Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-27-2001, 03:55 AM   #1
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Did the Sixers make a blunder letting him go so cheaply?

The market for young talented centers is very very strong, they could have played him as trade bait and got at least a talented piece (Nazr was a throw in, in the Mutombo trade)
Old 05-27-2001, 08:48 AM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning to think the whole Mutonbo trade was a blunder. The Sixers went from the best team in the NBA to a second-tier team. I don't understand how it happened, the trade should have worked.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 10:15 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I don't know but Nazr's a free agent and I'd like to have him in Dallas if at all possible. He'd be a really nice pick up IMO.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 11:00 AM   #4
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Well Phil wanted to win something this year... not next year. When their center went down, they needed a replacement. And since the hawks were willing to trade Mutombo, they went out and got him.

I still think that Phil will bounce back and win this series. And could even make it interesting for LA... provided they get somewhat healthy. As much as I hate LA... I'd love to see the Iverson vs. Kobe, and Shaq vs. Mutombo matchup.

If Mutombo and Iverson get healthy...
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:11 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard this guy's name come up on other boards and people seem to think he would be a good pick up...Im not familiar with him but more people seem to think he would be a good pick up than not.

Could someone tell me a little bit about him?
Old 05-28-2001, 01:37 AM   #6
scooterj5
Golden Member

I thought Sixers coach was Larry Brown gio???
Old 05-28-2001, 09:47 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the sixers don't have enough offensive firepower now.
they gave up too much. yes, defense wins championships but not when you're offense is as impotent as philadelphia's is
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 10:20 AM   #8
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Phil = Philadephia, not Phil Jackson. Just making sure you all don't think I'm an idiot and don't know the difference.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 03:35 AM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

Oh yes that makes sense now gio. And murph, the Sixers offence is awesome because of that Iverson fella.