Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
ThisCharmingFan

ThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the roughThisCharmingFan is a jewel in the rough
Default NBA League Pass Broadband

Tried to find some straight info about this from google and the website, but can't find a whole lot concerning price or anything. Wanting some firsthand experience. I do not have a cable provider right now and don't plan to have one, so am thinking about buying this for my computer only.

Specifically, want to know if I can pay monthly or is it a flat fee?

Found an article saying it is just bad for broadband, but in addition to being a Mavs fan I am an NBA fan so any game to watch is good to me.. Are blackouts really going to restrict me as much as it seems?

Are there replays or is it live only?

Any other information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, guys.
ThisCharmingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

-Flat fee, but I believe you can pay in four installments, if you want.

-Unless you live near DFW, blackouts only affect the games that are on national TV and the ones on NBATV. It's kind of lame that you can't watch the NBATV games on LP broadband, but whatever.

-Live and replays. The replays tend to go up a few hours after the game ends.

-I think the service is way too expensive relative to the price of the TV package (which gives you broadband and mobile, too). But if you don't have cable at all, it's the only option, and is probably worth the price.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I got Broadband for the first time last season and hated it. The streaming is glitchy and choppy and I could rarely sit through an entire game. I'm getting League Pass this upcoming season because I finally have a cable provider that does NBATV.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I got Broadband for the first time last season and hated it. The streaming is glitchy and choppy and I could rarely sit through an entire game. I'm getting League Pass this upcoming season because I finally have a cable provider that does NBATV.
Same exact feelings here.

Had regular LP for a couple seasons, had to get LPBB because Time Warner is retarded and would black out Mavs games on LP even though I live in deep South Texas, LPBB wouldn't black it out for me so I got it.

Streams are glitch and pretty annoying and yes you can pay in installments, 4 I believe.

Going back to regular LP this season and hopefully those douche bags from TWC don't black out Mavs games again.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 07-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

^ I'm not sure if Rick paid for something different, but when I've bought regular LP through Time Warner the past several years, I get LP BB included (and LP Mobile too). You just have to activate it on NBA.com.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote