Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-15-2003, 12:02 PM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default EStrick and Skinner off the market

Bucks reach agreement with guard, big man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com

The Milwaukee Bucks have reached contract agreements with unrestricted free agents Erick Strickland and Brian Skinner, ESPN has learned.

Strickland, a guard, is expected to sign a two-year, $3.1 million deal. He averaged 6.5 points and 2.9 assists last season with the Pacers.

Skinner, a forward/center, will sign a three-year, $5 million contract. He averaged 6.0 points and 4.8 rebounds per game with the 76ers last season.

Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2003, 07:48 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: EStrick and Skinner off the market

Skinner was one of the guys I was interested in if we were to miss out on guys like Moiso or Coleman.

Both players are nice pickups for the Bucks.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:57 PM   #3
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default EStrick and Skinner off the market

I have no idea what the Bucks are doing. I sorta like Skinner (former classmate) and Strickland, but both are hustlers. Similar to a Najara role. The Bucks and Harris gave away Cassell, didn't try to sign Payton and are now stuck with a nice player in Mason for Ray Allen, and traded Big Dog for Toni Kukuc. I never really liked the big three in Milwaukee as a group but a few years ago they were one of the big things in the East. They hardly got anything back for these three. Now they are signing hustlers but are lacking in talent as a team. Although they do have George Karl at 7 mil per season[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 07:47 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: EStrick and Skinner off the market

seems like they overpaid for these guys, especially Skinner, although i do like him. wish he still sported the goggles, though. i remember watching him play (with other college players like keith closs and ricky price) and the olympic trials (or something like that) in Denver back in 96, i believe. of course these guys weren't going to make the olympic team (since it's the dream team), but the committee had basketball anyway to bring in more money.

anyway, skinner was sportin' some SWEET goggles.