Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-27-2003, 03:43 PM   #1
BQuinn2210

BQuinn2210 is on a distinguished road
Default Notre Dame

Tyrone Willingham should be fired and the AD and president shoud resign. If you think otherwise, let me know!
BQuinn2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2003, 04:29 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Notre Dame

it's gonna take some time to rebuild the talent base at ND
Getting off to a hot start and over-achieving last was the worst thing that could have happened to that program.

give him a couple of years to rebuild the talent base and ND will be just fine.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:32 PM   #3
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Ouch...that's my school.

I truly hate to see what's happened this year, but I have to agree with murph, Ty needs a bit more time....in a very odd way he reminds me of Ara P. And needs some time recruiting to get "his" guys in there. Actualy, ND has become a bit of a hard sell since I was there...it used to have the huge aura, but we've got to remember, South Bend is a horriby cold, isolated place without many enjoyable things around...unless a 90 minute drive to Chicago in the dead of winter floats your boat.

I can go through another year of horror if something good emerges from the ashes.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: BQuinn2210
Tyrone Willingham should be fired and the AD and president shoud resign. If you think otherwise, let me know!

very stooooooooopid post. Give him time to get more of his recruits in there and they'll be fine. Quinn is going to be a good qb, and given more Olineman, and overall team talent(SPEED), ND will rebound.
I'm a huge ND fan, and you better come to the realization that i have. With their schedules, they'll lose at least 2 games every year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #5
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I love what Willingham brings to the table. It would be a monumental mistake to fire him.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 08:07 PM   #6
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

You might want to get an MRI after that HSO.

I wish you were right though. With all respect to the great OP. I am a serious "hater" of ND. From Touchdown Jesus, to the fact that I have to be submitted to the like of Notre Dame/Navy games when much better games can be shown, to their special treatment in the BCS. Me no likey.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:56 PM   #7
BQuinn2210

BQuinn2210 is on a distinguished road

The only good recruiting class that Ty will bring in will be the last one he had with Abriamini and Quinn. What recruit in their right mind would come to Notre Dame in the state that it is in now and how bad they are being taken to the woodshed by other teams. I know the schedule we've played has been nearly impossible, but the team doesnt come to play, the coaches are always outcoached, and the notre dame fans dont seem to get it. Jeff Byers, a 5 star C recruit that both Notre Dame and USC were aiming at to bring in this year was at the Notre Dame-USC game and he said after that game that he was "very dissapointed" because he had been a lifelong Notre Dame fan and after that game he was having second thoughts. If coach was asked if he was going to Notre Dame and his coach never responded but when he was asked about USC, the coach gave an in-depth view of how Jeff loved it. From here on out, Ty will need to work some of his best recruiting magic because from the performances this year, our teams are only going to get worse. The other reason why the players are not going to be good enough to beat teams like USC and Michigan, is because the academic bar is way too high to compete with the schedule Notre Dame has. just a few thoughts, let me know what you think Notre Dame will do with recruiting and whether or not Ty should be fired. If yes, who should Notre Dame bring in as a new coach.
BQuinn2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:17 PM   #8
Lonnie

Lonnie is on a distinguished road

I dont think the williamham should be fired but something must be done. This is one of the most prestigous programs in college football and tyhey r playing as if they were baylor. its bad for football and bad for notre dame
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:17 PM   #9
Lonnie

I dont think the williamham should be fired but something must be done. This is one of the most prestigous programs in college football and tyhey r playing as if they were baylor. its bad for football and bad for notre dame
Old 10-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #10
Lonnie

sorry for the double post, my mouse doesnt work so i ustually have to click more than once
Old 10-29-2003, 09:31 AM   #11
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough