Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-22-2003, 07:57 AM   #1
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road
Default Fat A** Newey and Cuban

Did anyone see this interview?

The Musers are talking about it and it sounds like it was delicious.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2003, 12:51 PM   #2
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

I heard Newy talking about it the next day. He covered most of the questions and answers. Cuban was very defensive over LaFrentz. The indication was the hoped to move Raef to PF this year, and by implication Dirk to SF. That, of course, was contingent upon them getting a center.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #3
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I saw the Interview on NBC, alot of Raef Talk, Cuban brought out the " You would sign Raef if he was avg 17ppg, 7rbs , 3 blocks a game, coming out of Denver if he was a free agent for the same amount of money we did" card . And Newy said NO I WOULDN'T, and Cuban said YES YOU WOULD! and Newy said, NO I WOULDN'T , I LOVE YOU CUBES BUT RAEF IS A STIFF. And Cuban went on to discuss how Zo's agent shafted him and how Olowokandi would have signed with the T-wolves anyway since Duffy and McHale were roomates . It was semi entertaining.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:18 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand newey and the raef bashing. But to be fair he bashes finley as well. he's just too wrapped up in someone else's money.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:46 PM   #5
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

excuse my ignorance....but who is Newy?

Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:27 PM   #6
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

I think he is the radio host guy from ESPN 103.3 FM!! right?
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:44 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Not any more mavsrule its know randy galloway on espn 1033 from 3-6. Chicago JK I think hes the sports director at channel five in dfw.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:56 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

So did Coop and NEwy just go off of the radio period? Or are the on at a earlier time or different station? I agree Dude. He is too concernced about soemone elses money. But he even bash's Nash at times. He loves to kiss Dirks ass alot though.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:25 PM   #9
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Not any more mavsrule its know randy galloway on espn 1033 from 3-6. Chicago JK I think hes the sports director at channel five in dfw.
Not exactly correct. Newy will soon have a mid-day show on ESPN 103.3 right before Galloway. Coop is doing special projects, like Cowboy camp, etc. for now. I think they are still working on a different time slot for him.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 04:15 PM   #10
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

Whatever they are saying, but i love those guys' analysis sometime! they make it fun. Sometime i can hear them arguing for hours about Mavs.
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 04:15 PM   #11
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE: Fat A** Newey and Cuban

I heard that Coop was going to be like Galloways sidekick or something, and that Newy is supposed to be doing some kind of a time slot that Tony did. Of course, I could be wrong!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 04:33 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

My thought is that 103.3 is pretty confident that if they can "go local" 8 hours a day, they can put the proverbial nail in Fox Radio's coffin. Newy followed by Galloway is a good start. The key is to find a way to put someone local in AM drive. Coop, however, is not that guy and I think 103.3 knows it. Dunham and Miller would crush Coop like a bug. People don't want to be yelled at for 3 hours in the morning. And they know that Norm and Coop are the same audience and Dan Patrick gets decent enough numbers for 103.3 with little expense (I'm sure he's cheaper than Rome). ESPN won't let him out of his contract because they know fox 1190 would offer him a contract in under 5 seconds. So Coop is kinda stuck. Best move for Coop unfortunately is to get out of town.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote