He's gonna go fill Rasho's spot.

Oh well another loss for the Mavs.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default Kandi a Wolf

Sorry y'all I beat ya to the punch.

If Kandi does well in Minny I'll be very angry even though I like the T-Wolves. Because we could have had him if the Nellies would get off their beer drinkin asses and actually pursue these players.

Hell, Pop drove to frickin Slovenia to endear Rasho.......sheesh
Old 07-16-2003, 01:01 AM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kandi a Wolf

I think that any assumed propensity of the Nelson's to sit on their asses and drink beer will be far more productive for the glorious franchise of the Mavericks, than their slavering after the favors and services of spare-ass-punk-naer-do-wells like retreads Rasho or Kandi Man...

The Spurs have seen their dream off-season consumed by a blazing, vaporous flame of shit- and have thus reaped the rewards of a an $8 million a year 6 rpg fool. At the same time, the T-Wolves are grasping at straws in signing crap-ass-play-for-pay-Olowokandi, in order to clamber out of their traditional first round grave, and have a hope of resigning Garnett next Summer...

I will say that if your earlier assertion was correct, I would be damned, damned happy to see the Nelson's swilling some beers in celebration of not aquiring spare ass talents like Sparo Nesterovich, and Stumblebum Olowokandiman...
Old 07-16-2003, 01:06 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Kandi a Wolf

The Mavs were/are too busy trying to get Brad Miller instead. Especially knowing they have to work out a 3-team trade to get him here.

I can't believe Kandi accepted the MLE, and knowing the Mavs, they probably didn't even bother calling him.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Rasho is going to thrive in SA. Not sure I would have locked him up that long, but he's going to be a handful next to Duncan.

And now we have to deal with a Kandi/KG front court.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:32 AM   #5
Rod1975
Golden Member

Default Kandi a Wolf

Evil I'm attesting to the incompetence overall of getting a big body through free agency.

Those so-called spares would do a hell of alot better than Bradley at the back up center role.

If either of these young so-called spares have any kind of impact with their teams, they will vastly improve their teams chances of winning.

If Kandi can go for 12,9 and 2 in Minny, that team will make it to the second round. McHale will improve this guy imo.

If hypothetically, he could have put up those same numbers as a Mav....fugeddaboutit.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:49 AM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kandi a Wolf

We'll just have to see about this business...

In my opinion, we burned our own off-season, and helped create a potential Laker Juggernaught, by pursuing the bleeding kidneys of Alonzo Mourning at the cost of spurning Big Karl Malone (who told Eddie Sefko in late June that the Mavs were at the top of his very short list of free-agency destinations), and have thus essentially scuttled any chance that we had of greatly improving our roster this off-season...

I wouldn't have minded seeing former #1 pick Kandi man claim the chance to make inroads into the Raef-Bradley PT for the MLE, and last year Rasho may well have pumped up his FA value by excelling in gathering his 6.5 rpg playing alongside the most talented PF in the league Garnett (Duncan calls himself a center), but I just don't think that these guys are going to do much to improve the dumb Wolves or accidental-champ-Spurs next season...

Rasho will be a disastrously over-paid, and under-talented replacement for Hall-of-Famer David Robinson, and Olowokandi is an underachieving gamble, desperately scrambling to succeed in a cash-grab before he becomes an Ike Austin-Oliver Miller caliber FA...

While Kandi may turn out to be a pretty good aquisition for the Wolves, I really can't imagine him fitting in well with our Mavs' offensive system. Furthermore, I imagine that he would provide a greatly inferior shot-blocking and rebounding presence in Dallas, especially when compared to Bradley, and his only advantages over Raef lay in the realm of FG% and a slight advantage in his rebounding commitment...

I'll say it again: Rasho is an overrated spare, spare, spare.... and Olowokandi fans might be able to dream that he will have some potential upside development in his future, but unfortunately he has already taken an step or two forward on his ignominious path of marching towards earning the distinction of being one of the worst #1 picks in the history of the NBA...

Old 07-16-2003, 07:52 AM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i wanted no part of rasho, especially with the salary he ended up getting from the spurs. but for kandi? he signed for the MLE, we should have at least made an effort, which i feel we probably didn't (then again, we have no way of knowing for sure).

but knowing kandi and his publicized all-for-the-money attitude, perhaps he went to the place where he fit best, thus allowing his numbers to increase and get a better deal down the road... it'd be interesting to see if he could learn anything from mchale...
Old 07-16-2003, 07:59 AM   #8
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

you do have to consider he was a clipper. that is the most miserable situation in the NBA. He has a chance to turn it around, now that he'll be on a winner.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:17 PM   #9
Rod1975
Golden Member

Default Kandi a Wolf

Quote:
I'll say it again: Rasho is an overrated spare, spare, spare.... and Olowokandi fans might be able to dream that he will have some potential upside development in his future, but unfortunately he has already taken an step or two forward on his ignominious path of marching towards earning the distinction of being one of the worst #1 picks in the history of the NBA...
Maybe so, but #1 in my book will always be good ol' Sam Bowie.

Let's not forget the motivation factor, which as we all know is huge. Kandi was miserable being a Clipper, he's spoken out and been fined for it.

Like you said we'll see about this business.