Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New thought: Dal/Den

What about a Daniels/SNT KVH to Denver for Martin?

Martin is overpaid yes, but he can play some very good D when healthy. I know I would want the doctors to approve of this, but what do people think of the trade.

Linueup of:

PG - Harris/Terry
SG - Howard/Stack/Griff
SF - Martin/ Howard/Stack
PF - Dirk/Martin/Powell
C -- four headed monster

Thoughts?

Would Denver do it?

<Edit> Would this improve the Defense, and the nastiness of the team?

Last edited by dalmations202; 06-26-2006 at 04:56 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

we dont need a pf that makes the max other than the one we already have.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

No, why spend so much on the second best power forward you'd have on the team, when you have more need of improvement other places.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, too much money and he never stays healthy.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

He's NOT going to want to play backup PF minutes (and quite frankly, there won't be many to be had anyway) and I'd rather not trade Quis unless we're getting a good role player or swingman in return.. preferably both in one.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:40 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Trading for a backup at a positiong where dirk is going to get ALL of the minutes doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me.

He's already worn out his welcome on two teams as well. No and nope.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Can a SnT player be combined with another player?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I would not advocate trading for an injured player, ever. That does not make sense to me. However, I can see where Martin (if he was healthy and he most certainly is not) could really help the Mavs. He has the ability to play the 3, 4 or occasionally the 5 spot on defense. He used to be a shut down defender with some ability to score in the low post but mostly off of alley oops and the like. He used to run the floor aggressively and finished spectacularly. He used to be able to rebound very well. He used to be able to guard guys like Amare, Duncan, Nowitzki, etc. If he wasn't injured he would be a terrific player to use at small forward or at PF when Dirk was resting. If, If, If, If, If...................Of course, If he was healthy Denver would want to keep him.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:39 AM   #9
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

The only player I want from the Nuggets roster is Nene Hilario....
Old 06-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #10
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I thought they could if and only if it's done immediately. Then again, I could be thinking of players acquired via trade.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:53 AM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I am not sure...... anyone here spent enough time with the CBA to know?

I'll admit that I made an assumption that you could, but have no idea.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Question?

Is GP and I the only people on this board that think, if healthy, that Martin could play the SF position? At least play the SF on defense, on offense, Dirk plays it anyway, and he could play the inside post threat - dunk the basketball - on offense.

I have been convinced that he probably is not the best choice, but am confused by how many people seem to think he is just a PF. I wouldn't even consider him to be one of the better PF in the league. He is 6'9", not 7' or thereabouts. He is known as a tenacious defender, and I don't remember the offense ever having to run through him. He was pretty good at crashing boards, etc.

I would think that a lineup of:
Harris, Howard, Martin (before the knee), Dirk, Diop would be very good defensively against nearly all teams due to all the athleticism there.

Thoughts?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I don't think Martin was ever quick enough to match up with the quicker small forwards--now that he's had knee problems, I'm not sure he could march well with almost any small forwards.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I don't think he'd be able to match up with SF's especially with the knee troubles.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 06-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Hes an undersized 4 and he cant play any other position. He is what tyrus thomas will be in 3 years.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Nah, Tyrus Thomas will be better.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Tyrus cant do a single thing besides jump well on a basketball court.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

There might not be a player in this draft who has as successful of a career as Kenyon. Whether you like him or not you have to admit he was a pretty danged good player. Plus, every one of these draft picks are shorter than what the sports writers are saying. I keep reading where Tyrus is 6'9". Well, according to the Pre-draft measurements found at draft express (sorry I don't know how to do links) he is really 6'7 1/4 ". For a power forward that is pitifully short. So when he plays against a guy like Dirk he is giving up a minimum of 5 inches in height. I think the small forwards in this draft are even worse. Ever hear of a 6'3" small forward? That is what some of these guys are projected as. I read one writeup talking up a guy that was a legit 6'6". I looked it up. He was 6'4 1/2". In this draft I think it is buyer beware. These guys are so bad that the analysts are trying to latch onto anything positive. I just don't know about this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 10 players ever made a meaningful impact out of this draft.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote