Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #161
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #162
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Who needs her when you have Evangeline Lilly?

Evangeline lilly is 64 times hotter.
Maybe for you. But, for me.. knowing Evangeline's character as Kate on Lost kills it for me. I find her annoying and a pain to watch on the show. As far as the chick on Chuck, I've never seen one episode

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #163
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talk about a Lost boner explosion.

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #164
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just a brunette guy, and I think she's cuter.

But if we cut their heads off (wow, that was morbid) then I'd go with the Australian probably. Too bad she doesn't use her real accent on Chuck, that might put her in the lead.

Anyway....go LOST

p.s. Keep it PG please, alby

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-28-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #165
alby
Guru

I'm not the one posting pictures!

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #166
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

what is PG?

Pr0n Girls?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #167
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take the girl from Chuck, myself.

I'm generally going to favor the brunette over the blond, but not in this match.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-28-2009 at 05:53 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #168
alby
Guru

thig is the man of reason again.

Contact Me
Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #169
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Kate.....
Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #170
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

ok...so I was way wrong about Jones and Mattingly being connected to the Dharma Initiative and Widmore.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #171
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
ok...so I was way wrong about Jones and Mattingly being connected to the Dharma Initiative and Widmore.
ok...so it turns out that the notion that Jones and Mattingly were connected to Widmore wasn't 100% wrong.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #172
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Nor was my notion about US military

Remember the US army knife Ana lucia found in season 2?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #173
alexamenos
Diamond Member

my initial impression of this episode is that the sole purpose was to inform us that Widmore is an "other".

^^^spoiler alert. Don't read the preceding statement if you haven't already watched the episode.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #174
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So we're either led to believe that Widmore becomes the leader of that group (he didn't appear to be there) and Ben usurps his position eventually. "Everything you have you took from me"

Or

Widmore leaves the island eventually and funds the DHARMA initiative or something like that. "Everything you have you took from me" = Ben killing the DHARMA initiative.

In one of the DVD commentaries...I guess it was season 3, they said that Richards' role is basically the guy who determines the next leader, and the leader picks the next Richard, and in that way they keep each other in check. (Not sure how the whole immortality thing works).

Something else we learned today: We thought maybe Richard just appears the same age because he's always time traveling...not so. He didn't seem to know anything other than his current situation in 1954.

Oh and here's this: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/US_Army_knife

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-28-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #175
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Demond and Penny naming their baby that was a little cheesy. I told my wife when she was delivering him that I bet that's his name...and sure enough.

I could sure do without Faraday loves Charlotte crap as well. She's clearly going to die, right?

She better watch out anyway. Apparently the dude experiments on chicks he loves and he leaves their consciences' scattered through time. That was brutal.

Where are Bernard and Rose? How many more stinking red shirts are there left to kill?

The conversation with Widmore was maddening as always. I guess there's no doubt that Mrs Hawking is Dan's mum?

Speaking of which. Did you notice how terse the little girl with the gun was? The little English girl. The little English girl named "Ellie". Like as in Eloise. Like as in Faraday's ferret. Am I reaching pretty hard? Yeah maybe.

edit: Actually, didn't he say she looked familiar? Crazy theory: That little english girl is Mrs. Hawking.

Faraday's lack of English accent confuses that theory, but I think it's a good one.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-29-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #176
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Locke rules!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #177
alby
Guru

"YOUR NAME IS WIDMORE?"

Contact Me
Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #178
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The thing I wonder about the most as I ponder is still the logistics of the season.

The Oceanic 6 live (in the first two episodes of this season) in early 2008, if the "Three years ago" screen captions were to be believed. This is when they will set out by boat or plane or balloon or submarine or whatever, to return to the island.

The "left behinders" are...well they're all over the place, but thus far, in typical LOST on-island story telling fashion, they've experienced only about 2 days worth of time in 3 episodes.

If that continues, and they only experience days or weeks of time as the "flashes" continue, and the Oceanic 6 come back at the end of this season (presumably?)..how do they meet up? And when they do, does Kate say to Sawyer "I haven't seen you in 3 years" and Sawyers says "What are you talking about, baby, it's only been 2 weeks?"

And in what time period will they be?

I am assuming that the two groups will meet up at all, of course. I wonder if they show up with Locke's body and Locke is there. If not, John will be leaving the island pretty quick, right?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #179
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
edit: Actually, didn't he say she looked familiar? Crazy theory: That little english girl is Mrs. Hawking.

Faraday's lack of English accent confuses that theory, but I think it's a good one.
I wouldn't call it a crazy feeling at all. I think it's dang near a guarantee that that little English girl who doesn't move her mouth when she talks is Mrs. Hawking. You see, it's a guarantee because in the "enhanced" episode before it, they said her name was Eloise Hawking.

What a mind-f of an episode.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 01-29-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #180
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I guess this all lends a little evidence to Richards claim in the third season that the others have been "waiting for John" for a long time.

Stuff like that...stuff like Ana lucia finding the US army knife in the second season....I'm starting to wonder if people really do underestimate the writing of this show, and how long this has all been in the making.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-29-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:35 AM   #181
alby
Guru

people who underestimate the writing of this show should step forward so we can make fun of you.

Contact Me
Old 01-29-2009, 03:12 AM   #182
alby
Guru

Now we know for sure that the item Locke was supposed to pick when Richard visited him as a child is the compass. Pretty amazing stuff.

Contact Me
Old 01-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #183
alby
Guru

random tidbits:

- So the enhanced episode of The Lie pointed out that Faraday's mom's name is Eloise, which is also his rat's name at Oxford. I'm starting to think Ms. Hawking is Daniel's mom. Also, in tonight's episode a girl named "Ellie" was introduced to us, and Daniel said she reminded him of someone...
- I have a question on this whole light flashing thing. So, when the light flashed in the middle of the conversation between Locke and Richard, does Locke just disappear from Richard's sights? If that were the case, wouldn't everyone in the camp that we know (Miles, Charlotte, etc.) be considered special? Or does Locke just continue to live in that time period? very very confusing stuff.
- Do we know if Widmore knows who Jacob is?
- So, I think the only way to get back to the island is die. How bad does Widmore want to get back? Is this why he's exhausting so much of his resources to try to get back alive?
- Is it me or was Richard wearing clothes that looked post-1950s?

Contact Me
Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #184
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite moment of the night: "You think that old man knows the island better than me?!?!".

Cut to Locke observing the camp. Loved it. Laughed out loud.

Episodes of Lost without whining Jack are such an unexpected treat.

Oh, and the Faraday character...greatness. I love how when they first introduced him they just showed us the tip of the iceberg. And as the show has moved on we've seen more and more of his role in this thing. At this point you have to call him a ridiculously major player, right up there with Ben, Locke, Jack, etc. I love it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-29-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #185
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wow, did they really say that Mrs Hawkings' first name is Eloise? I didn't watch that replay of "The Lie". That's a pretty spoilery thing to do on a re-run.

So that's it then...the little girl is definitely Mrs. Hawking. We found out that Widmore was with the Others. We found out that Richard is definitely just flat out old, not time traveling. We found out that the US Military was going to use the island to test a bomb.

Did this episode give us more information than questions? That is weird.

So where else do we go in time from here? We know from the premier that we're going to the early DHARMA time. Will we see young Rousseau?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #186
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Yankee

Quote:
Jughead

Yankee was originally intended to be a test of a simplified and lightened bomb version (the TX-16, or "emergency capability" EC-16) of the large and complex cryogenic device (the first successful multi-stage fusion device) tested in Ivy Mike. A small number of EC-16s were produced on an emergency basis to provide a stop-gap thermonuclear weapon capability in response to the Russian nuclear weapons program.

The test device, code-named "Jughead", had been prepared as a backup in case the non-cryogenic "Shrimp" fusion device (first tested in Castle Bravo) failed to work. The test of "Jughead" was cancelled when the Bravo device was successful, and the few EC-16s which were actually built were withdrawn and dismantled.
There's a picture there....it doesn't look anything like the bomb in the show. Just thought it was interesting, since you know the writers research this stuff beforehand.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #187
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Thanks to flac for recommending these guys....some jiggy stuff in the EW recaps of the episode last night.

recap 1
recap 2

Dharma initiative -- not so much an outside thing, but a secessionist movement followed by a civil war with the "hostiles." That's a different way to view DI that seems quite plausible.

Faraday -- The New Jack, an emotionally unstable doctor cast as the role of leader of the not-others.

--

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-29-2009 at 10:57 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #188
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I only read the first page of that first recap (don't have time to read it all right now) but I think that guy is missing the key to Desmond. The rules don't apply to Desmond, meaning that someone can interact with him in the past and it dose not change his entire time line. It changes Desmond's memory in real time. So whatever time it "truly" is, that's when Desmond picks up that memory.

Meaning that yes, we are seeing Desmond and Penny during the same time as Jack and the rest; three years later.

Right?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #189
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I only read the first page of that first recap (don't have time to read it all right now) but I think that guy is missing the key to Desmond. The rules don't apply to Desmond, meaning that someone can interact with him in the past and it dose not change his entire time line. It changes Desmond's memory in real time. So whatever time it "truly" is, that's when Desmond picks up that memory.

Meaning that yes, we are seeing Desmond and Penny during the same time as Jack and the rest; three years later.

Right?
That is my take as well.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #190
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yep, i agree with that. After all, their son looks to be about 2-3 years old.

I also knew his name was going to be Charlie. Cheesy, yes, but expected. desmond and charlie had a bond. Desmond kept saving charlie's life, then charlie saved his.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #191
alexamenos
Diamond Member

I thought Juliette was kind of hot last night for some reason. In the past she's never really done it for me, but last night I felt my loins tingle a little when she was on the tube. I don't know why.

I have nothing more substantial to offer than this ^^^.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #192
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
yep, i agree with that. After all, their son looks to be about 2-3 years old.

I also knew his name was going to be Charlie. Cheesy, yes, but expected. desmond and charlie had a bond. Desmond kept saving charlie's life, then charlie saved his.
Remember, Charlie = Charles, as well. Dum dum dum.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #193
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Thanks to flac for recommending these guys....some jiggy stuff in the EW recaps of the episode last night.

recap 1
recap 2

Dharma initiative -- not so much an outside thing, but a secessionist movement followed by a civil war with the "hostiles." That's a different way to view DI that seems quite plausible.

Faraday -- The New Jack, an emotionally unstable doctor cast as the role of leader of the not-others.

--
Whoever that spare is doing the ew.com recap as a fill in....he sucks. I don't think he understood a lot of what he saw last night. They need to get the regular guy to do his usual long recap.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #194
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Episodes of Lost without whining Jack are such an unexpected treat.
this was actually the first thing I told my roommate after the show. "Lost is so much better without Jack."

Contact Me
Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #195
alby
Guru

Quote:
I thought Juliette was kind of hot last night for some reason. In the past she's never really done it for me, but last night I felt my loins tingle a little when she was on the tube. I don't know why.

I have nothing more substantial to offer than this ^^^.
Lost boner.

Contact Me
Old 01-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #196
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

LOST is better than viagra.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #197
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you ever seen Gia?

There's a pretty hot scene between the actress who plays Juliette and Angelina Jolie...

[I probably don't have to warn you about watching this at work, so I'll just say "you're welcome" instead!]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #198
alexamenos
Diamond Member

I'm gonna need three or four minutes of "alone time" now.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #199
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

To cry?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #200
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

whoa, i just thought of something...

with all the time travel happening... What if Desmond's son Charlie is actually hobbit Charlie?

i have no idea if that's feasible. After all, he had a brother (was he older?), and i can't remember if we saw his actual parents. but it just entered my mind and had to post.

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost