Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-27-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
BQuinn2210

BQuinn2210 is on a distinguished road
Default Rangers' Pitching Staff

If the Texas Rangers are ever going to make a move for the playoffs or even a winning record this is the time to make that jump. That jump involves bringing in 2-3 dominant pitchers to help save our joke of a pitching staff. Coco is a great closer with a ton of potential, so we're covered there, but in the starting staff there are huge problems. Chan Ho will never play again and he was the biggest bust in Rangers history and one of the biggest in MLB history. Some of the free agent pitchers that the Rangers could land are: Andy Pettitte, Sidney Ponson, Javier Vazquez, Livan Hernandez, Kevin Millwood, Mark Redman, and a few others. If the Rangers could get 2 of the pitchers in that list, the team would probably make it to the playoffs. There is so much potential in the Rangers right now its not even funny, but without pitching we're going no where!
BQuinn2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2003, 10:15 PM   #2
Lonnie

Lonnie is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Rangers' Pitching Staff

will the ranger be willing to pay top dollar for a pitcher after losing all the money they did on chen ho last year, can they afford it?
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
BQuinn2210

After A-ROD reconstructs is contract, and we let Juan and Raffy go, I think we'll be able to get 2 of them. We could possible steal Roger Clemens out of retirement and have his 40-year old ass throwing 90-95 mph cheese down the plate. All I know is, Tom Hicks and John Hart better get their acts together because our young talent will go to waste w/o pitching.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:22 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

No they can't. If the Rangers arew to assemble any form of a pitching staff most of it will come from within. It looks like the Rangers will manage payroll a little more tightly.

If you don't believe me see the Stars.

Fortunately there are a few guys there. Could they pick up one good starter..... yeah, but 2-3 won't happen.

My advise pray for the minor league guys to develop. The good news is that a couple of them just might.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:25 PM   #5
BQuinn2210

Your definately right about our payroll and I read in the paper that john hart is getting replaced so thats always good news. John Danks, our 1st round pick this past year, will be great. He's a lefty with a 90 mph fastball and a killer curveball (not quite zito). We always accomplished getting our farm system going with all the trades we did during the season so hopefully some of those guy can produce.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #6
Lonnie

Lonnie is on a distinguished road

Besides danks, do we have any good pitching prospects that cuold become big league pitchers within the next two years?
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:03 PM   #7
BQuinn2210

Default RE: Rangers' Pitching Staff

Just imagine this lineup:
C- Laird
1B- Teixeira
2B- Young
SS- A-rod
3B- Blalock
RF- Nix
CF- Nivar
LF- psh who needs it
P- Andy Pettitte/Javier Vazquez
P- Roger Clemens/Ponson/Hernandez
P- John Danks
Closer- coco

Juan Dominguez looks pretty good right now and our bullpen was decent last year
Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 AM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Pinch yourself, cause that ain't going too happen

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:00 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i haven't given up hope on Cobra Lewis and some of their other prospects..Ramos bounced back to have a decent year

at left field..don't forget about Mench..he was injured last year..but, he's still had a pretty decent career so far
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:01 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the dreaded double post
Old 10-28-2003, 01:01 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

the doubley dreaded triple post
Old 10-28-2003, 01:26 AM   #12
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
i haven't given up hope on Cobra Lewis and some of their other prospects..Ramos bounced back to have a decent year

at left field..don't forget about Mench..he was injured last year..but, he's still had a pretty decent career so far
I was on board with Colby a couple years ago but the more I see of him, the more I see of D Davis in him.