Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-26-2001, 07:13 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Lakes absolutely destroyed the Spurs. Shaq and Kobe almost outscored the entire Spurs team. That 0-17 stat for the Spurs looks like it will be 0-18 now.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2001, 08:41 AM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Yer what happened to the Spurs? The same Spurs team dominated the same Lakers team two years ago, except for Rice/Anderson, which makes it even weirder.
Old 05-26-2001, 09:16 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

kobe, for one, was very young and wasn't playing near to this level a couple of years ago
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 07:42 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm truely impressed by the Lake show. There not just winning games there embarrassing the other teams. How many have they won in a row now, 16 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . Complete domination.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 07:57 PM   #5
scooterj5
Golden Member

I think he 16 game streak makes them vulnerable to cockiness in the finals because they will be expecting no competition. Don't be surprised if they get blown out in the frist game.
Old 05-27-2001, 02:22 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to see any team get swept unless we're talking the Jazz or Lakers.

I sure hope the Spurs can avoid the sweep but I just don't see it happening unless Shaq sits out. But, I don't think he'll let a little sprained ankle keep him out, not when they can wrap up the series and wait for the east.

Too bad, I thought the Spurs would be playing a little more inspired basketball.
Old 05-27-2001, 03:51 AM   #7
scooterj5
Golden Member

At least the East team will be very fired up for the Lakers. I predict Scott Williams (Bucks) or Matt Geiger (sixers) will be the designated flagrant fouler in game 1. You heard it here first!
Old 05-27-2001, 11:02 AM   #8
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

God... I cant stand the Lakers...

The Spurs sadden me... they look like Dallas did against another real good defensive team in the playoffs (themselves).
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 07:19 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

WOW that was an ass kicking the Lakers gave the Spurs. They beat them like redheaded stepchildren for the whole series. That was one of the most convincing sweeps I have ever seen.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:18 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad indeed about the Spurs. What happened to the team that beat us? That was a boring series. I know we have no answer for Shaq but surely we couldn't of played worse than the Spurs did.

I know we wouldn't of won the series but I think we could of pulled off a win at home.
Old 05-27-2001, 10:55 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Average margin of victory in the series. 22.25 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 11:25 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I know the Lakers are playing good ball right now but I expected better of the Spurs in this series.
Old 05-28-2001, 12:41 AM   #13
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Yeah baby- Matt Geiger needs to work some of his Vanilla Gorilla magic on the lakers! He knew what to do to Reggie, he knows what to do to kobe...

Old 05-28-2001, 04:48 PM   #14
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Scooter, You and me think exactly alike. The only way Philly or Milwaukee has a chance against the Fakers is if they revert to the old Detroit Piston Bad Boy Days.
Old 05-29-2001, 03:30 AM   #15
scooterj5
Golden Member

I found an old Pistons tape the other day. They played rough and tough, but they had some really talented players- Dumars, Isiah, McGuire, Vinnie Johnson, Mahorn, Laimbeer, Rodman, Kevin Edwards. WOW. That's a good rotation.
Old 06-07-2001, 06:40 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The Vanilla Gorilla was an instrumental part of the Sixers gang stomp of the worthless lakers last night... Geiger would sure look good in blue and black next year...
Old 06-07-2001, 07:44 PM   #17
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Have you got some internet access going again, Evilmav? Good to see you back here!
Old 06-08-2001, 09:26 AM   #18
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

My question is this, obviously the Sixers focused on Kobe and gave him FITS the first game. Will he be able to respond this game? I think he will but it's a lot harder to manufacture points when you have people focusing on you, that's what Kobe's finding out. He'll show me ALOT if he bounces back tonight.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:55 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

The Sixers are playing the Lakers really well, Im glad to see it. I sure wish the Sixers could spoil the Lakers hopes to repeat.

I loved it when Kobe shot horribly and had 6 turnovers.
Old 06-08-2001, 10:06 PM   #20
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

What's all this crap about Kobe being such a great defender?? In the first quarter, Todd MaCollough blew by him for a slam dunk!