Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #401
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm watching the game on my DVR, which is my first time to watch it actually being able to hear the sound clearly. I knew there were a ton of Mavs fans there, but I am blown away at how loud the cheering is for Mavs buckets. And I'm not even out of the first quarter yet.

Absolutely insane that we got that kind of presence there. Love it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #402
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I just re-watched it. Wow. All I can say still is...wow.

Everyone contributed...I mean, there's no way to watch it and not just come away with "this was a team effort."

Mahinmi...Cardinal, Barea... Just...everyone had a hand in that one, and let's not limit our perceptions to one game or even one series. Peja had some great games earlier in the playoffs when people were wondering "where the hell is Marion?"

And then Marion delivers ridiculous (RIDICULOUS!) series against OKC and Miami.

There were matchups that needed personnel and the Mavs were full of it. Whatever you threw at them..this guy had a big series here, this other guy had a big series there... TEAM, baby. team.

It's interesting to go back and look at the Miami body language. Upon further review, Bosh was showing signs of frustration throughout and Wade was looking like he knew exactly how sh^t was going down. It was only Lebron who looked truly lost and oblivious. What a bitch.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #403
PlanoMavs74

PlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the rough

I wonder if Ross Perot is done suing Cuban now... hahaha
PlanoMavs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #404
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
So I'm watching the game on my DVR, which is my first time to watch it actually being able to hear the sound clearly. I knew there were a ton of Mavs fans there, but I am blown away at how loud the cheering is for Mavs buckets. And I'm not even out of the first quarter yet.

Absolutely insane that we got that kind of presence there. Love it.
i never heard the sound clearly at the end of the games because i had this ritual all playoffs. i would stand on my feet (usually with my hands on my head pacing) the entire 4th quarter, and in the last 5 or so minutes of the game, i would mute my tv, and turn out all the lights in the house.

i know it sounds psychotic, but we won the championship, damn it.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #405
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Still hasn't quite sunk in yet.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #406
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

just a great season
Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #407
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

NBA CHAMPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i love those guys!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #408
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I re-watched the game last night and I was struck by how different of an experience it was. Watching in real time the game seemed absolutely surreal and completely chaotic. Rewatching...it kinda looked like a pretty normal basketball game. Living and dying with every miss or make tends to alter one's perception i suppose.

-- "King" James: Really not very good. His game's worst -24 for the game had a lot to do with the way he played. He was confused and useless and shitty against the zone in the first half when the mavs made their run. (The heat went on their run when Wade replaced him and started getting into the paint time and time again and collapsing the zone.) In the second half he too frequently looked like a guy who couldn't get the ball out of his hands quickly enough. About the only good things he did in the game were draw the charges on Chandler, grea production if you're a scrub role player, not so great if you're the King;

-- Dirk's one make in the first half was the exact same move from the exact same position on the floor as the NBA Championship Dagger shot he hit with 2:27 to play. That's kind of cool....kinda like the basketball gods said 'Dirk, we're going to put you through the ringer one last time in the first half, but we're going to give you a full-on dress rehearsal for the shot to seal the deal.'

-- Yeah, team win. Every player for the mavs contributed much positive stuff. Cardinal with his three and the dwayne charge, JJB for numerous reasons, Stevenson's string o' threes, Kidd for being Kidd, Mahinmi's dirk-esque one legged fade away, etc.... If Dirk goes 6-12 in the first half, this game was easily a 20 point blow out....and that's about how competitive the game was.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #409
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Speaking of "team win"...this is a tweet I read this morning (sorry, don't know how to copy it into here, so I'm just going to type in who tweeted it for credit).

@ESPN_Caplan @NBAStatsCube In Brian Cardinal's 12 min on court in Game 6, Dal outscored Mia 35-17. True Shooting: Dal 75% Mia 44%

The CUSTODIAN!!

Also, saw this from Ron-Ron:
@skindoeshoops @ronartest I can't wait to get my second ring!!! I'm keeping that one!!! Mavs inspired me to play team ball Wowzers 12 strong better than a hot three

Gotta love crazy ole Artest.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #410
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Although it's probably been mentioned many times, I've got so say that this was probably the worst home crowd I've ever seen in a game of this magnitude. Absolutely pathetic and such a contrast to the incredibly lively and supportive AAC crowd.

The one thing that still baffles me is how fast the game was (or seemed to be) over in the 4th quarter. Usually, one would think that this was the type of game that never seems to end, the type of game where 12 minutes feel like an eternity. Dirk said it in one of his interviews that he felt the clock wouldn't seem to run down. To me, it never felt that way. Maybe it was because of the Heat not being able to hit shots or our offensive rebounds that gave us numerous extra possessions to run down the clock. Maybe it wasn't all that and a perfectly nerve-wracking 4th quarter instead. Still, the abrupt realization that we were about to be champions had me in a state of disbelief. No final run? No crashing into the lane from Wade and LeBron? No 6th foul on Chandler? No fight? Just one intentional foul?

Everything went our way in that quarter and it almost looked like the Heat knew they were done--done against this Mavs team, especially in the 4th quarter. They didn't seem to believe in themselves and literally surrendered in the final minutes of the game, knowing that they couldn't overcome the Mavs like they overcame the Bulls and Celtics, especially in the final minutes.

One could argue that this Heat team beat itself in the final minutes of Game 2 with its carelessness and arrogance and gave away a huge chance to take control of the series. Instead, the Mavs grabbed their chance, took control of this series themselves and went on to dominate the Heat in convincing fashion. This final game was a statement game and the perfect exclamation point: Despite the officiating, despite the foul trouble for Chandler and Dirk, despite the Haywood injury--we still came out on top and beat the Heat on their home floor without ever giving them a chance in the 2nd half to get back into this series.

Bravo!
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #411
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Although it's probably been mentioned many times, I've got so say that this was probably the worst home crowd I've ever seen in a game of this magnitude. Absolutely pathetic and such a contrast to the incredibly lively and supportive AAC crowd.

The one thing that still baffles me is how fast the game was (or seemed to be) over in the 4th quarter. Usually, one would think that this was the type of game that never seems to end, the type of game where 12 minutes feel like an eternity. Dirk said it in one of his interviews that he felt the clock wouldn't seem to run down. To me, it never felt that way. Maybe it was because of the Heat not being able to hit shots or our offensive rebounds that gave us numerous extra possessions to run down the clock. Maybe it wasn't all that and a perfectly nerve-wracking 4th quarter instead. Still, the abrupt realization that we were about to be champions had me in a state of disbelief. No final run? No crashing into the lane from Wade and LeBron? No 6th foul on Chandler? No fight? Just one intentional foul?

Everything went our way in that quarter and it almost looked like the Heat knew they were done--done against this Mavs team, especially in the 4th quarter. They didn't seem to believe in themselves and literally surrendered in the final minutes of the game, knowing that they couldn't overcome the Mavs like they overcame the Bulls and Celtics, especially in the final minutes.

One could argue that this Heat team beat itself in the final minutes of Game 2 with its carelessness and arrogance and gave away a huge chance to take control of the series. Instead, the Mavs grabbed their chance, took control of this series themselves and went on to dominate the Heat in convincing fashion. This final game was a statement game and the perfect exclamation point: Despite the officiating, despite the foul trouble for Chandler and Dirk, despite the Haywood injury--we still came out on top and beat the Heat on their home floor without ever giving them a chance in the 2nd half to get back into this series.

Bravo!
Love this post, 100% dead-on...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #412
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bravo!
Destiny.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #413
NBA_fan_LA

NBA_fan_LA is on a distinguished road

Big congratulations to all you fans and the Dallas Mavericks for an awesome playoff run.
I knew the league and my Lakers were in trouble when Cuban signed Tyson Chandler.
I never knew what resilience, heart and determination your core had. The way the Heat, Thunder and even the Lakers (on rare occasion) would put together a run that would beat down most teams, the Mav's kept coming back strong.
Enjoy the trophy, the bragging rights and that banner that will be hanging from your rafters for all to see. Most of all enjoy this moment that you all waited for so long.
My team was beaten by the best so a big internet high 5 to the Mavericks and especially all you Mav's fans.
#1.

Last edited by NBA_fan_LA; 06-14-2011 at 11:20 AM.
NBA_fan_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #414
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Dalger.

I still thought Miami played with more effort at home in the first two games than their last one. IMO the 2-3-2 favors road team. Not that it is a big excuse since the better team won, but having three home games in a row is huge....especially with the Heat choking away Game 2.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #415
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Chandler on the Ticket. Talking about the team wearing black to Game 6.

"We said 'everybody wear black. Because tonight, the Heat die."

Old 06-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #416
MavsRChamps

MavsRChamps will become famous soon enough

Plz excuse me for a minute....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW WWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. That just had to be said again. How sweet that is....
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #417
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Dampier was apparently at the LIV party
Old 06-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #418
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
Still hasn't quite sunk in yet.
Same here. I never felt anything like that in my life. I was obviously awake, but for moments, i honestly wondered if this is really happening, like in some movie, when they say that, but you never feel that in real life. Now i felt, and frankly it was weird. But it passed pretty soon, and then was a little crying, yelling, etc. I have to order some merchandise sooner or later. Now back to reading articles, and watching videos.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #419
Arayo
Banned

Arayo is infamous around these parts

Haha check out hipster Dirk if you haven't seen it yet! Hope to see everyone at the parade on thursday!

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/0...irk-is-so-alt/

Zach Nims

If you have any extra time help a mavs fan win a commercial contest! It's promoting audiobooks and using X-men 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRos...el_video_title
Arayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #420
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Awesome story:

Mavs went to a bar last night with Cuban. He tells some media guy "hey, can you go pop my trunk and bring whatever's in there in?" Guy goes out, the bloody TROPHY is in Cuban's trunk. Guy enters the bar holding the trophy, bar explodes, everyone breaks out singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #421
MavsRChamps

MavsRChamps will become famous soon enough

You know, the more you realize that all af this is not a freakin' dream but reality, the better the feeling gets. What a masterpiece. I'd just love to be in Dallas right now.

Last edited by MavsRChamps; 06-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #422
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsRChamps View Post
You know, the more you realize that all af this is not a freakin' dream but reality, the better the feeling gets. What a masterpiece. I'd just love to be in Dallas right now.
The reality of it keeps hitting me in waves.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #423
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
Awesome story:

Mavs went to a bar last night with Cuban. He tells some media guy "hey, can you go pop my trunk and bring whatever's in there in?" Guy goes out, the bloody TROPHY is in Cuban's trunk. Guy enters the bar holding the trophy, bar explodes, everyone breaks out singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.
Now they're partying like champs.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #424
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
Awesome story:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/...uban_and_b.php

This is what you speak of... the last one is partial vid of it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #425
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone wants to know how the Germans celebrated (Würzburg)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZGPTiBP5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbXfMRMrEpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVWGt31Ydo
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #426
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
You guys are hardcore.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #427
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That IS hardcore!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #428
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

One thing that just came to my mind is that this offseason will be incredibly comfortable to endure compared to ALL the offseasons in the past. A championship had been the ultimate goal for such a long time, especially after 2006, and every season that passed by without achieving this goal was unsatisfying. Every time we fell short, I felt unrest immediately afterwards and couldn't wait for the next season to begin to have another shot.

All of that tension is gone now--the championship brought relief. I know that waiting at least another four-and-a-half months for the next season to begin will eventually bother me and I'll be damn happy to see our guys on the court again playing basketball and chasing a ring, but it won't be because of that lingering and somewhat uncomfortable feeling in the back of my head that there's unfinished business to take care of.

In a way, we're freed now--freed from the fear of never being able to see Dirk and the Mavs have the ultimate success.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #429
Heatfan5

Heatfan5 will become famous soon enough

Let me take my hat off to you guys. Magical run this year and your team deserves it. Big Heat fan but happy for Dirk and Kidd esp. It doesn't matter who you are a fan of you got to love those guys getting there title after paying their dues for so long. Hopefully we will see you again next year. Dont buy into ESPN there is no reason yall cant or wont be back in the same position next year.
Heatfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #430
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

It's day two since the epic win and I still can't believe it. I still feel the emotions welling up inside of me. I love this team so much. This victory means so much, just amazing.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #431
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
It's day two since the epic win and I still can't believe it. I still feel the emotions welling up inside of me. I love this team so much. This victory means so much, just amazing.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Imagine how charged up Caron will be next year since he had to watch the entire run from the bench!
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #432
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One thing that just came to my mind is that this offseason will be incredibly comfortable to endure compared to ALL the offseasons in the past. A championship had been the ultimate goal for such a long time, especially after 2006, and every season that passed by without achieving this goal was unsatisfying. Every time we fell short, I felt unrest immediately afterwards and couldn't wait for the next season to begin to have another shot.

All of that tension is gone now--the championship brought relief. I know that waiting at least another four-and-a-half months for the next season to begin will eventually bother me and I'll be damn happy to see our guys on the court again playing basketball and chasing a ring, but it won't be because of that lingering and somewhat uncomfortable feeling in the back of my head that there's unfinished business to take care of.

In a way, we're freed now--freed from the fear of never being able to see Dirk and the Mavs have the ultimate success.
Exactly. I know around October, I will itch to watch Mav basketball again. But this is the first time that I have EVER felt like Who gives a f*ck about the offseason/draft/etc? I mean after the Mavs lost I always immediately shifted to "how can the Mavs get better..."....

The Mavs to me were always the ultimate tease. Like going on a date with the hottest woman in town, but knowing damn well that you won't get anything from her. Well, at around 10:00 p.m. central time.... not only did I finish the date with her, I got to roll over and start snoring (or light up a cigarette whichever you prefer), because the hottest woman in town just took me to bed.

Last edited by Bayliss; 06-14-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #433
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Dampier was apparently at the LIV party
I doubt Dampier is that close with Miami. Especially since they benched him. Might as well celebrate with Dallas.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #434
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MVP MVP LOL
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #435
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL, rocking the bus.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #436
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

this.

I think i can finally really enjoy to watch a Mavs game. Every season after 2007 i watched at least 60-70 regular season games live, waking up in the middle of the night, getting incredible pissed with stupid losses in Milwaukee or against the Clippers and always almost desperatly looking for that little bride spot in every loss why it still could be our year to win it all...

The next years until Dirks retirement gonna be fun.

Quote:
Exactly. I know around October, I will itch to watch Mav basketball again. But this is the first time that I have EVER felt like Who gives a f*ck about the offseason/draft/etc? I mean after the Mavs lost I always immediately shifted to "how can the Mavs get better..."....
And honestly im thinking allready about the new CBA and if we can re-sign all the guys for a re(three)-peat

Last edited by sefant77; 06-14-2011 at 11:55 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #437
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Just finished rewatching the game along with all the videos on youtube and I still can't believe we are champions. Guys we are the world champions! haha we finally did it, won the last game of the season. We did it! hahaha, I love this. Amazing.

Edit: Has this sunk in for anyone yet? I wake up everyday since the win and I'm still in shock. People at work talk to me about it and I feel choked up all over again and I can't even express to them what this win means. Because they won't understand, they just don't. And you look at the Mav's faces after they won and you read all the comments on this board and to know other people understand what it is to have won this game, it's just so amazing. I can't get over this.

Last edited by GhostFace; 06-15-2011 at 10:26 PM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #438
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Just finished rewatching the game along with all the videos on youtube and I still can't believe we are champions. Guys we are the world champions! haha we finally did it, won the last game of the season. We did it! hahaha, I love this. Amazing.

Edit: Has this sunk in for anyone yet? I wake up everyday since the win and I'm still in shock. People at work talk to me about it and I feel choked up all over again and I can't even express to them what this win means. Because they won't understand, they just don't. And you look at the Mav's faces after they won and you read all the comments on this board and to know other people understand what it is to have won this game, it's just so amazing. I can't get over this.
Agree with all of it, especially this.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-15-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #439
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

Did anybody see Caron on ESPN this morning? He said he would have been cleared to play had there been a game 7. And that they had his jersey ready for him to suit up and everything...amazing
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:52 AM   #440
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Still completely surreal that on every page / news the team is called "NBA champion Mavs" or sth like that. I will have to get used to it I guess
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attention whore murph, dirk, dirk > any tag ever, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk=god of heat, dirk=god of thunder, dirk=nba champion!, epic fail bump, i can die now