Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Dooby's working list

Spent maybe five minutes on an off-season plan on the way into work (hopefully, the Mavs spend longer coming up with theirs).

My criteria is always: (i) avoid pipedreams; (ii) I don't love anybody enough that I won't trade or cut him, especially projects; (iii) I don't hate anybody enough that I won't trade for or sign him if it makes basketball sense; (iv) I avoid discussing trades because invariably you are wrong; (v) I am not afraid to sign players I hate; (vi) I assume all options are excersized; (vii) I tend to avoid free agents that are: (a) well known, (b) old, or (c) projects.

The only variable is that I think there is a trade in the offseason to be made. And the likely player to go is Daniels, last night notwithstanding.

Resign:
Terry

Extend:
Howard
Dirk

Let walk:
Keith Van Horn
Darrell Armstrong
Griffin
Benga (maybe; I don't resign him for stupid money if a stupid team is willing to do it)

Draft:
I know Cuban doesn't want to do it, but I think spending the money to move up is worth it in this draft. I think that a good organization can identify a player in the middle to late first that can be a contributor on a playoff team. I personally don't want to take the risk that Josh Howard falls to me again; I move up to get him.

Roster:
Diop (c)
Dampier (c)
Pavel (c)
Dirk (PF)
**** (PF)
Howard (SF)
**** (SF)
Stack (SG)
Daniels (SG)
Terry (PG)
Harris (PG)
**** (PG)

Irrelevant pieces:
Powell
Marshall

Needs:
Backup PF (with some versatility to play the small forward position; must play defense; hit open shot)
Backup SF (with some versatility to play the off guard position; must play defense; hit open shot, especially three pointers)
3rd String PG (good ball handling skills; must play defense; hit open shot)

Working list of FA I theoretically think would be available to Dallas for the money and that I would have some small amount of interest in:

Joe Johnson
Al Harrington
Jumaine Jones
Calbert Cheney
Jon Barry
Walter McCarty
Jim Jackson
Bobby Jackson
James Posey
Jim Jackson
Tim Thomas
Caron Butler
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote