote:
In context? That was your entire post--"This is like a Cowboy fan defending Adam Jones after they acquired him." Exactly what context are you referring to? It sure seemed to me like you meant to say defending Roy is like defending Pacman, given that, well, that's exactly what you said.

You made a nonsensical comparison, moments after you had made an uninformed claim about Roy's ego, and now you're backpedaling.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #64
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uh, acutally they are quite different. The Redskins lost their two defensive ends Phillip Daniels and Alex Buzbee, and addressed their need. The Cowboys have one of the best offenses in the league and they add another reciever. I mean, congrats with the splash in the media, but how does this help out their depleted defense?
Opens up the offense = a lot less 3 and outs... which entails a much fresher and more prolific defense. There ya go.

Last edited by Windmill360; 10-14-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #65
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

great trade. helps out the whole offense. takes pressure off TO, makes brad johnson a bit better...great trade.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I was wrong...haha.

It's nice to have Roy here, but we still have issues to take care of.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #67
alby
Guru

Does this make Brad Johnson a fantasy monster? =]

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #68
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
In context? That was your entire post--"This is like a Cowboy fan defending Adam Jones after they acquired him." Exactly what context are you referring to? It sure seemed to me like you meant to say defending Roy is like defending Pacman, given that, well, that's exactly what you said.

You made a nonsensical comparison, moments after you had made an uninformed claim about Roy's ego, and now you're backpedaling.
Uninformed? There are articles about it. It's you guys who are dismissing it just because you defend any Cowboy. That was my point: you guys defend anyone who wears a blue star.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Opens up the offense = a lot less 3 and outs... which entails a much fresher and more defense. There ya go.
More time? How does that help the defense when they are on the field? Do you expect to run-and-gun it throughout the playoffs? Am I going crazy here?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #69
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

roy williams is a great pickup. he's 8 years younger than TO so this move was done with the future in consideration as well. having roy, TO, and witten on the field at one time will be a nightmare for other teams.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #70
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Both teams go away happy with this deal.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #71
alby
Guru

Why are you guys arguing with a Redskins fan who is trying to convince himself that adding a Pro Bowl receiver in Roy Williams doesn't help out the Cowboys? Think about it.

Let him rejoice in the Shaun Alexander acquisition...

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #72
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Uh, acutally they are quite different. The Redskins lost their two defensive ends Phillip Daniels and Alex Buzbee, and addressed their need. The Cowboys have one of the best offenses in the league and they add another reciever. I mean, congrats with the splash in the media, but how does this help out their depleted defense? I know I'm not a Cowboys fan, but what am I saying that is wrong here? Must I take off my pants and dance crazily like everyone else?
Yea its quite different. We only have 3 healthy receivers. Did you realize that before you went on this little Cowboys hate rant you're going on? Just like the Deadskins went and got Taylor after their DE got hurt, Cowboys went and got Roy after losing Romo to 4 weeks, Sam Hurd for the season and Felix for 2 weeks. Different indeed.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #73
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
More time? How does that help the defense when they are on the field? Do you expect to run-and-gun it throughout the playoffs? Am I going crazy here?
They're less tired maybe?

I know i'm painting it really black and white here but.... if our offense is being efficient with what they are doing out there.. the defense won't have to be on the field the entire game. With Williams on our team we get a chance to be more efficient. What do you want them to do? (Obviously it's a moot point arguing with a skins fan) but there wasn't really anyone out there of the caliber of Roy Williams that could be attained.

Last edited by Windmill360; 10-14-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #74
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no doubt that Roy is a SOLID pickup, probably even for that price. Right now though, I can't say it totally fixes the Cowboys. There are still line issues and secondary problems. It helps the offense and might have a positive effect on the defense, but I'm definitely in a wait-and-see mode with to see if that takes effect.

Also...you can put a great player on an already talented offense, but you can't just automatically assume they will hit the ground running and things will be awesome. It's going to take time and it hurts that the person that needs the most time with them is out for a few weeks.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-14-2008 at 05:22 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #75
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Uninformed? There are articles about it. It's you guys who are dismissing it just because you defend any Cowboy. That was my point: you guys defend anyone who wears a blue star.

No 3 and outs = no punting = the defense not getting on the field. You understand now? Now of course we're going to have 3 and outs but the risk will be less. The Cowboys just got younger at their weakest position and just lost Hurd for the season and leave it to a Deadskins fan to see something wrong with the deal. I mean I expect it since we're rivals but I also expect a somewhat intelligent opinion. If the Deadskins would've done it you would've been downtown throwing a parade.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #76
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Why are you guys arguing with a Redskins fan who is trying to convince himself that adding a Pro Bowl receiver in Roy Williams doesn't help out the Cowboys? Think about it.

Let him rejoice in the Shaun Alexander acquisition...
Fine, I'll let you guys bathe in the media hype that always let's you down.

And since you brought it up, I'm content with the Redskin's aquisitions. You know why? Because it addresses our needs. Our backup RB is hurt, so grab a vet for minimum salary. Our rookie punter sucks, so pick up a vet punter. Doughty is hurt, so snag an extra safety.

Sorry for bringing common sense into this conversation. This is a great pickup for the Cowboy's future, but it doesn't fill their gapping holes.

And for those using the defense getting more rest as a plus, it won't make a difference. What happens when the Cowboys face a team like the Redskin's offense who can take control of the clock and pound the ball. How is rest going to stop that? What happens when the Cowboys face a team like the Eagle's offense who can match the Cowboy's punch for punch with big-plays? Rest doesn't make Scandrick and Jenkins into better players. I have no problems with Cowboy fans being happy with this pick up, but it doesn't help their weaknesses, no matter what spin you put on it.

Last edited by Caseman; 10-14-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #77
alby
Guru

Today:
- Adam Jones
- 2009 1st round draft pick
- 2009 3rd round draft pick
- 2009 6th round draft pick
+ Sam Paulescu
+ Roy Williams
+ 2009 5th round draft pick (from Tenn)
+ 2009 7th round draft pick

2009 Draft:
2nd round draft pick
3rd round draft pick (Clev)
4th round draft pick
4th round draft pick (Det)
5th round draft pick
5th round draft pick (Tenn)
6th round draft pick (Mia)
7th round draft pick
7th round draft pick (Det)

Plus comp picks, one for Reeves (probably a fifth) and one for Julius (probably a sixth).

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #78
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I have no doubt that Roy is a SOLID pickup, probably even for that price. Right now though, I can't say it totally fixes the Cowboys. There are still line issues and secondary problems. It helps the offense and might have a positive effect on the defense, but I'm definitely in a wait-and-see mode with to see if that takes effect.
It doesn't fix them but I can't sit here and say I had confidence in Brad Johnson running this offense with only 3 receivers on the roster, 2 running backs including one rookie, a injured fullback and 3 tight ends including a rookie. Roy atleast gets me intrigued again and i'm sure it does this offense as well. Especially with a quarterback like Brad Johnson. TO and Crayton have problems getting open with Romo who buys time. What would've happen with Brad Johnson who is two steps back and its out of there?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #79
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Today:
- Adam Jones
- 2009 1st round draft pick
- 2009 3rd round draft pick
- 2009 6th round draft pick
+ Sam Paulescu
+ Roy Williams
+ 2009 5th round draft pick (from Tenn)
+ 2009 7th round draft pick

2009 Draft:
2nd round draft pick
3rd round draft pick (Clev)
4th round draft pick
4th round draft pick (Det)
5th round draft pick
5th round draft pick (Tenn)
6th round draft pick (Mia)
7th round draft pick
7th round draft pick (Det)

Plus comp picks, one for Reeves (probably a fifth) and one for Julius (probably a sixth).
WHoa what? We got picks for Julius and Reeves? I actually like the fact of having a lot of 4th and 5th round picks. Just even more depth.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That is too much depth on draft day. Package 'em and move up!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote