Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-16-2003, 08:31 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default I love NY

The NY Daily News says the Knicks offered Sprewell for Ginobli.

Can you think of any universe where that would be a good trade? Who's more delusional, the NY media or the Knicks themselves?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2003, 08:56 AM   #2
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough
Default I love NY

Well,

Given that they only gave Ginobli a two year deal and will have to spend their cap space next year to keep him then it might be a decent move. Spree I think has 2 years left so they will get that back and have his bird rights. He is a much better defender than Ginobli which they will have to have on the perimeter if they want to contend with the lakers, because Rasho is a downgrade from Robinson is only because he intimidates no one, is not a great shot blocker and gets no love from the refs. Also, he will not be able to come off of shaq or malone to give help. Of course to take sprees attitude problem off of their hands, I would insist on something extra. As for the Knicks I don't see why they would do it because of the 2 year deal.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:46 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I love NY

oh my.

Manu stays.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road
Default I love NY

Hey we should try to get sprewell for AJ or Esch. i wouldnt mind on that.
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #5
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default I love NY

13.5 million to 1.5 million. yep the money works under the 115%. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:00 AM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default I love NY

Actually Ummmm OK, I think that it would be allowed by the CBA because SA is under the cap. The 115% rule is invoked when both teams are over the cap.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:03 AM   #7
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: I love NY

Than lets send NVE to San Antonio for Ginooli. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:08 AM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I think both teams need to be under the cap in order to get around the 115% rule. New York is certainly not under the cap.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 12:33 PM   #9
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default I love NY

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
The NY Daily News says the Knicks offered Sprewell for Ginobli.

Can you think of any universe where that would be a good trade? Who's more delusional, the NY media or the Knicks themselves?
Wait until this next offseason when possibly both KG and Kobe are free agents. U haven't seen anything yet from the NY papers.

KG for Charlie Ward and Lampe???
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Ginobili will stay in SA. He will be signed again next year.

Edit: Sounded like news. No, just a prediction.

Old 07-16-2003, 01:54 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default I love NY

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I think both teams need to be under the cap in order to get around the 115% rule. New York is certainly not under the cap.
I dunno.. remember the Phoenix/Detroit trade when Detroit (I think) had cap? Phoenix surely didn't. Gave up Cliff Robinson and got Jud Buechler back.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 01:59 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default I love NY

Latrell who?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I love NY

Good one Chicago JK. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 03:31 PM   #14
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default I love NY

Quote:
Originally posted by: Stressboy
Well,

Given that they only gave Ginobli a two year deal and will have to spend their cap space next year to keep him then it might be a decent move. Spree I think has 2 years left so they will get that back and have his bird rights. He is a much better defender than Ginobli which they will have to have on the perimeter if they want to contend with the lakers, because Rasho is a downgrade from Robinson is only because he intimidates no one, is not a great shot blocker and gets no love from the refs. Also, he will not be able to come off of shaq or malone to give help. Of course to take sprees attitude problem off of their hands, I would insist on something extra. As for the Knicks I don't see why they would do it because of the 2 year deal.

Stressboy

I think Rasho is gonna flop and Duncan is going to go back to center, and Rose will start a pf. Rose always seems to play well when he plays the Mavs or plays over 30 minutes.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #15
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road
Default I love NY

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I dunno.. remember the Phoenix/Detroit trade when Detroit (I think) had cap? Phoenix surely didn't. Gave up Cliff Robinson and got Jud Buechler back.
You're correct. Each team participating in a trade must, following the trade, EITHER a) be no more than $100,000 over the cap OR b) take back no more than 115% of the salary traded away. Of course, why San Antonio would want to WASTE all that cap room AND give up Manu for Spree is a mystery for people outside of the Big Apple.