Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #201
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cowboys/Redskins Game Day thread...

Very nice knee taken by Quincy to end the game.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #202
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Cowboys/Redskins Game Day thread...

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
If it weren't for Quincy, Martin would have never made that first down.
OK, I totally agree.

Old 11-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #203
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Quote:
Good job by Quincy of seeing where the blitz was coming from and throwing to that spot.

Game over.
And better job by Glenn of adjusting on the horrible throw to make a great catch and turn it into a TD.
You want the guy to make a pinpoint throw when the play called for him to turn directly into a blitzing linebacker??!! C'mon U2, you can't be serious.
Why can't I give props to Glenn without everyone assuming I am bad mouthing Quincy? I LIKE Quincy. I like him.... I LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!

I just stated the FACT that Glenn made an outstanding play.

Is that okay? Or do all my posts have to pronounce the greatness of Quincy?
By all means give props to Glenn, but to say Carter made a "horrible" throw is just not accurate. He's throwing off his back foot to avoid a blitzing linebacker. Despite that he had to presence of mind to realize that the corner was blitzing also and just needed to get the ball in the vicinity before the safety
got there.

You can bad mouth Quicy all you want, but when it's not justified you're going to get call on it.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #204
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Tuna for Coach of the 1/2 year?
Old 11-02-2003, 07:41 PM   #205
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Very nice knee taken by Quincy to end the game.
LOL , he had perfect form
Old 11-02-2003, 07:42 PM   #206
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good job by Quincy of seeing where the blitz was coming from and throwing to that spot.

Game over.
And better job by Glenn of adjusting on the horrible throw to make a great catch and turn it into a TD.
You want the guy to make a pinpoint throw when the play called for him to turn directly into a blitzing linebacker??!! C'mon U2, you can't be serious.
Why can't I give props to Glenn without everyone assuming I am bad mouthing Quincy? I LIKE Quincy. I like him.... I LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!

I just stated the FACT that Glenn made an outstanding play.

Is that okay? Or do all my posts have to pronounce the greatness of Quincy?
By all means give props to Glenn, but to say Carter made a "horrible" throw is just not accurate. He's throwing off his back foot to avoid a blitzing linebacker. Despite that he had to presence of mind to realize that the corner was blitzing also and just needed to get the ball in the vicinity before the safety got there.
Oh dear god.... he had to get rid of the ball. If I called it horrible, I take it back. But I do take exception to the credit being given to ALL QUINCY. That is why I responded. It was not all Quincy.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:42 PM   #207
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

We won and I'm happy.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:43 PM   #208
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
We won and I'm happy.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks to Quincy (of course)!!!!!!

(and me too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
Old 11-02-2003, 07:44 PM   #209
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

This game was very sloppy but the Cowboys got out of the game with a Win. I'm sure the team will be hearing all week about this weeks game, the ton of penalty calls, the INT's the fumbles. I expect the Boys to be alot more ready next week against the Bills. Nice win Boys still leading the division .
Old 11-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #210
LRB
Guru

Quote:
I'm sure the team will be hearing all week about this weeks game, the ton of penalty calls, the INT's the fumbles.
You mean the team with the exception of Quincy Carter don't you? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 07:48 PM   #211
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
I'm sure the team will be hearing all week about this weeks game, the ton of penalty calls, the INT's the fumbles.
You mean the team with the exception of Quincy Carter don't you? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (LOL)
Old 11-02-2003, 07:49 PM   #212
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh dear god.... he had to get rid of the ball. If I called it horrible, I take it back. But I do take exception to the credit being given to ALL QUINCY. That is why I responded. It was not all Quincy.
Just because I gave Quincy credit in my post you assumed I was saying he was soley responsible for the play? I didn't know my post had to be all inclusive.

Old 11-02-2003, 08:13 PM   #213
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Quote:
Just because I gave Quincy credit in my post you assumed I was saying he was soley responsible for the play? I didn't know my post had to be all inclusive.
No, no, no..... I was talking about another poster(one that I have found can be quite trying on your nerves at times). One that I thought you were taking up for.

I think we have a mis-understanding here that was solely created by yours truly. My sincerest apologies.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:42 PM   #214
dirno2000
Diamond Member

No problem
Old 11-02-2003, 08:45 PM   #215
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It feels great to be a Mavs and Cowboys fan right now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I thought Quincy today played well. WHen you subtract the Terry Glenn td he threw that got called back and take away 1 interception from him and take away the 4 drops from Terry Glenn he would've statistically had a real good game. Same goes for Hambrick. You take away those 2 fumbles(which suprised me because he only had 1 fumble on the season) he could've had 120 on 21 attempts. A very careless game on the Cowboys part. The defense was great. Love the four sacks but hate that none came from the defensive lineman. Alot of pressure on the qb from the defensive line though.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:59 PM   #216
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I thought Quincy today played well. WHen you subtract the Terry Glenn td he threw that got called back and take away 1 interception from him and take away the 4 drops from Terry Glenn he would've statistically had a real good game. Same goes for Hambrick. You take away those 2 fumbles(which suprised me because he only had 1 fumble on the season) he could've had 120 on 21 attempts. A very careless game on the Cowboys part. The defense was great. Love the four sacks but hate that none came from the defensive lineman. Alot of pressure on the qb from the defensive line though.
Who had the better game statistically?

Patrick Ramsey 16/30 Cp/Att 147 Yds. 2 TD's 0 INT's

Quincy Carter 17/33 Cp/Att 196 Yds. 1 TD 2 INT's

Ramsey had the better stats... how? It had to be the padded stats at the end of the 4th.

You know, if you take away the bad passes Ramsey threw in the other 3 quarters, and take away the runs that went nowhere that Cartwright and Morton ran, the Redskins might have won.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:23 PM   #217
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Who had the better game statistically?

Patrick Ramsey 16/30 Cp/Att 147 Yds. 2 TD's 0 INT's

Quincy Carter 17/33 Cp/Att 196 Yds. 1 TD 2 INT's

Ramsey had the better stats... how? It had to be the padded stats at the end of the 4th.

You know, if you take away the bad passes Ramsey threw in the other 3 quarters, and take away the runs that went nowhere that Cartwright and Morton ran, the Redskins might have won.

No. The Redskins are garbage. There was no way they could win this game. After that blocked field goal I knew the Cowboys were going to win this. When you face a team who leads the league in penalties that tells you alot about that team. They also have no running game and no offensive line.

1996-2005
Old 11-02-2003, 10:01 PM   #218
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there's no way the redskins could have won that game?
never say that...it's the NFL..any team can beat any team on any given week
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:40 PM   #219
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
It would have been the Cowboys losing it, not the Redskins winning it.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:04 AM   #220
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:

I'd agree to that with any other team in this league but the Redskins are horrible right now. I don't know, I thought they were a pretty good team but it looks like alot of their good players are at some of the less talented positions. The defensive line is horrible. The offensive line is horrible. The running game is horrible. I think when you add all that up their was no way they could've won this game. It was there for the taking. They could've and probaly should've won this game if they wanted it. When they went up to 14-21 I didn't see nay reason why they would come back then. They still didn't look like they wanted to win.

1996-2005
Old 11-03-2003, 08:03 AM   #221
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

FFM.... I was responding, tongue in cheek, to your scenario you threw out...

Quote:
I was just trying to get the point across that if any team doesn't do some of the bad things they do in a game, things could be different. You know like, "You take away those 3 touchdowns the Cowboys scored and the Redskins might have won".

I was just playing the ridiculous what-if game you were playing, but applying it to the Redskins.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:19 AM   #222
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Gotta love that pash rush. It's great to finally see a Cowboys team getting pressure on the opposing QB. I can't remember the last time I saw a QB get beat up as bad as the Cowboys beat up Ramsey yesterday. I hope he recalls the pain every time he'll play against us in the next 6-7 years of his Redskin career.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:30 AM   #223
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought Quincy today played well. WHen you subtract the Terry Glenn td he threw that got called back and take away 1 interception from him and take away the 4 drops from Terry Glenn he would've statistically had a real good game.
Sure, if you want to pick and choose....or, you could say that QCar wouldn't have had a good game if glenn wouldn't have dropped the passes, the penalty wouldn't have been called, if the glenn interception wouldn't have occurred, and if the Redskins wouldn't have dropped 2-3 easy interceptions..

If you're going to do the 'what if' thing, at least apply it both ways.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #224
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

that mistake filled 1st half may be a blessing in disquise. Now Bill has plenty to bitch about all week, and i'll bet they'll be ready for Buffalo.

And props to the D, they played pretty damn good, and good thing or else dAllas would have lost for sure
Old 11-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #225
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I agree with Murphy, this was not a good game for Quincy. It wasn't a bad game either. He deserved the 50-something qb rating he got. He managed the game when it counted despite his early mistakes.

The most influential aspect of the game was a toss-up between the Redskins lack of qb protection or Dallas' defense (maybe both combined).
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:19 PM   #226
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
FFM.... I was responding, tongue in cheek, to your scenario you threw out...

Quote:
I was just trying to get the point across that if any team doesn't do some of the bad things they do in a game, things could be different. You know like, "You take away those 3 touchdowns the Cowboys scored and the Redskins might have won".

I was just playing the ridiculous what-if game you were playing, but applying it to the Redskins.

Yes, I knew the game you were playing. I tried to ignore it. It wasn't a what if game I was just taking away some of the things the Cowboys did that shouldn't be commited by a professional team.

1996-2005
Old 11-03-2003, 04:22 PM   #227
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
I thought Quincy today played well. WHen you subtract the Terry Glenn td he threw that got called back and take away 1 interception from him and take away the 4 drops from Terry Glenn he would've statistically had a real good game.
Sure, if you want to pick and choose....or, you could say that QCar wouldn't have had a good game if glenn wouldn't have dropped the passes, the penalty wouldn't have been called, if the glenn interception wouldn't have occurred, and if the Redskins wouldn't have dropped 2-3 easy interceptions..

If you're going to do the 'what if' thing, at least apply it both ways.

But cornerbacks drop interceptions all the time. If they didn't they would be recievers. Like I stated above it wasn't a what if game. I don't think you can have a what if game when it refers to a indiviual player.

1996-2005