Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default RIP Ronnie James Dio

Each of us has our generation...for me, I'm an 80's kid.

Part of that experience involved a variety of Heavy Metal bands, one of which was DIO.

This morning Ronnie James Dio passed away.

This is turning into an afternoon of looking back and listening back...pulling out my old Dio albums, looking up old Dio Video's.

Dio was one of my top all-time concerts. His shows were more than just music, he often placed some type of theatrical presence that involved a bit of a dark side...magic and dragons. For me, this was some cool stuff, especially when I look at the rest of the stuff going on in my life at the time.

Ronnie James Dio, may you rest in peace. May your family, friends and fans enjoy you for years to come through the music that you provided.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Rest in peace, Ronnie
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

RIP

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Ah man. Horrible. I also was a fan of his.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Jerry Stackhouse

Jerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to all

I'm glad I got a chance to see him live before he died. He always seemed like a good guy and was a great ambassador for metal. And there was no drop off in performance with age.
Jerry Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to be rude..but who?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Not to be rude..but who?
Ozzy's replacement with Black Sabbath.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Some credit Ronnie James Dio with bringing the Hook Em Horns sign to Metal.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P. Ronnie

There's no sign of the morning coming
You've been left on your own
Like a Rainbow in the Dark
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Jerry Stackhouse

Jerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to allJerry Stackhouse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Not to be rude..but who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Ozzy's replacement with Black Sabbath.
and lead singer of Rainbow, Dio, Heaven and Hell. Generally considered to be one of the greatest metal singers of all time. His appeal never seemed to go beyond metal fans, so I can understand your reaction.

Last edited by Jerry Stackhouse; 05-17-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Jerry Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

im sure we've all heard 'holy diver' ... but my fav Dio is 'last in line'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSjlEjpyA9g

RIP

Tags
fluffy banter; evil fluff