Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-10-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this lineup:

BT, Crystal Method, Überzone, Paul Oakenfold, Danny Tenaglia, Armand Van Helden, Roni Size, Deep Dish, LTJ Bukem, Mix Master Mike, Sandra Collins, Junior Sanchez, Carl Craig, DJs Jimmy Van M, Derrick Carter, DJ Rap, Doc Martin, Dave Ralph, Stacey Pullen, Christopher Lawrence, Dieselboy, Mark Farina, DJ Craze, DJ Dan, Terry Mullan, Bad Boy Bill, Misstress Barbara, Andy C, DJ Hype, Grooverider and Mr. C.

Tour Dates:

Dallas, TX (Wed, 8/8)
Tampa, FL (Fri, 8/10)
Miami Beach, FL (Sat, 8/11)
New York, NY (Sat, 8/18)
Detroit, MI (Fri, 8/24)
Chicago, IL (Sat, 8/15)
San Fran, CA (Sat, 9/01)
LA, CA (Sun, 9/02)
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2001, 07:14 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try to catch the Sept. 1 date in San Fran. Some of my faves are BT, Crystal Method, Paul Oakenfold, Mix Master Mike, and DJ Rap (SHE'S SOOO FREAKIN HOT!!). My friend's also in love with Dieselboy and Deep Dish, so I'm looking forward to those guys as well. Anyone else into this type of stuff? I'm more into the rap/hiphop stuff nowadays, but my roots are pretty deeply embedded in the rave/electronic scene. In fact I plan to get back into dj'ing once I move out to Cali next month.
Old 07-10-2001, 07:50 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

BT, Crystal Method, Überzone, Paul Oakenfold, Danny Tenaglia, Armand Van Helden, Roni Size, Deep Dish, LTJ Bukem, Mix Master Mike, Sandra Collins, Junior Sanchez, Carl Craig, DJs Jimmy Van M, Derrick Carter, DJ Rap, Doc Martin, Dave Ralph, Stacey Pullen, Christopher Lawrence, Dieselboy, Mark Farina, DJ Craze, DJ Dan, Terry Mullan, Bad Boy Bill, Misstress Barbara, Andy C, DJ Hype, Grooverider and Mr. C.

I don't even recognize ONE of those names. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:51 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Wait - doesn't Doc Martin make shoes?
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 08:16 PM   #5
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Andy C, Roni Size, Ltj Bukem, Dj Rap, Dj Hype and Grooverider are all Drum&Bass DJ´s. That´s the kind of music I´m into for 7 years now. It´s pretty big in England and German club Scene. Andy C, Roni Size and Grooverider are actually real good. Hype used to be good but declined the last few years. And Dj Rap, well... she looks good.
We have partys with better lineups in Germany, but that´s a decent lineup anyways. Have fun DJ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 08:21 PM   #6
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

DJ,
If you are interested in Drum&Bass or techstep you should check out this site.. They have alot of interesting stuff there.
Old 07-10-2001, 08:23 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Yea I figured you'd have something to say about this Fidel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know the electronic scene here in the States doesn't even compare to England or Germany's. It's more of a novelty here than anything imo. I remember a few years ago when every mag declared the electro/techno invasion was taking over. Translation: MTV is now airing vids by the Chemical Bros. and the Prodigy
Old 07-10-2001, 08:24 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

I'll be sure to check it out Fidel. I visit djmixed.com from time to time. Hiphop's great, but I'd really like to get back to spinning dance/techno/trance beats.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:48 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"BT, Crystal Method, Überzone, Paul Oakenfold, Danny Tenaglia, Armand Van Helden, Roni Size, Deep Dish, LTJ Bukem, Mix Master Mike, Sandra Collins, Junior Sanchez, Carl Craig, DJs Jimmy Van M, Derrick Carter, DJ Rap, Doc Martin, Dave Ralph, Stacey Pullen, Christopher Lawrence, Dieselboy, Mark Farina, DJ Craze, DJ Dan, Terry Mullan, Bad Boy Bill, Misstress Barbara, Andy C, DJ Hype, Grooverider and Mr. C."

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 01:09 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

BTW, do you like The Prodigy? I've been a fan of their's for years, and was pretty excited to hear they've decided to release a new album. Liam's last release, The Dirtchamber Sessions, was ok but a little too vintage-sounding for my tastes. I used to run a fan site (PRODGE.COM) but gave up on it because of lack of time.
Old 07-11-2001, 10:40 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I don't like Prodigy...they're way to freaky for me.
Old 07-12-2001, 12:18 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Yea I used to freak out my roommate in college (during my freshman year) by playing my Prodge vids and stuff all the time. Maybe that's why we didn't get along very well at first [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But once we moved into our new suite and started playing NBA Live 98, life was good!
Old 07-13-2001, 11:33 AM   #13
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Yes...basketball is much better than freaky music.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:24 PM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Sorry it took me so long DJ.
Of course I like TheProdigy. They kind of stardted the whole breakbeat thing in the UK with their hit "everybody is in the place". I also like their new, ill stuff. That´s pretty much the look and feel you have when you attend a drum&bass or jungle party in Germany. It´s a bit like japanese manga-anime. The only thing I didn´t like was that they became kind of popstars in the late 90´s, especially Keith Flint.
Old 07-14-2001, 01:50 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

I agree. It was somewhat bittersweet, seeing my fave band finally getting some international exposure. But Flint's new look was a bit overkill. Oh well..it's all about Liam [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2001, 01:51 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

BTW, what new stuff are you talking about? I haven't been keeping up much. I know they made an announcement regarding their next album, but have they released anything since the Dirtchamber Sessions?
Old 07-15-2001, 12:26 PM   #17
Fidel
Diamond Member

I actually meaned the Dirtchamber stuff. Well I guess that´s pretty old now, but still their newest and they didn´t have any style changes since then (their last change was pretty dramatic, but I liked it anyways).